Mate, I need your help

Technical / Computer related discussion board.

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Mate, I need your help

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:18 am

Mate , (cause I seen the photography threads from him ) Or anyone else with digi cam knowledge...

My daughter has a Samsung D760 camera that has a zoom of 6.3 - 18.9mm (what it says on the camera)

This is the cam I use now since my own even older crappy thing is dead.

What I want to know is how come I cannot seem to zoom nice pictures with this?

Is it because the camera is not capable, or I just suck with this?

I try to take closeup shots, using macro function, (the is this I think?) and mainly they come out blurry...

Help!

Mate
Chess Expert

Re: Mate, I need your help

Post by Mate » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:39 pm

What it does when you zoom ?
Maybe your settings are fucked, maybe your lens is fucked, maybe YOU'RE FUCKED WHILE TRYING TO TAKE PICSS ????

Macros and zoom are not the same thing
Macro are meant to emphasize on something bluring out some colors/aspects of the pictures.

they are used to picture objects,
you can set your maccros yourself if you know how it works.
Most cams does automatic macros when you get the oject neat in the objective.

When you do close-up shot - you need to let the cam do it job, you usually use a tripod to do sick macros.
"In Life, everyone starts out as a pawn, Every journey begins with a single move. . It's the decisions we make along the way that shapes our endgame."

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:11 pm

man ive got the same damn problem as higher, no matter what thingy i put the camera on ive only been able to get one nice pic which really disappoints me cause so much of this stuff needs to have a pic taken..

im talking about taking pics of weed btw. i always get these shitty pics where you can tell that its a bud but its too blurry to really appreciate.

oh and reminder to self: take pic of the bowl while its burning, that would be damn artistic imo.

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by jcube69 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:34 am

this is probably common knowledge but mabye not...most digital cameras now days have pressure sensitive buttons where as on your lcd screen of the picture your taking will be some form of center box..be it a rectangle two bracets etc...

anways instead of just clicking hard to take the snapshot of w/e your taking a pic of barly put pressure on the button kind of like a half click most cameras are set so they will automaticly adjust the focus and zoom to get the best picture even if your close...usuly that bracet i mention above will turn like some form of color and then go green and then take the shot

if you didnt know this you can try two things...first zoom in as close as u want (never do max zoom its always shit if its not some mega complicated pro camera that has more buttons that you want to think about) then half press itl do its thing then flash

or just move the camera as close as possible (preferably at least a few inches away) and it "should" figure out the best setting

and yes tripods help alot expect to take like 5 pics if u want a perfect pic by hand...and hold your breath when u take the shot....
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Image

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:43 am

jcube69 wrote:this is probably common knowledge but mabye not...most digital cameras now days have pressure sensitive buttons where as on your lcd screen of the picture your taking will be some form of center box..be it a rectangle two bracets etc...

anways instead of just clicking hard to take the snapshot of w/e your taking a pic of barly put pressure on the button kind of like a half click most cameras are set so they will automaticly adjust the focus and zoom to get the best picture even if your close...usuly that bracet i mention above will turn like some form of color and then go green and then take the shot
Ya, I just discovered this the other day by accident

My camera has a rectangle, and sometimes it is green and sometimes it is red. I assume green means it's focused and red is not? I have a hard time getting it not to be red sometimes...there's also like a little hand symbol with lines

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by jcube69 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:17 am

Weedguru Higher wrote:
jcube69 wrote:this is probably common knowledge but mabye not...most digital cameras now days have pressure sensitive buttons where as on your lcd screen of the picture your taking will be some form of center box..be it a rectangle two bracets etc...

Ya, I just discovered this the other day by accident

My camera has a rectangle, and sometimes it is green and sometimes it is red. I assume green means it's focused and red is not? I have a hard time getting it not to be red sometimes...there's also like a little hand symbol with lines
yes green is good hand symbol with lines...without a picture i am at a loss but try the auto focus (might want to reset camera defaults if u messed with them) zoom in a bit hold your breath!!! i stress this if you dont use a tripod..it helps dramatically then partially press it and wait for the picture

u might want to try a quick snap shot option ....should show like 3 picture like icons in the conrer when u turn it on what this does is take 3 or more pictures in rapid sucsession great for action shots and might help you get one thats at least in focus

idr what its called but if u messed around with it long enough im sure you could find it (unless it doesnt have it but if its a "new" (like 2006+) digi cam it should)
Don't argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Image

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:38 am

using a flat surface to hold the cam on a timer is also a pretty good technique.
"In Life, everyone starts out as a pawn, Every journey begins with a single move. . It's the decisions we make along the way that shapes our endgame."

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:12 pm

jcube69 wrote:
u might want to try a quick snap shot option ....should show like 3 picture like icons in the conrer when u turn it on what this does is take 3 or more pictures in rapid sucsession great for action shots and might help you get one thats at least in focus
Wow really? I hope my camera has that function cause it really annoys me sometimes that I can't do that. I'll have to mess with it like you say

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:28 pm

A camera is like a rubic cube.
If you don't play with it yourself - you'll never figure it out.

jcube69
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by jcube69 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:19 pm

Mate wrote:A camera is like a rubic cube.
If you don't play with it yourself - you'll never figure it out.
a camera also has a solution to the puzzle at anytime..called the manual >.> although they can be more confusing than that camera itself >.> and thick...yea screwing around sounds like a better option..

Mate
Chess Expert

Post by Mate » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:28 pm

in my opinion - tutorials are good once you already have a good personal knowledge of your camera, otherwise - indeed they will be complicated.
if you learn yourself the basics first - you will understand what the tutorials are all about.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:29 am

it might also be that most camera companies try to trick the average user with how they sell their cameras
for example... a 12x zoom.... your like shit this sounds great...
if you read closer it probably reads something like 3xoptical zoom 4xdigital zoom.... 4x3=12
optical zoom and digital zoom are like chalk and cheese...
optical zoom is what a proper slr camera uses... it doesnt blur things as it zooms and refocuses (other than what is outside of the depth of field).... it is essentially mirrors...
digital zoom on your camera is worse than a zoom on your computer in photoshop...the blur is because its trying to enhance the pixels through the small computer in the camera...

just throwing it out there....

but remember always buy a compact camera with a good optical zoom
woah

Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:07 pm

Weedguru Higher wrote:there's also like a little hand symbol with lines
That means that it is moving around too much. you need to steady it... it usually does this while on a longer exposure setting in Manual mode, or in low light conditions while in Auto mode. I will assume you have it on auto mode, make sure flash is off, (left button on the 4-way button thingy with the button in the middle, it's the left one on mine), and put a bright light on you're subject. On mine i usually have to have the camera about 3-6 inches away and zoomed out all the way for a good macro shot... Mess around with the distance until you can get it focused good, by using that half-press method.

I have a camera model very similar to this (samsung something...) and I know everything about it, so any questions you have about it just ask me. you can even PM me if you like... i'll likely respond faster that way...

:lol: You're a guru at growing but a total noob at technology! :rofl: you're awesome man. :D