Lonely Man

Book reviews, creative writing, essays...

Moderator: Moderators

Regarded
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Lonely Man

Post by Regarded » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Do not waste your tears on me; for I am a lonely man.
Do not think of me as a hero, for I am a villain.
Do not feed me, because starvation is my savior.
Do not love me, for I can not love back.
And if you'd ever want to get to know me, read this letter, for I am no more.

He woke up in a slight panic, pondered on the meaning of the words that just popped in his head, and sighed.
"Am I wishing for death again?" he asked himself loudly, As though he was talking to a crowd.
He wore his black leather jacket and stepped over to his desk,
On the desk lied a brown leather covered diary, it was full of dust that never comes down, the type of dust that you can clean forever but will still stain the object. The diary called him, or so he thought.
He opened the diary and began to write down the words that sprung in his head.
"This is it" he said slowly, "the day I've been waiting for, the sign…" he convinced himself of another horrible truth, like so many other times, so many other places, where he killed the beloved friends he never had.
He got out of his apartment, the walls were dark and the wallpaper thin ripped and painted with dry blood.
The wind was howling, and with it the black dust of morning time in the apocalypse hovered.
Many times was he sure that he heard voices, but he got used to the screams the wind makes through the iron and steel buildings,
Or was he just going crazy, he wasn't sure.
He stepped out of the building, going up to the very last floor and securing himself with the metal bar to maintain the 'no jump policy' as he referred to it.
He didn't wear his mask this time; it was a special occasion, an event of celebration, or so he believed.
An old poem he once read sprang to his mind:

From my blood you drink,
It is my essence you seek,
Your mind is filled with lies,
Come on, and please, take a dive.

He looked down, seventy-two floors from the ground, and shivered from the cold breeze.
Just before the decision was made, he looked into the horizon and searched for a gleam, a movement, something to tell him not to do it.
But there was nothing.
He inhaled a healthy dose of the toxic air, and let his body fall, facing the sky, he saw the tiny gleam of a sun ray through the endlessly grey clouds.
"Another one jumped" said a cold, shrill, yet heavy voice, and closed his eyes with despair.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Re: Lonely Man

Post by cutthecashflow » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Very nice Regarded! Is that your original work? If so quite impressive, keep them coming as I enjoy reading in this section of the forums.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Regarded
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by Regarded » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks man! :) Yes this is an original.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:18 am

Good work, mate...It had me hooked in, wanton to know more of Why and Who, he was...

Regarded
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by Regarded » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:23 am

thank you very much! I know it's a confusing story, but that's the point haha, to not expose alot. I wanted it to feel like a begining of a story.