auto flowering basic setup

Talk about grow room setup/design and equipment

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: auto flowering basic setup

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:35 am

I planted them both in soil from the front patch of garden, and both have died. all that has grown is what seems like normal grass. So..I am not germinating my two remaining seeds, because the 5th seed, which germinated earlier, I lost in the living room whilst drunkard and excited. Does this mean that the soil I am using is somehow wrong? Or that the germinated seeds were not planted properly???

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:58 am

if you grew them up a bit before you planted them in the garden you probably planted them too deep, if you plant them any deeper than before the whole plant will rot.

if you planted them as seeds, it means you put them in too deep or not deep enough. remember that if you dont know how deep theyre supposed to be planted put them in 2.5 times how wide the seed is.

of course without pictures or a better explanation of everything and having no experience growing marijuana i could be wrong, those were just the two most common things that happens.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:39 am

I germinated them first in damp toilet paper, between two dishes, and once they had sprouted, I placed them half an inch into the soil, with the sprout facing downwards.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:08 am

was there any fungus gnats in the plants? they couldt tear em down like that,

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:26 am

what the fuck are fungus gnats????

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:46 am

theyre little pricks who eat the roots of your plants if its too damp.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:08 pm

Could be anything man.....you'd have a better chance sprouting them indoors first.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:38 am

Ok...I have managed to get one of my two remaining seeds to germinate indoors, between two plates, above the fridge, covered in damp toilt paper...The pictures above are of the pots where i was going to plant them. However, these are the pots, which I planted the other two germinated seeds in, which didn't even make it to the surface...Is there something wrong with the soil??? If so, why are a multitude of random weeds sprouting up?? Is this soil safe to use??? By planting my germinated seed an inch deep with the sprout pointing downwards???

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:07 am

It's not recommended to sprout seeds in such a large pot......and the soil looks very wet and packed. The roots need loose soil they can breathe in. You'd be better of buying a bag of proper soil for $5.00...it's gonna be worth it. Good soil is very important and more so with a strain like yours

Have a look at this guide for soil info

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=26646

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:25 am

Cheers, Higher...I will head to the garden centre on Monday, and grab some soil. I just assumed, wrongly, that if other things were happily growing in the soil then it must be fertile.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:19 am

this is helping me plan :)

now to get my hands on some seeds
woah

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:08 am

Weedguru Higher wrote:It's not recommended to sprout seeds in such a large pot......and the soil looks very wet and packed. The roots need loose soil they can breathe in. You'd be better of buying a bag of proper soil for $5.00...it's gonna be worth it. Good soil is very important and more so with a strain like yours

Have a look at this guide for soil info

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=26646
could he not sprout them in peat moss with a clear cover to hold in moisture? thats what ive always done for plants.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:19 am

Too late...my two new germinated seeds, were 'cleaned' when an over zealous housemate went pure berserk when tidying the house recently for an agency and landlord visit.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:52 pm

ah man that sucks...
will you try again?
woah

POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by POTSMURF » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:10 am

Hey weedguru_animal, What I reccomend is for you to do like higher said and buy a cheap bag of soil with no additives in it. Then go buy some perlite and/or hydroton(clay hydro pebbles) and mix these items with your soil. I would say 60-70% soil and 30-40% hydroton/perlite mix. This will give your roots more oxygen and your mix will drain easier so that your roots don't rot from being too compacted. Later bro. I hope this advice was able to help you a little. PEACE TO ALL

P.S. After buying these items and mixing them, you will then definitely want to transplant them and put them under 24/7 cool white florescent lights for about 2 weeks and then place them in a partly shady area outside when that 2 weeks is up so it can get used to the sunlight. You can gradually find a place in direct sunlight after you see it is strong enough. Just don't rush it or you will burn up your plant. Remember, florescent lights and sunlight are two completely different kinds of light and heat. PEACE TO ALL and good luck to you my friend.