Including pipe resin, and soapbar info

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Kief...

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:48 am

Anyone else here smoke the kief???
My grinder collects these little crystals as I grind my way through my normal weed. I try hard to leave that sacred bottom chamber alone, whenever I run low on green, but sometimes, I am forced to delve into the small mounds of extremely potent dust which has collected there over the preceding weeks.

Kief is strong. The highest concentration of THC is found in these tiny crystals...And I notice the difference. So I am sure that any other habitual tokers would also notice its potency. I would go as far as to suggest that its worth buying a decent grinder with a kief chamber so that you don't lose these golden dusty particles of HIGH.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: Kief...

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:05 pm

No, but I was recently thinking of buying one of those kief collector grinders.

It must take a hell of alot of weed grinding to get a decent amount of it though?

It looks so fuckin' yummy!!

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:51 am

not really a whole lot, especially depending on the quality and how properly cured it is
Peace Not Greed.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:01 am

It certainly isn't a smooth smoke...but its a hefty smoke. Some people apparently get it mixed up with pollen, which to me, has rarely been anything other than mild and pleasant. Speaking of which, I haven't smoked any form of resin for 18 months now. I am unsure if it is even available here in Australia, but it must be, as weed IS available...Still, I advise you Higher, to fork out for a decent grinder, and give the kief a chance. I doubt you will regret it...

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:31 am

yeah my grinder does the same thing... collects at the bottom... about 3 months ago i emptied a nice quantity out and smoked it over a period of a couple of weeks... even sprinkling some on a joint.. .which turned out to be undoubtedly my favourite way... certainly gave the joint a good kick
woah

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:40 pm

Sexy!

Those grinders that have the screened section for kief collectiong are known as pollinators. I have one that's all metal, I've had it about 3 years and the thing is super sturdy and reliable. I used a label maker to make a little sticker on it that says 'no regs allowed'.

Then the other day I saw one thats just like mine except the top cover it clear plexiglass so you get to see the buds getting grinded up in there. Now I want one soo bad!!!
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:55 am

I only use the kief to get me through the odd periods between No herb amd herb...though it ALWAYS seems, mightily potent. Worth investing in a decent grinder just to grab these crystals of bliss...

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:23 am

^ if you save it up you can make it into hash, two very simple ways and its a nice smoke.

you just press it with a heated knife while its in between two plastic bags.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:32 pm

Not plastic...cellophane :wink:
The pressing technique used determines far more than just the overall aesthetic of the final product. The way the hash will burn, store, taste and smell are all altered and ideally improved by pressing. Before anything gets pressed, the powder/kief/gland heads – whatever you call it – has to be put into cellophane wrapping. Now, cellophane is not the same as a Ziploc baggie or saran-wrap (cling-wrap). Cellophane is the thin “crispy” cheap plastic that covers most store-bought items, the non-sticky clear wrap packaging you find on unopened cigarette cartons, for example. Ziploc baggies, however, are made with plastic polymers that actually bond with resin heads and cannot be separated. So don’t use a plastic baggie for pot if you can avoid it – especially when you have some really sticky-icky ganja!

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:53 pm

i did not know that, thanks for the post so i dont have anymore plastic hash lol

Gorecore
Weedguru Grampy
Weedguru Grampy

Post by Gorecore » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Kief is sooooo good!! So smooth going down but once you exhale...COUGH COUGH CHOKE SPUTTER COUGH...breath...COUGH COUGH...uuuuhhhh .... oh baby.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:18 pm

I had a huge grinder that was full of kief and I lost it in Dallas in a blurry drunk weekend. I had been collecting for a couple months and several ounces of super danks had made their way through that grinder. Probably left it in the hotel room. :( I hope the cleaning lady at least smoked it and didn't toss it. What a waste.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.