??? about G13

Discuss marijuana strains, seeds, seedbanks, and breeding

Moderator: Moderators

chemdawg
Why Hello There !

??? about G13

Post by chemdawg » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:14 pm

what's the big deal about the double D cut of G13?

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: ??? about G13

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:12 pm

chemdawg wrote:what's the big deal about the double D cut of G13?
Welcome to Weedguru chemdawg!

To answer your question its a cross of DD and g13, only comes in a cut. (atleast thats what a google search says) I'll get back to you in a bit with more info

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Just an F1 cross, probably not very special

G13
White Widow
Master Kush

Its all good, but at the end of the day, its all just names. If your new to growing look into getting some seeds to start your growing journey, or if the cutting is comparably priced ($5 per clone usually) then you could try to grow that too but keep in mind those strains are harder to grow
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:58 pm

Here's a piece about the story behind G13 cuttings
History Of G-13 Marijuana Seeds

Government grass or a pure marijuana myth? G-13 marijuana seeds probably have the biggest myth of all strains. These cannabis seeds are rumored to have been developed by the US government. Serious! Allegedly the 'G' stands for government with '13' a reference to the letter 'M.'

There's some evidence G-13 is an American government weed strain. Possibly developed in Mississippi by government growers. Who were seeking to create a potent truth serum or a cannabis strain that would somehow stupefy their enemies.

G-13 appeared on the stoner scene during the late '60s and '70s. Competing with other fab marijuana types Acapulco Gold, Thai Stick and Northern Lights. Unlike those strains, few people knew where G-13 came from. And very little credible information is available.

Thus great marijuana myths were created around it.
Even the type of cannabis G-13 is, is up for debate. Some stoners have said it's an uplifting soaring sativa stone. While other potheads have argued G-13 is a dank couch lock indica. That's right, people can't even agree on the marijuana high G-13 produced.

Headquarters SeedBank Amsterdam later known as CIA (Cannabis In Amsterdam) released their own version of G-13 in the late '80s. Their catalog states, "G-13 is an outstanding pure Indica cutting reputedly discovered by the government research program in Mississippi. Widely grown as a commercial indoor plant in the US, G-13 has proven to be one of the best breeding plants in our collection."

However, they also list the strain as pure sativa that they manipulated with an indica! The seed bank listed G-13 x Hashplant and another G-13 x Northern Lights #2. Claiming they bred the pure G-13 sativa with their indicas. Some breeders have been backcrossing G-13 marijuana seeds with Haze in an effort to bring out it's legendary uplifting sativa high.

There are several reasons for G-13 genetic confusion. Firstly is marijuana dealers label their weed whatever was trending at the moment. There was no standards to hold them too when it came to labeling cannabis. Dealers continue with the practice of mislabeling weed. Especially with the popularity of Kush marijuana strains.

Another possibility for the difference is the government developed several versions of G-13. A fast flowering indica variety and long flowering low yielding sativa. Experimenting and intermingling them to develop the strain.

If G-13 cannabis seeds were created by government scientists how did it appear on the streets? Well, legend has it a stoner or a scientist stoner stole G-13 cuttings and distributed to friends. A far fetched this is all a lie tale or does it have some truth.

The G-13 strain was featured in the film American Beauty. In the film, a young dealer, Ricky Fitts (Wes Bentley) hands a bag of what looks to be about an eighth (1/8 of an ounce, commonly 3.5 grams) to Lester Burnham (Kevin Spacey) and says, "This shit is top of the line. It's called G-13. It's genetically engineered by the U.S. Government. It's extremely potent, but a completely mellow high. No paranoia." This line is likely responsible for a boost in the strain's popularity.

Plenty of many marijuana seed banks offer their own version of G-13. Cashing in on its cannabis culture popularity. Blending and back crossing with Haze. Hoping to develop a stellar sativa of their own. G-13 requires a bit of experience to grow.
And I think I just figured out that you are not talking about the strain Double D (Danky Doodle) from KC Brains , but you are talking about the guy over at ThC Farmer by the name of doubleds who is apparently growing the true G13 cuttings

http://www.thcfarmer.com/forums/f54/dou ... ower-1835/

Could that be?

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:12 pm

"Thus great marijuana myths were created around it.
Even the type of cannabis G-13 is, is up for debate. Some stoners have said it's an uplifting soaring sativa stone. While other potheads have argued G-13 is a dank couch lock indica. That's right, people can't even agree on the marijuana high G-13 produced."

This is because of this

"There are several reasons for G-13 genetic confusion. Firstly is marijuana dealers label their weed whatever was trending at the moment. There was no standards to hold them too when it came to labeling cannabis. Dealers continue with the practice of mislabeling weed. Especially with the popularity of Kush marijuana strains."

I doubt G13 is what its claimed to be and if so, I doubt its any better than the "top tier" strains I listed in my prior post. Fact of the matter is, until very recently there was little to no way to correctly verify a strain. Any dealer could have said heres some G13. Now thanks to medical clubs we can actually identify our strains, but in the 30 years since G13 has been around I doubt it has stuck true to its original genetics (if it ever really existed).
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma