Quiz

Are you a returning member? Get to know the Community here...

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Quiz

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:22 am

The first person who suceeds in answering all questions correctly will receive 1500 seeds.

(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?

(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?

(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them.

8. There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?

(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"

(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six.

(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:39 pm

This is too hard....

is the first one boxing?
Get busy living or get busy dying.

FIRE!!!
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: Quiz

Post by FIRE!!! » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:00 pm

Since I know I aint gonna get em all right, I decided to just have fun with it
Weedguru Higher wrote:The first person who suceeds in answering all questions correctly will receive 1500 seeds.

(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?American Idol

(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?North America, which is shifting on its tectonic plate at a rate of 3 cm per year or whatever it is.

(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?Pot, and mexicans

(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?Dominatrix

(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside?Actually used to know this one but can't remember, will edit this post if I do

(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?It went on a diet until it was thin enough to fit in then got fat again from drinking all that pear brandy

(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them. Dwarf, dwindle, and of course, the acronym DW, which stands for either dead weight, or distilled water.

8. There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?, . ? ! & ' "

(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"Sri Lanka

(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six. I can name one, the greatest pick up line on earth:
"Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?Gatorade

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."Shoe, sock, shirt, sack, sleeve, Silly string
There, I tried
[img]http://music.clevver.com/MusicPics/4859.jpg[/img]

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:00 pm

cutthecashflow wrote:This is too hard....

is the first one boxing?
1 down!! 11 to go!!

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:04 pm

CelticOne wrote:
(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them. Dwarf, dwindle, .

8. There are fourteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name half of them?, . ? ! & ' "

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."Shoe, sock,
Those are correct.

And the rest were funny!!

racketgirlx
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by racketgirlx » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:46 am

OK, I'm bored so I thought that I would earn myself some seeds. For the ones that haven't been answered:

(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

Niagara Falls

(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?

Rhubarb and Asparagus

(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?

Baseball

(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

A Strawberry

(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?

They Grow the pear in the bottle by sticking the bottle upside down on the branches.

(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"

They are from Minnesota (Land of 10,000 lakes) and kept the name when they moved to LA.

(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six.

Batter hit by a pitch, passed ball, catcher interference, catcher drops third strike, fielder's choice, and being designated as a pinch runner.

(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?

Lettuce

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."

Shoes, Socks, Sandals, Sneakers, Skis, Stockings, and Slippers.

canadianbud
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by canadianbud » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:41 pm

in number 10, a balk should be in there
[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1552/img0969am8.jpg[/img]
"My memories will always be lots of beauty and warmth from grass. Well, that was my life and I don't feel ashamed at all. Mary Jane, honey, you sure was good ..." ~ Louis Armstrong

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:53 pm

Racketgirlx you just won yourself 1500 seeds!! Congratulations!!

crazylazyidiot
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by crazylazyidiot » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:04 pm

CelticOne wrote:Since I know I aint gonna get em all right, I decided to just have fun with it
Weedguru Higher wrote:The first person who suceeds in answering all questions correctly will receive 1500 seeds.

(1) There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends. What is it?American Idol

(2) What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?North America, which is shifting on its tectonic plate at a rate of 3 cm per year or whatever it is.

(3) Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial vegetables?Pot, and mexicans

(4) Name the only sport in which the ball is always in possession of the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching the ball?Dominatrix

(5) What fruit has its seeds on the outside?Actually used to know this one but can't remember, will edit this post if I do

(6) In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear get inside the bottle?It went on a diet until it was thin enough to fit in then got fat again from drinking all that pear brandy

(7) Only three words in standard English begin with the letters "dw." They are all common. Name two of them. Dwarf, dwindle, and of course, the acronym DW, which stands for either dead weight, or distilled water.

(9) Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers?"Sri Lanka

(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six. I can name one, the greatest pick up line on earth:
"Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

(11) It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?Gatorade

(12) Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin with the letter "S."Shoe, sock, shirt, sack, sleeve, Silly string
There, I tried

hey look i got it right..... :P
roses r red/
grass is green/
lite it up/
but dont be seen!

or the pigs will get you!

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:50 pm

I'm not a crazylazyidiot

Good try though buddy :)

Kwyn
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by Kwyn » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:38 am

lol at american idol :o :lol:
wdattT

Marionette
Casual toker
Casual toker
Location: the 1st level of hell- Limbo- where the virtuous non-believers go

Post by Marionette » Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:54 pm

i thought the first one was arm wrestling
Your resident green angel, at your service.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:00 am

Nope the score in arm wrestling is known by everyone

Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Shwoot » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:28 pm

I would of said poker.
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]

reefernewb
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by reefernewb » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:08 am

racketgirlx wrote:(10) There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls-a walk-is one way. Name the other six.

Batter hit by a pitch, passed ball, catcher interference, catcher drops third strike, fielder's choice, and being designated as a pinch runner.
Last time I checked you don't get to go to first base on a passed ball.
canadianbud wrote:in number 10, a balk should be in there
On a balk, baserunners advance, but not the batter.
[img]http://show.imagehosting.us/show/556230/0/nouser_556/T0_-1_556230.jpg[/img] [img]http://show.imagehosting.us/show/561704/0/nouser_561/T0_-1_561704.png[/img]