The Midas race with the defecating touch...

Book reviews, creative writing, essays...

Moderator: Moderators

Grrrl

The Midas race with the defecating touch...

Post by Grrrl » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:00 pm

Is it foolish to believe man can ever overcome his inherent desire to repeatedly tread a cyclic path of destruction during his occupation of this planet? Why do we seek to explore new planets? So we can bring them to the same twisted merciless fate as the one we sap life from now!? But that's what parasites do is it not? Suck the host dry and dispel them once a better meal is on offer?

How is it that I suffer the burden of caring, when so many can remain in a state of blissful nonchalance? The blood that stains my hands stains yours too, your silence and lack of empathy is the knife that marked the wound. That's makes you an accomplice to murder, no better than those who wield the knife themselves. Is there anything left of humanity worth saving? From innocence you spawn corruption, from freedom you spawn submission, from justice you spawn disparity , from hope you spawn abandon, from love you spawn hatred.
Me importa un pimiento...

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: The Midas race with the defecating touch...

Post by Ikku » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:02 pm

I think if humanity can pay attention to science it will push us toward a more balanced state.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

zERo~Chronic
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by zERo~Chronic » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:10 am

maybe we ARE parasites...

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:08 pm

don't feel bad for the planet earth, or any other planets we in the future might decide to inhabit. it has no feelings, and holds no grudges. the only thing we're doing is destroying this planet's ability to sustain us. we are destroying nothing but ourselves. There's a picture on the interwebs somewhere that I wanted to post, but I couldn't be arsed to find it, so you'll have to make do with this one.

Grrrl

Post by Grrrl » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks Sugar, I dont feel bad for planet earth, I feel angry for it. But by planet earth I guess I mean more so the torrent of life that inhabits the planet rather than actual physical planet itself.
I just think the cruelest thing you can instill in someone is unrequited hope, because hope defies logic, and logic in this scenario dictates to me that trying to improve the world for all who reside in it is a futile mission. But the nature of hope in itself brings about disappointment, its is something you can never fully erase once the idea has been planted in your mind. I know that I cant save the world, I know I'm a grain of sand on the beach and the likelihood of any of my actions having any positive influence on the world being next to non-existent, and I know the human race dont deserve to have another chance, but that bastard hope just wont allow me to give up despite knowing all this and it sends my heart and mind into an ever eternal conflict.
I may have adapted to this world and the issues surrounding it, but that doesnt mean I have to give it my seal of approval and not voice my criticisms or take the actions I can to stand against it.
Me importa un pimiento...

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:57 am

Well I mean if you want to be that way then all hope is evil. Because in the end everything will die and fizzle out, even the universe itself. It's all temporary, there's no hope in the end. I don't think hope is cruel at all, I think hope is a good thing, even if only for its own sake. I have hope in my own life right now even though I may already be fucked and it may already be hopeless, but the hope I do have is comforting and also gives me something to strive for. Without it I would just give up. I think it's better to struggle against impossible odds than just give up hope and die.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.