making the first move...

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

joey is a noob
Casual toker
Casual toker

making the first move...

Post by joey is a noob »

hey guys, none of you prolly know me but ill make a brief intro about myself just to make me feel more at home....my names Joe and i smoke a little on the side WARNING WALL OF TEXT

now im not really known to be a ladies man since all girls just become friends(which has it perks in some cases) but lately this chick that i've been close with since gr.6 is really making my judgement to make a move difficult, shes nice and all but damn this girl can be moody so shes difficult to read @ times but for some reason im fkn losing sleep wondering if i should make a move....this is where the friends with tons of girls kick in 8) ,,,the above girl has had a past of being treated like shit and just basically used and im there to cheer her back up cause i cant stand women to be sad.....with that said her friends are telling her that she needs to look into getting with me(fuck ya! the friend zone pays of for once!) but she shrugs the idea off, now me and this girl have had our moments and we both know that theres something there.....but my experiences with women tell me not to get ahead of myself so im wondering should i risk a great friendship by making a move or keep things how they are and just settle for the friend and prolly be single for a long time? Also i was wondering if getting high would make it better for me to tell this girl how i feel or is that plain stupid?

Oh fuck, i posted way too much;sorry guys :oops: you can tell that i got alot to say about the issue, also if your wondering why im coming here of all places, all my friends have girlfriends and dont really give me any advice so im kinda by myself on this one

Happy Hour Is Here

swanee89
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by swanee89 »

make your move, i waited to long with a friend off mine and dated another chick and my friend never really hanged out with me after that, she said i hurt her or some shit... who knows.
[img]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x106/swanee89/rs_sig2.jpg[/img]
"Bob Dylan impresses me about as much as... well, I was gonna say a slug but I like slugs."
-Captain Beefheart

grayhookups
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by grayhookups »

i say make the move.....if it wasnt meant to work out u can break the ice and just laugh about how bad u guys were together.....if ur friends around u dont make it awkward than it shouldnt be awkward at all........but yea id go for it....clearly if ur losing sleep this girl has some effect on ur life....go for it....if u feel confident enuff
everything is better when stoned....period

joey is a noob
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by joey is a noob »

i dont feel confident @ all, this girl is out of my league but theres something telling me i have a chance, its a weird feeling to describe, you know how someone can do anything to you but you still find a way to get passed it everytime? thats my situation with her i've have a shitload of downs but also a decent share of ups....im emtionally whipped lol i just dont want to get rejected which is a high probability considering the guys she's been out with....ok so i guess i should rephrase my question:

Would you risk losing a friend, pride, and self-esteem just for a shot at a girl you would do anything to be with even though the feelings dont appear to be mutual?

Also: Would being high give me the confidence i need to get some balls and ask?
Happy Hour Is Here

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce »

being drunk will
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?

Jay212
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Jay212 »

a nice fat line will make her want to fuck you. but then again....
If u aint from the hillz then homeboy lay it down ~ CWS

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku »

If you want confidence, sniff some yay or pop some Xo's, weed doesn't make you confident.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

dr.Spock
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by dr.Spock »

maybe u could just be friends with benefits
[img]http://www.imageannex.com/out.php/i1034_prairiedogds2.gif[/img]

joey is a noob
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by joey is a noob »

being friends with benefits would still require me to make a move to initialize the relationship....sniff Coke? well i live in Toronto, Canada......Woodbridge to be specific, and all i can find is bud....im still kinda young so i dont know if thats a good idea...yet :P

Explain to me the effect coke gives you to get the girl?
Happy Hour Is Here

Cat_ScrAtch
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Cat_ScrAtch »

Make a move. Whats the worst that can happen?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/sumo9112/spartalolol.gif[/img]

joey is a noob
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by joey is a noob »

I posted above the stuff that could happen like losing a friend, feeling awkward, lose all confidence etc. etc. the main problem im facing is to find a good place/situation to make the move......man looking back on last friday night, home alone, on the couch, scary movie(i wasnt paying attention much lol), lights cut out, with only 1 friend with her telling me to make the move while the girl i like did something upstairs once she came back........fuck man im n00b
Happy Hour Is Here

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher »

Joey, nobody here can tell you what you should do. YOU are the only one who knows...go with your gut.

And don't bother with the coke idea...it's a bad idea

joey is a noob
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by joey is a noob »

as true as that is, i still would like to see what other people think about the topic.....ill prolly talk with her most likely over the weekend or early next week......ill keep you guys posted if you want
Happy Hour Is Here

SladeHino
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SladeHino »

First off about her being Moody, ever thought of PMS. Secondly, don't rush things, Rushing things fucks stuff up, espically if you got the feeling shes out of the league. But also, have self confidence, first things first. Find out what she likes, learn about her. Spend time with her talking alot, then when you think the time is right, whatever she likes to do. Look for somewhere you can take her that she will like to go. But dont pull any moves there, wait longer. Take her out just have fun with her, best advice is to Make her laugh. Hell get her high and make her laugh. Try to get her to come to you, and show signs she's starting to like you. Seems every time I try to make a move shit backfires so the best advice i can give is wait for her to show you, If you do that you wont have to worry about losing a friendship, and being high will make you more paranoid and nervous. Hahah but I donno if you should listen to me, all my relationships backfire. Um. But if you want try it out either way, just dont make it obvious. Theres two outcomes to this if you dont make it obvious you like her. She starts liking you, or remains how it is with a better friendship. So either one will help greatly. But then knowing my advice theres the chance something will fuck up. But that's all I can say as to help. Peace

And as for the coke thing. Picture this, You snort a line, feel it, have a pissy downfall, Get addicted try agian, and then one day when your hanging out with her you'll have to spit and you'll spit and she probably will see alot of black shit in your spit. That'll be real heartmoving wouldn't it. Listen to WeedGURU Higher.
Qapow.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow »

I'm exactly the same.

I'm a very social and open guy, I don't have any problems socializing with females but when it comes down to actually telling a girl you like her more than just friendswise I'm the shyest guy on the planet :x

Ah well, managed to get myself some babes already, just waiting on the next one :lol:
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.