my first babies

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

BubblegumJoey
Why Hello There !

Re: my first babies

Post by BubblegumJoey » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:15 am

Hmmm......well the lights are both mounted length wise to the plants not above, could that be it? what kind of light would you recommend? I thought these would be alright because they are UV bulbs? could be wrong though.

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:39 pm

There are way too many variables to tell you what you should be using. Money, space, location, temperature, personal preference. I'd recommend looking around for guides on cannabis lighting. There's a great deal more to lighting than U.V. rays.

thomic1
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by thomic1 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Just remember that "blue" is your "buddy" and you can't go wrong... (the blue light spectrum). ;)

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:27 am

I say if u cnt run a metal halide or HPS just get a lED panel they have different selections and colors/spectrum also low heat
Bop bop beech

BubblegumJoey
Why Hello There !

Post by BubblegumJoey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Well I got some new bulbs, two 200 watt bulbs and 2 blue lights and 2 red lights still keeping the 2 florescents. 2 of them are really taking off now but one just refuses to grow. any ideas of why it's soo stubborn?

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:31 pm

Could be anything, including genetics. Some phenos of the same strain like to stay small and bushy, some like to get tall and lanky. If you're growing from seed, this is probably the case. Clones don't have this problem.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Depends,some plants grow slower,sOme grow faster,could be rootbound maybe r a few other things,just give it time and see what happens
Bop bop beech

friendcolleen
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by friendcolleen » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:16 am

Gro-Lux lights are probably the most effective common fluorescent plant lights to grow plants indoor. :weed: :weed:

smokerbum1
Why Hello There !

Post by smokerbum1 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:30 pm

sept141.jpg
sept141.jpg (80.09 KiB) Viewed 891 times
Hi peeps!

My Betsy is in 4-5th week of flowering. She is 6.5 - 7" tall and having problems growing vertically due to bad lighting conditions. Wondering if someone could tell me if the frost will damage her since she is out in 4 degree celcius weather. I have the top of the soil covered in a blanket and have built a mini greenhouse. She has been progressing slowley but a little faster now a days. I am done using nutes after today as I am hoping to harvest her in a month if im lucky. Just wondering how much I can harvest or how much she can still grow vertically or with the top bud? Will there be more shoots to grow? Comments welcome thanks

betsy1.jpg
betsy1.jpg (160.44 KiB) Viewed 891 times
Thanks Peeps!