QWISO help

Discuss everything related to hashish, oil and kief
Including pipe resin, and soapbar info

Moderator: Moderators

zimzim
Why Hello There !

QWISO help

Post by zimzim » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:18 am

So, I am making some QWISO for the first time, I am on the last 2 washes and i don't have any plates so I put it in two metal cookie cans, is this going to be a problem?

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: QWISO help

Post by Ikku » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:02 pm

What is QWISO? Sounds like it might be some kind of isopropyl extracted hash oil? Sykonot can probably answer this one if that's the case. I've never heard of QWISO.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:50 am

Qwiso stands for quick wash isopropyl,basically u want ur bud/trim dry to where u can crumble it up pretty good,of not just grind I up.
Secondly u throw the trim/bud into a jar with a lid,add iso alcohol in till it's just a little over the trim/bud,maybe half an inch
Next shake for 20-30 seconds"qwiso"if u want to soak it longer to break all the thc down but it won't be considered qwiso
Next u want to strain your trim n shit out and collect all the iso enriched with thc and u want to dry this,place a fan blowing on it or use a hot plate/griddle to evaporate the iso,it will leave behind a blackish oil "may be light gold,brown,depends on what u use and the quality of ur shake.
If u lean the container u have the oil in just watch and if the oil don't run down and puddle up it should be good,another words the oil will just stay in place and not run

An questions just ask and I'll be happy to help u,btw qwiso when done right is fkn awesome
Bop bop beech

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:03 am

If you freeze your herb/jar for an hour or two beforehand, the final result will be a much lighter colour. Chlorophyll is much less soluble in isopropyl at these temperatures, resulting in a purer oil. This can be further potentiated with a decarb run once the alcohol evaporates.

Side-note: The best bud for QWISO is bud that's freshly-harvested and still wet, though frozen.

Yeah, old thread, but relevant information.

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:11 am

yeah I've always heard it was much better to use fresh weed too like what JTP said.. the only way I made hash was with using isolator bags, and I used fresh trim after freezing it for a few hours and came out with very light colored, EXTREMELY potent hash from the smaller screens
Peace Not Greed.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:11 pm

This is old but I'm just reading over the things I've posted. Seeing mistakes I made.

The purpose I said dry bud/trim is so that way you can easily break off the crystals when rubbing or grinding.
I must've got mixed up with how I made my kief at the time,idk. I have tried the freezer technique and had some of the best oils I made from it.
Bop bop beech