Quiz

Are you a returning member? Get to know the Community here...

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:44 am

Weedguru Higher wrote:
cutthecashflow wrote:This is too hard....

is the first one boxing?
1 down!! 11 to go!!
That's wrong, as boxing is based on a points scheme unless someone gets a knockout, and the points are displayed after every round.

Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:54 pm

You sure? When I watch it on TV the points are never displayed until the end of the match when the judges are totaling up there points?
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:25 pm

^ Same here

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:43 pm

Jup, never seen any sort of scoreboard or score indicator near or in or above the ring
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:12 pm

Ah well, must either be an English thing or it may just be my imagination, but i'm sure Sky Sports always indicate the amount of points gained after every round.

Also, after each round, as the contestants go to their corner, their crew always tell them how the round has gone, who did better in the round, what they need to do to win etc.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

Midnight Toker
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Midnight Toker » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:35 am

A_Fire_Inside wrote:Ah well, must either be an English thing or it may just be my imagination, but i'm sure Sky Sports always indicate the amount of points gained after every round.

Also, after each round, as the contestants go to their corner, their crew always tell them how the round has gone, who did better in the round, what they need to do to win etc.
Yeah, sky sports will always do an estimate at the end of each round. It's not the judges score, but someone scores the rounds to give you an indication of who's winning.
[img]http://img155.exs.cx/img155/7595/tillijk2ss.png[/img]

''I spent alot of money on booze, birds
and fast cars. The rest i just squandered.'' - George Best

DW

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:45 am

DWELL.

blazed4dayz
Casual toker
Casual toker

Re: Quiz

Post by blazed4dayz » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:56 pm

Higher wrote:The first person who suceeds in answering all questions correctly will receive 1500 seeds.

(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it? Ballroom Dancing?

(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables? Corn, Wheat

(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball? Baseball

(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside? Strawberries

(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle? They germinate the pear sead in the bottle and let it grow.

(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them. Dwain (I dunno if names count), Dwindle

8. There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them? Comma, Semi Colon, Period, Question Mark, Aposterphe, Quoteation Marks, Exclmation Mark

(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?" ???

(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six. Hit By Pitch, Stealing First, Base on Error, Bunt On Error, Fly ball and reach on error, Double Play reach on error.

(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it? Lettuce

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."
Socks, Sandles, Skin (ha), Slippers, Sacks-of-potatoes, Sacks-of-rice

blazed4dayz
Casual toker
Casual toker

Re: Quiz

Post by blazed4dayz » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:56 pm

Higher wrote:The first person who suceeds in answering all questions correctly will receive 1500 seeds.

(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it? Ballroom Dancing?

(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables? Corn, Wheat

(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball? Baseball

(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside? Strawberries

(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle? They germinate the pear sead in the bottle and let it grow.

(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them. Dwain (I dunno if names count), Dwindle

8. There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them? Comma, Semi Colon, Period, Question Mark, Aposterphe, Quoteation Marks, Exclmation Mark

(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?" ???

(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six. Hit By Pitch, Stealing First, Base on Error, Bunt On Error, Fly ball and reach on error, Double Play reach on error.

(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it? Lettuce

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."
Socks, Sandles, Skin (ha), Slippers, Sacks-of-potatoes, Sacks-of-rice.

Some are a little Bullshitted but work (kinda) and i missed the one up ther with the question marks.