Whats ur favorite kind of marjuiana?

Discuss marijuana strains, seeds, seedbanks, and breeding

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:34 am

Sm0kyMcPot wrote:softcore...haven't heard that term/expression in years, well atleast since my sister was around....she is emo :oops: but she likes the ganja so its all good 8)
haha, that was funny
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

Ethelmertzlives!
Why Hello There !

Re: Whats ur favorite kind of marjuiana?

Post by Ethelmertzlives! » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Perhaps this is a good place to ask: Virgin farmer looking for good old fashioned "Laughing Grass" strain - must have been a sativa, the high was hilarious, you could do whatever, it was just all so funny! Really a feel good smoke. Any of you have a current strain that could fill the bill? It's been years since I've found anything even close, so want to grow my own (or as close to it as I can get). Would love some ideas, wisdom, etc. It just has to grow indoors, small scale, good with tomatoes, but never tried weed. Thanks. ethel

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:51 am

Welcome to the boards Ethel!

I sense from your question that you have been around awhile hehe...Tis all good

Over the years I have been growing weed and researching I have never heard of this "laughing grass" strain.
I hate not knowing things so I googled it...

As far as I can tell it's not a specific strain (or strain nickname)but rather a general slang term meaning any strain that gives you a giggly high...

You are right about it being a mostly sativa strain...sativa gives a cerebral high much different that indica. I'm 100% sure about that.....From my brief research and what knowledge I have already acquired over the years I think it's fair to say that it's impossible to pinpoint to 'best' sativa based laughing strain. It depends on the smoker...strains have different effects on different people depending on personality, tolerance etc... There's no concrete scientifically proven info that proves one strain is more laughy than another.... What is more conclusive is that it's definately a sativa prominent strain..like in the range of atleast 70% sativa...

I did get alot of searches coming up as Blueberry or Haze strain being 'laughing strains' though...

and also this strain

http://www.cannabis-seeds.co.uk/product ... uddha.html

Think sativa dominant, high potency.....your best chance lies there (haze does fall into that categoty)

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:01 am

In this other thread, Sprize also pretty much hit the nail on the head..
SpRi7e wrote:blueberry, sour diesel, kali mist, green crack, super silver haze

all very strong, smells very strong (all unique flavors), they're mostly sativa dominant which produces the head high, but has some indica for a trippy/head high that produces the best laughs imo

the thing with growing indoor weed that is sativa dominant is that it will take a good couple weeks/possibly months longer to grow than the average indica strain

Ethelmertzlives!
Why Hello There !

Post by Ethelmertzlives! » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Thanks, y'all! (Yeah, Ethel lives in the Bible Belt.) Have been taking a poll, and the strains you suggest have come up before, several times. I had found the Laughing Buddha in several seed banks, sounds like it might do the trick - but has anyone actually tried it? Understand stuff hits everyone a little differently, but as seeds and agriculture + time make mistakes "costly" thought, perhaps, more experienced heads might prevail.

Love how everyone comes to help - any other ideas, "votes," etc., greatly appreciated, as are Weedguru's, SpRi7e's and others who've made suggestions. Any idea which would be easiest for a virgin farmer to grow indoors? Have small space, but will be maximizing it as is possible. As I'll be doing a few other things (shorties), I can allow my laughing special a bit more time to develop, as needed.

Thanks always! Ethel

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Other strains I have come up with are Greenhouses' Arjan's Haze #3 , Acapulco Gold, Kali Mist...

Basically any mostly sativa strain (80% sativa +)will do the trick though...

Sativas are known to be harder to grow than indicas...Northern Lights (indica)is the most well known easy to grow strain . Of course I know that's not what you are looking for so..

Blueberry , Haze strains and Kali Mist have a rep for being a hard ones to grow..definately to be avoided by a beginner grower.

The other ones I can't really say..haven't found any specific info about the difficulty level of growing

Sativa strains aren't ideal for small growing spaces...they grow taller and more stretched out. You would definately need to apply a training technique to keep it low. What size grow area are you working with and what light setup?

Ideal strains for small growing areas are mostly indica strains...something short and stalky with dense buds. Sativas have longer fluffier buds.

Sativas also have a very long flowering period...Laughing Buddha from Barney's Farm Seeds is 75-90 days flowering

Edit:

You might want to consider Durban Poison...it's a 100% sativa and finishes in only 8-9 weeks and is considered easy to grow

http://www.77seeds.com/durbanpoison.php

andriaSRH
s†☼nër bi†ch
s†☼nër bi†ch

Post by andriaSRH » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:07 pm

The kind that gets me high.

JokersAce
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by JokersAce » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:45 am

andriaSRH wrote:The kind that gets me high.
Damn you Andria, I totally clicked on this topic prepared to type this until you beat me.
When the going gets weird, the werid turn pro.
HOW CAN SO MANY YEARS COME TO PASS WITHOUT ANYONE TELLING ME I SPELLED WEIRD WRONG?