NEWTON, CONNECTICUT SHOOTING

Have any news that needs publishing, or want to comment on a current article? Post here

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

NEWTON, CONNECTICUT SHOOTING

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:37 pm

So, what is your take on the horrific elementary school shooting at Sandy Hook school in Connecticut? What are your thought, reactions, emotions regarding this sad worldwide headline?

Personally, I must say that i've been seriously affected and emotionally disturbed by this tragedy. Never before has there been a news event that got to me like this one. I've shed many a tear watching the unfolding, and aftermath of this terribly tragic event.

I have kids. It's the unthinkable that has happened, the unbelievable, the impossible. Elementary kids for god's sake. Little tiny innocent children. I'm still in a state of shock, unable to fully deal with my thoughts and emotions. This tragedy has hit home ...and really hard, unlike any other event to date.

As a father, the realisation that our innocent children..our babies... are not even safe in what we all thought was the safest and most nuturing environment possible, is absolutely heartbreaking and terribly gut-wrenching. I lack the words to describe the true inner feelings that have surfaced since last Friday. Utter disbelief, and total lack of ability to understand how and why such a thing could happen. On second thought, there's nothing to understand really I suppose. No explanation, no reasoning, no anything can possibly explain this one. There is no justification possible, no response, no logic that will ever come close to answering the question the world is asking..."why"?

No matter what details are unveiled about the life of Adam Lanza will even come close to giving the world a reasonable explanation. There is no explanation, no logical excuse for this unthinkable occurance. The only realisation that can be made is that mankind has the potential of becoming pure monsters. Our world as we know it will never again be the same. We thought 9-11 changed the perceptions of the worlds...it's nothing compared to this. This tops it all.

My heart goes out to the families who's lives have been forever changed.

DoctorDoobie
Casual toker
Casual toker

Re: NEWTON, CONNECTICUT SHOOTING

Post by DoctorDoobie » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:42 am

I'm afraid I'm pretty much desensitized, for me so it' s just another item on a long list of terrible things. The fact that it was school children doesn't even affect me that much... thousands of children die a terrible death every day without hardly anyone ever noticing, so I can't bring myself to pay special attention to the ones that make the news...

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Mortal world...but still we need love.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:07 am

DoctorDoobie wrote:I'm afraid I'm pretty much desensitized, for me so it' s just another item on a long list of terrible things. The fact that it was school children doesn't even affect me that much... thousands of children die a terrible death every day without hardly anyone ever noticing, so I can't bring myself to pay special attention to the ones that make the news...
Cynical to some, but honest and logical, mr Doobie.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/