need new ISP...

Technical / Computer related discussion board.

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

need new ISP...

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:30 am

I need to organize a new deal for my house here in cremorne, Melbourne. for the last year the house has used an optus naked dsl package, $60 for 30GB. But that deal is now coming to an end. I have spoken with a fair few providers and though netspace seemed the best deal, they told me they couldn't cover my area, which is strange given the fact that I live within 4km of the epicentre of Melbourne...

Now...I am eager for advice and suggestions for services I can head towards, for presently, I see iinet as the best option, with a hefty, horrible $150 set up fee and thereafter a $70 per month for 60gb package.

I should add...that I will have the modem and wireless router from the optus package to play with, if possible to combine this with a new deal.

Other information...I am prepared to pay for a $30 line rental per month is the overall cost will be less than the 150 setup fee then 70 per month for 60gb naked dsl package...

ALL help is greatly appreciated.
cheers,
D

WeedGuru_Flow
Red Eye Jedi

Re: need new ISP...

Post by WeedGuru_Flow » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:55 am

I have absolutely no knowledge of ISP's outside of Belgium, but i'd figure getting an unlimited package must be doable right ? Since this will be a line used by what, four different people?
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we would all be running around darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:31 pm

I was with Optus and they were by far the best i have experienced.
Telstra is very poor with a lot of drop outs and uploads count as downloads.
IInet i believe have very very strict monitoring procedures... however i dont think they can prosecute.
TPG is who i am with now... It is ok... However i did have an email forwarded to me from LionsGate films
regarding movie downloading.
There are a few others... DODO.. AAPT among others....
I would stick to Optus if possible... Or look at TPG
woah

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:20 pm

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:14 am