Uruguay legalizes cannabis

Have any news that needs publishing, or want to comment on a current article? Post here

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Uruguay legalizes cannabis

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:29 am

In a move which will surely spread over time, Uruguay have taken the sensible decision to legalize marijuana.

Registered users over the age of 18 will be allowed to purchase up to 40g per month, and to grow up to 6 plants per person. Cannabis 'clubs' will also be introduced, allowing like minded stoners to gather and partake int heir favourite habit.

The new ruling is set to come into play around April of 2014 and it is hoped that it will help combat the drug cartels who operate along their borders. The national register will afford users cheaper weed and allow the government to maintain information and social supervision of the habit, nationwide. By under cutting the cartels, it is expected that huge numbers will register, thus taking sizable profits away from the illegal producers and suppliers.

Presently, the system will be confined to uruguayan nationals, but we can hope that in the future, they will open their doors to the huge potential for a special form of 'eco tourism'...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Re: Uruguay legalizes cannabis

Post by leprechaun » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:41 am

I seen this as it it was published, I've been wanting to link it here but alas I'm still on phone internet and i cant quite figure it out... Missin my old craptop so much these days.

Its been reported a few places that prices could be as low as $1 a gram. The clubs you mention can grow 99 plants, with a minimum of 15 members.

What i found quite interesting was that the president has hit out at former presidents who are only supporting the bill now, now that they aren't in power.... Pretty much just sayin, well why didn't you have the balls to say it then.

Can't remember if I've got the numbers spot on, but i think it only just made it past the vote... Think it was somethin like 16 out of 29 in favour. But hey, a majority's a majority. Right? Not always.
Four star familiar.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:19 pm

I think the Uruguayan government will have some work cut out for them concerning the cartels and the corruption of their officials through threats and bribery. Uruguay might just find themselves in a position where they become a haven of sorts for these cartels.

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:43 am

$1 / gram, I'd have thought they'd make it more profitable for the growers.

I don't mind paying a bit extra for good weed, and if you keep the farmer happy you stay happy!
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:50 am

sugarstalker wrote:I think the Uruguayan government will have some work cut out for them concerning the cartels and the corruption of their officials through threats and bribery. Uruguay might just find themselves in a position where they become a haven of sorts for these cartels.
Please elaborate, Sugar...Are you suggesting that the approved farms will be annexed by the cartels??? That growers will face less hassle from the police but massively increased hassle from the cartels???

I wonder how much of a cash crop marijuana is to the cartels??? Surely cocaine is their bread and butter when it comes to drugs???
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/