Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

DIY Kief Box

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:50 pm

DIY Kief Box
By Theanswerto1984is1776

I am posting my DIY kief box for those who might be interested in a low budget alternative to Bubblebags or just overpriced kief boxes. So after eating some cannabutter brownies for breakfast(MMMmmm!!!), I went to my local Micheal's Art and Crafts. I asked for silk screen and got pointed to there t-shirt making section. Sure enough they had a premounted 110 Micron screen. It is 15x19 inches total, with 11x14 screen area. I searched around the store, for a suitable box to collect the kief. My search led me to the framing department where they had a selection of shadow box frames. I found one that was 12x16, which was close to the screens 11x14. The shadow box style is perfect, as the glass is fixed in place and there is a good three inches of height to the frame, making it perfect to collect trichs! The screen is fixed in a metal border and it sits perfectly on the back of the frame. I am currently thinking of ways to attach the screen to the box, maybe some pegs coming out of the frame that the screen can sit on. You can easily drill through the metal border and something to hold it in place will be nice.

12x16 Shadow Box frame

110 micron premounted silk screen

I removed the back of the frame, but keep it for later usage.

Screen area fits perfectly above frame opening!

Silk screen $20
Shadow box frame $15

Ok so obviously I wouldn't leave you guys with no results!! I have a couple freezer bags of trim and some small underbuds that I placed into the freezer one and a half hours before this test run. I have read many different screen hash making tutorials and the freeze time varies from 1 hour to 24 hours!! I just took a small amount for now and will let the rest freeze overnight.

As you can see here I took just a small amount to test it out.

In the earlier post I said keep the felt backing, that is because I put that under the glass in order to see the collection of trichs better. After working the material for about ten minutes I had this!

Not bad for about 5-6 grams of scrap, I can't wait to do the rest!!

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: DIY Kief Box

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Sat May 15, 2010 12:10 am

i'm gonna have to invest in something along those lines.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sat May 15, 2010 3:01 am

ima build something similar to this but much smaller, just shake all of my weed in it before i pack it into a bowl or something

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat May 15, 2010 10:57 am

You can make smaller ones like this. I found good instructions the other day buy can't seem to find it now. I was thinking of making one myself

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sat May 15, 2010 9:17 pm

Weedguru Higher wrote:You can make smaller ones like this. I found good instructions the other day buy can't seem to find it now. I was thinking of making one myself

i saw one on grasscity i think... it mightve just been saying theyre really ncei to have but eithre way.