iPhone help!

Technical / Computer related discussion board.

Moderator: Moderators

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

iPhone help!

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:21 pm

So recently I found an iPhone. Currently I live in Canada but in a few hours I'll be heading to Los Angeles for at the very least a semi permanent move. So some questions that come to mind.

1) Because the phone I found is currently under a Canadian provider does anyone know how to unlock it? Preferably for free.

2) Is it even worth doing considering it is an older model? (3GS)

I'm thinking it will be because I could get a pay as you go plan without having to dish out the 400-500$ or so that would come with having to buy the phone new?

Any help would be appreciated, especially with ways to unlock my phone. I probably should have asked this farther away from my actual departure but hopefully someone can help me out.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: iPhone help!

Post by Ikku » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:59 am

Can't just switch the sim card and register the phone as yours? Or take it to your provider and get them to set it up with you? It's possible that you can't switch it at all as some sort of theft protection, but since you could always have bought it second hand I bet there is. Pretty sure it would be as simple as switching the cards and maybe phoning your provider or Apple.

Don't forget that the data plan to make a smartphone like that work is like 30 bucks a month.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

SToNeR ChRiS
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by SToNeR ChRiS » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:08 am

Hey dude thanks for the advice... I did exactly as you said and went to a provider to get a new sim card thinking the phone would be as good as mine. Organized a monthly plan and everything.

The only problem is that I was so excited to finally get it done that I completely forgot that I would have to unlock it or jailbreak it beforehand. Because it was with a Canadian provider beforehand I had to unlock before I changed providers.

I'm sure everything will work out, partly because the guy at the phone store gave me the card of someone who will probably be able to help me. I'm planning on going there tomorrow if I can't find any other advice. But my next question is whether or not anyone knows anything about jailbreaking or unlocking iPhones? Preferably ways of doing it for free. Any advice would be much appreciated.
I saw on TV today, this man lost his son, his son died...
So he had him cremated, took his ashes, and then made it into a Diamond ring...
Now he watches his son shine every day.
I just thought about that, while I sit here ashing in this ashtray...

VeTRooTbup
Why Hello There !

Services

Post by VeTRooTbup » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:34 am

It agree, a useful piece

Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Well this is obviously too late... but... If anyone needs help with iphones, unlocking, resetting, jailbreaking, etc, anything. I can help.