Animal's garden...

Bring your travel experiences to a wider audience, share the thrills, spills and kills!

Moderator: Moderators

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Re: Animal's garden...

Post by cutthecashflow » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Dan, the more bees in your garden the better! Bees pollinate many fruits and vegetables and with a large number of bees you are almost guaranteed a higher yield. Actually, half of the beekeeping business is hired out by large outfits that grow almonds, oranges, tomatoes, etc, to pollinate their crops. If it wasn't for bees, the worlds food production would be drastically cut and many people would suffer.

Wasps on the other hand rob the bees of both their honey and pollen and are considered pests by many in the industry. They make special wasp traps and wasp sprays that can take care of them, but make sure you do not kill the bees! If they get too bad you can always wear a sweater, jeans, and a veil (cheap) and you will not get stung. When I work bees around my yard in Texas that is all I wear; I don't wear the full on bee suit unless I'm working in a large yard (80 plus hives).

Anyway I hope it turns out good for you and maybe you should throw some of those auto-flowering seeds somewhere in the garden eh?
Get busy living or get busy dying.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:05 am

both those winged fiends are my enemies...I have found some aquiescence to their presence in recent months, but if its THEM or ME, they have to die...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:23 pm

i got excited because i thought your post was going to be a garden update...

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:47 am

how is it looking now?
woah

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:03 am

I can't wait for the news to report a madman going around poisoning people with a blowgun. I'll be rooting for you!

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri May 20, 2011 11:16 am

the support is appreciated, sugar!...but alas, the foxglove are failing miserably...however...the onions, snowpeas, pansies, blue cornflowers, broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts...ALL seem to be doing rather well. I will take some photos this weekend, and post them below.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/