CO2 in my grow room?

Talk about grow room setup/design and equipment

Moderator: Moderators

Jimbo E
Casual toker
Casual toker

CO2 in my grow room?

Post by Jimbo E » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:19 am

ok, I've been reading this...http://cannabisculture.com/articles/1804.html...about getting CO2 in your grow room & it was saying somthing about running duct work from a nat.gas or propain applyance...well, let me just paste it here...Recycled CO2

A source of recycled CO2 may be found in any natural gas or propane appliance, especially those with a pilot light. All such appliances produce CO2, when properly functioning, that is. A simple rule of thumb is: blue flame = CO2 or what we want, yellow flame = CO or carbon monoxide, deadly poisonous! It is merely a question of how to get the CO2 gas from the appliance to the grow room. If the appliance (furnace, hot water heater, stove, etc.) is anywhere near the grow room, then a simple duct system of dryer vent tubing running from the bottom of the appliance (remember, CO2 is heavier than air) to the grow room will suffice. A muffin fan placed on the room end of the tube, blowing into the room, would efficiently move the gas.... it just so happens that my "gas"hot water heater is less than 8' away from the outer wall of my grow room, WOW how cool is that :?: :P it should'nt take much wrk.or $ at all to make this CO2 thing happen. I could even wire up the computer fan (which I just so happen to have an old comp.)on a timer to give me some control over it...What do y'all think; have any of you guys ever tryed this :?: I think it just might work...HMMM :scratch: :dunno:
DO'NT BOGART THAT JOINT MY FRIEND...PASS IT OVER TO ME!!!

Charlie-Bo,like a Mo-Fo

Psyclone
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Psyclone » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:55 am

Oh my God. Look it up on Google.

Jimbo E
Casual toker
Casual toker

cut me some slack, PLZ

Post by Jimbo E » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:42 am

Psyclone wrote:Oh my God. Look it up on Google.
ok,dude :!: I swear, your just gonna'shoot down every thread I post in here, arent you? I just thought it was an interesting idea. I guess I'll have to wing this grow if y'all do'nt want to be any help. I thought helping others is what y'all were here for but, I guess you being from NY, I can expect smart ass answers for every thread. All I wanted was an educated openion but if all I'm gonna'get is toung lashed, I'll go somwhere else for the answers I'm looking for :!: :evil: I thought this was a Q & A forum, maby I was wrong :?

Charlie-Bo,like a Mo-Fo

Psyclone
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Psyclone » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:06 am

CO2 has been used in advanced grow rooms since I can remember. The most inexpensive way is to get a gallon jug (water, milk, whatever). Empty it out. Puncture a hole on the cap. Fill 2/3 with water and a lot of sugar. Then put in yeast. Shake it up. The yeast will emit CO2 on it's on.

Jimbo E
Casual toker
Casual toker

yep, I read that too.

Post by Jimbo E » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:52 pm

that's exactly what I'm doing right now on this grow (the old jug w/h sugar,H2O & yeast). I just thought it was a novel idea that you could extract CO2 from the bottom of a hot water heater or any other gas applyance through a ductwork system into the grow room via a fan on the room end of the duckwork. I just wanted to share this idea with others who might not have thought of or read about doing this before. I'm constantly reading up on growing techniques & when I run across somthing I havent seen in this forum, I'd like to be able to share it with you guys. Psyclone, I know you've probably been growing pot forever but, some of us need all the info & help we can get.Our quest is bigger & better buds, right?

Charlie-Bo,like a Mo-Fo

Psyclone
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Psyclone » Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:14 am

If you don't have a plumbing license then don't touch it.

Jimbo E
Casual toker
Casual toker

that's true

Post by Jimbo E » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:00 pm

no pluming license here but, I think what this guy was talking about was just setting a clothes dryer exaust hose at the bottom of a water heater on one end and connecting it to a small fan on the grow room end facing into the room creating a vacume like effect and drawing the CO2 into the room. I'm not sure but I do'nt think he ment actually connecting it to the heater but rather just laying the vacume end on the ground under the water heater. I'll re-read it to see if I can make more sence out of it...cool?

Charlie-Bo,like a Mo-Fo

danthebadman
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by danthebadman » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:35 pm

a friend of mine who grows uses a old paintball gun co2 bottle and has it hooked up to welding valves and then hooked up to a timer so 3 times a day all the fans turn off and the is co2 slowly released in to his grow room....very good idea and thinking about doing it myself.

smooth
Why Hello There !

Re: CO2 in my grow room?

Post by smooth » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:18 pm

WHOA MAN YOU WANT CO2 YOU CAN MADE IT OR BUY IT BUT DONT START CHANGEINING DUCTWORK THAT DUCT IS DESIGNED FOR YOUR AND YOU CHILDRENS SAFTY YOU REALY DONT WANT TO POISION SOME ONE WIT CARBON MONOXIDE THATS A REAL BAD COLOR KINDA GRAY BLUE.
EVEN AT THE WELDING SUPPLY THE SELL THE RECULATOR AND CO2 TANK FOR LESS THAN 300 DOLLARS AND WAY SAFER. AND CO2 CAN DOUBLE YOUR CROP IN 1 SEASON :chronic:

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:24 pm

a word to the wise my new wg friend
check the posted date on old topics
the dude talked about fucking with his vent work in 2007

pudd1818
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by pudd1818 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:05 pm

If you are going to use sugar, water and yeast to make CO2 you might aswell buy the equipment and start making wine or beer. That way you can have some drinks with your weed.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:52 am

Are you a real experienced grower?

If not, skip that shit

giraffes
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by giraffes » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:20 am

:bonghit: one reason that you should never do that, is the fact that those water heaters produce CO not Co2, which will eventually kill you.... :bonghit:
Make tacos, Not war[/b]