banned from US media...for obvious reasons

Have any news that needs publishing, or want to comment on a current article? Post here

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

banned from US media...for obvious reasons

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:40 am

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... le3267.htm

Worth a peek...unless you are presently enjoying a bout of great joy.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: banned from US media...for obvious reasons

Post by blackxs » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:54 am

Typical, bigoted Anti-American propaganda. When will you see that blindly following any Anti-American propaganda is no better than Germans blindly following Pro-Nazi propaganda.

Yeah, Hitler reference in first post, suck it Godwin.

But seriously, this level of ignorance to the truth and the amount of blind hatred is so disgusting. I have little respect for people who are so easily coerced into believing anything Anti-American. I genuinely cant tell if a lot of Europeans are trolling, or if they really are brainwashed zealots as they seem. I think Europe likes to focus on America's negatives to try to draw attention away from their own faults. There is still a reason people immigrate to the US in hordes, and immigrate out of Europe in massive flocks yearning for real freedom. Seems the smart and open-minded ones got sick of British oppression and moved to America, and a few of the intelligent ones are lagging behind though still choosing to immigrate here. Those that are close-minded and ignorant choose to stay where they are because they believe blindly anything Anti-American they hear. They want to believe it, so they do - whether or not it has any merit. They like being told what to do, how to act, what to think. They are afraid to think for themselves and more afraid to doubt that the ideas and false pretenses they were raised on may in fact not be true, for fear of collapsing their shallow world view.

You can look at our government checking e-mails or doing this or that or whatever bullshit flavor of the month it is in your European propaganda, and scoff saying we dont have true freedoms. But on the level of citizens, we have freedoms. True freedoms. Freedoms that matter - the freedoms to succeed, to do what you want. To live as a free individual and not feel burdened by the government or society to live one way or the other. I find it ridiculous that people sit in a Big Brother country like for example the UK with CCTVs on every corner, monitoring every action of the citizens, and then point to us and say we dont have freedoms. That somehow because an algorithim is checking computers for terrorist talk, that we somehow have less freedoms than other people. That because we have the FREEDOM to choose not to have healthcare, that we are stupid for not having a centralized healthcare system.

Its the same idiotic, braindead people who say America is stupid for our gun laws. Anyone who doesnt like this country, go live somewhere else. I guarantee you that someone who was raised in America (and who hasnt travelled substantially) who ends up living somewhere else, even if you choose not to return for one reason or another, you will at least understand why America has long been the safe haven for free thinkers and idealists.

I could go on and on, and fucking on. I have had this discussion hundreds of times by now. I know the train of thought of these bigoted ignorant and arrogant Europeans like I know the veins in my own dick.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:57 am

Europeans, Americans, it's pretty much the same shit. And the whole "anyone who doesn't like is go somewehere else" argument is silly. It's about improving your country isn't it, making things better, changing the things you think are wrong. Anti-american bias and propaganda is not a good thing, but neither is blindless pro-american, or anti-European (which is pretty silly, considering that Europe isn't one entity)

"To live as a free individual and not feel burdened by the government or society to live one way or the other." This right here. That's what is addressed, because some people do feel burdened, and just because you don't agree does not make them wrong.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:36 pm

sugarstalker wrote:Europeans, Americans, it's pretty much the same shit. And the whole "anyone who doesn't like is go somewehere else" argument is silly. It's about improving your country isn't it, making things better, changing the things you think are wrong. Anti-american bias and propaganda is not a good thing, but neither is blindless pro-american, or anti-European (which is pretty silly, considering that Europe isn't one entity)

"To live as a free individual and not feel burdened by the government or society to live one way or the other." This right here. That's what is addressed, because some people do feel burdened, and just because you don't agree does not make them wrong.
Wickedly put, sugar.

I found myself defending the US last night, during the sit down, feasting and drum/singsong festivities at a Berber nomad camp near merzouga...
Present were puerto ricans, a Uruguayan, spaniards, Dutch and plenty of Tuareg moroccans. Jokes were made of my accent and the English in general, also my Australian lady received a fair playful crack of the jest whip...and we gave as good as we got, of course.

Suddenly the conversation turned to a dislike, even hatred, of Americans which is common wherever i travel. The flloodgates opened, every soul present joined in and expressed solidarity in the heavy anti-US stance. For a change, I held my tongue alongside my own counsel, content to spectate and absorb. I agreed with much of what was said, but have no interest in failing to make a clear divide between 'my opinions formed from my own experiences' and condemning a people en masse.

IN my experience there are good and bad people everywhere. Some cultures tend to produce more folk I enjoy and less folk I enjoy. I do feel that the most powerful government, as in the corporate industrial-military complex which runs the US, has produced one of the most ignorant societies of the apparently civilized western world. And done so intentionally. As with the mayans, priests don't want critically thinking, socially aware slaves...however, it's not just a mistake to condemn the US as simply as this, it's also hypocritical for many.

When I spoke, I asserted that whatever the arrogance and stupidity levels and reasons for it, the US has given most of us some of the greatest artists, musicians and writers mainly, the world has ever seen. The Berbers here love Jimmie Hendrix, the Dutch like hippetyhop etc. And I asked of the anti-imperialist Latin Americans, what they thought of the Spanish, who gave them language and a different culture, but who also stole the land and savaged many indigenous peoples...I spoke of the British empire, the Romans, the ottoman empire, the steady financial imperialism of china. Signs of the times, nothing particularly new or outrageous.

The conversation died on the vine...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/