Advice for vacation

Bring your travel experiences to a wider audience, share the thrills, spills and kills!

Moderator: Moderators

robito
Casual toker
Casual toker

Advice for vacation

Post by robito » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:45 pm

I was wondering, "hypothetically", what in your opinion would be the best way to bring a controlled substance, (i.e. marijuana) on an international flight to a country, like Cuba for example. What would the best methods be? What are the major risks/penalties if caught. Would one have better luck at acquiring a controlled substance (i.e. marijuana) after they reach their destination (i.e. Cuba)?

No0n3
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by No0n3 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:53 pm

According to wiki weed is confirmed illegal in cuba.
You won't be able to take much anyway, so I wouldn't take any with me. If you get caught, you're charged with smuggling, which isn't as easy to get away with as possession. Not to mention you'll either have to pay an insane fine, be banned from the country, or spend some time in prison.
I also found this nice piece of info:
CUBA

The Cuban Parliament has approved a law that introduces the death penalty for possessing, producing and trafficking drugs: LE MONDE, 18 February 1999
source
I don't know how accurate that is though...

As for buying.. you're a tourist in a communist country. Unless you look cuban, chances are undercover cops will be swarming around you, offering drugs.

All in all, I wouldn't risk it.
81.7% chance of me mentioning 'hash cookies' in the above post.

MatteN
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by MatteN » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:58 pm

you aren't allowed to go to Cuba if you are in the USA...not even for vacation, our government is ridiculous

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:58 pm

^WHAT?????
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

robito
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by robito » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:00 pm

MatteN wrote:you aren't allowed to go to Cuba if you are in the USA...not even for vacation, our government is ridiculous
I'm Canadian.

longjohnsilver
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by longjohnsilver » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:51 pm

Flow wrote:^WHAT?????
you are only allowed to go i think for religous reasons or educational purposes. no normal us citizen can go due to the us block on everything cuban

mr_pickle
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by mr_pickle » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:38 pm

haha why are you saying hypothetically.... its a weed forum, nobodys judging

swanee89
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by swanee89 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:50 pm

i almost got to go to play in a baseball tournament a while ago, my friend's dad brought back my dad 2 boxes of romeo and julietas for only $50! those were some good ass cigars
[img]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x106/swanee89/rs_sig2.jpg[/img]
"Bob Dylan impresses me about as much as... well, I was gonna say a slug but I like slugs."
-Captain Beefheart