New Orleans

Bring your travel experiences to a wider audience, share the thrills, spills and kills!

Moderator: Moderators

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

New Orleans

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:38 am

I'm taking a 3 day trip to new orleans. Only reason I'm going is because the flight and hotel are going to be free.

So is anyone here from the area or who visited it? I'm just looking for a stoners opinion. It's not like you can really find any info like that on the net. Any restaraunts or head shops I should visit?
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

Jim777
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Jim777 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:46 am

i need to go there for mardi gras one day
[img]http://myspace-780.vo.llnwd.net/00798/08/75/798905780_l.gif[/img]

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:16 am

yeah im going at the end of the year... i heard that the french quarter etc was almost back to normal
is this true?
woah

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:03 am

from all the attraction sites I've visited it seems that everything up and running as normal.
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

buck333
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by buck333 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:41 am

the french quarter is up and running but honestly..prepare to see alot of completely unfixed destruction..also, there are alot of displaced individuals..alot of the lower socioeconomic group are living in the government provided trailers, outside of destroyed project buildings, just scouring the city looking for some way to get by. A couple I know took their 4 year old daughter but both parents were carrying switchblades, and the dad was carrying a pistol. He had to pull it twice. And about half the buildings he walked in, someone tried to pick-pocket him. Even a mcdonalds. Some people will probably give you a different story, and as long as you stay in the rebuilt part you will be alot better off but, its pretty easy to get into trouble quick.

off the top of my head I would say that alot of the really cool restaurants would be good to hit up baked..good ambience, food, experience would probably be amplified

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:30 pm

What part of the city were they walking around in that was so bad?

I'm staying in the french quarter which is suppose to be a pretty safe neighborhood to walk around in and they have extra cops roaming around to protect tourism. It sounds to me like they might have been venturing into the wrong part of new orleans.

If you could give me the actual names of restaraunts it would be alot more helpful
-Charlie Kelly

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:13 am

I just got back tonight.

All that stuff about it being a dangerous place is bullshit. I walked around at all times of the day and night without any problem. That's not to say that there aren't alot of bad neighborhoods but just use simple logic and you'll be fine. The media has done a really shitty job at showing the state of affairs in post-katrina new orleans.

Great food, good history, lots of beautiful women, absinthe, and a healthy pot culture.
-Charlie Kelly

logically
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by logically » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:32 pm

awesome! I'm glad it was cool man. Tell us a story about your trip?? A picture from New Orleans??? I wanna know more!
ImageA warrior may choose pacifism, all others are condemned to it.Image

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:41 pm

First place I went was the aquarium, they had a 15ft boa living in a tank of water, a white alligator, and I got to pet some stingrays and sharks.

Then we visited the above ground cemeteries and went to the spot where jack nicholson dropped acid in the movie easyrider. Also saw the grave of marie laveau, the famous voodoo priestess. After we left the cemetery we went to a voodoo temple where I met one of the coolest old ladies I've ever come across.

The lady was a voodoo priestess and she was sort of hard to understand. At first I thought she was kind of crazy because she was saying some really weird things but then she would mix in something completely mind blowing in with her ramblings. I wish I could have spent more time talking to her, she's probably knows all the secrets of the universe.
-Charlie Kelly