Juventus - La vecchia signora

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Genoa 0 - 2 Juventus

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:04 am

Ratings:
Storari- 7. Positioning, bravery, anticipation, smart reflexes...he truly is one of the finest keepers I have seen in Serie A, for a long time. Almost a shame he will be relegated to the bench come late January, but a shame for him, and joy for us...As Santo Buffon will have returned to the battlefield. Until then, Storari has my full confidence. Little to do for large periods of a game, then he is alert when needs be. the sign of a top drawer keeper.

Motta- 5.5. Whether its a mental, physical or talent issue, I am unsure, but he simply hasnt found his feet in these last few months, and has done nothing to suggest we should sign him outright. Looks lost at times, and overshadowed by his 18 year old replacement in the second half.

Bonucci- 6.5. Solid and dependable...Other than perhaps one incident when he let a ball go past him with a man running in behind him, who made a desperate lunge for the ball...how close the lunge was, i couldnt tell...maybe leonardo judged it perfectly. I just prefer to see defenders, if in doubt, give it a clout...

Chiellini- 8. We are so fucking lucky to have him. Still fairly young and already, week in/week out one of the strongest centrebacks in the world. So hard to beat, to outmuscle, to outjump, and even if you do find half a yard, he attacks with more often than not perfect timing...superb, absolutely superb. I love the guy.

Grosso- 6. Credit must be given for sticking to the task, after so long out, unwanted, exiled from the squad. An unspectacular, but still proffesional performance.

Aquilani.6.5. Seemed somewhat subdued, or maybe just busier in his defensive duites than in previous games. Still used the ball intelligently, covered lots of ground, showed good stamina and spirit.

big Phil Melo 7. Regaining his stride after the injury absence. Dominated possession in midfield, passed well, tackled like a beast, lovely to see him smile, and that new haircut is perfect...for a nutcase.

Marchisio- 7. He made his own luck with the goal, other than which, he rarely got passed on the flank, had one other opportunity to square the ball for two waiting players in the middle, but chose wrongly to shoot across goal. Good stamina. Solid, perhaps showing more comfort in this new left wing position.

Krasic. 8. Scored a great goal, set up a couple of decent chances for our strikers. Direct running, often beating two men at once...and he is only just returning from a lengtht break due to injury. A fine showing, from our star player.

Quag.6.5. Worked very hard, but wasnt helped by Iaquinta's brainless movement and poor touch. His runs are better seen and found by DP. But then again, quag has been playing in a more advanced role when with DP, with VinnyCenzo, he had to move further down the field...so a change of sorts...accompanied by a change of fortune. To be fair, his shooting was a little bit tame. Still, far from an awful effort.

VinnyCenzo. 5. Easily marked, one decent effort on goal which flashed past the far post. Lacking match fitness and sharpness??? could be that, or simply that his form is always rather topsy turvy. with only his effort never been in question.

SUBS

Sorensen. 8. This kid can tackle. His timing is amazing for someone so young. Exactly the opposite applies what i have been saying about de ceglie, pre DelNeri, as in 'he has zero natural defensive talent', this kid oozes natural talent. His passing seems to be becoming already BETTER than Motta, and i give him praise for attempting a few first time cross field balls, fucking up one, hitting another perfectly, and playing the ball short and simple for the rest of the time. Surely, by now, Delneri ca nsee who is the better right back??? The 18 year old is besating Motta hands down in every area. The mark may seem high, and is, but he is 18...3 games into his professional career in the top flight of Italy. Takes some mental steel and skill to prove as dependable as he has done so far.

Sali Goblin- N/a

Momo- Shocking on the ball as always, but did make at least one beautiful crunching tackle.

Del Neri.7.5. I dont like it, but understand why he went defensive after the break. His subs made sense. Brave to play krasic from the start. Spirit in the team seems strong and proud and expectant of victory. So far, he is likely making a few juventini eat their ignorant words of criticism from earlier on in the year...He seems to have recreated that familial atmosphere and togetherness in the squad, as well as the belief in competing for the top positions.

Overall...a wicked result. Strong first half performance. Brilliant to see Krasic return, with aplomb...also Melo back to form...Chiellini an absolute monster. I would have preferred to see us using attack as the best form of defence in the second half, rather than inviting them onto us to have a go...which they did. Still, their two best efforts were against the bar, one from range, and one hit first time in the box. Other than that...they didnt really trouble us. We troubled them more, as we should, as we have better players.

So...a slight moan, that we didnt go for the jugular. But 0-2 away, to a team coming off two victories on the trot, clean shit, krasic back, melo and giorgio in regal form...im a happy man.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: Juventus Renovation Time...

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:16 am

Two months since my last post in this thread, and I am happy to write that both my mood and hopes, rooted in Juve, have taken a definite upturn from where they were in late September.

Sitting 4th in the league, on the back of a lengthy unbeaten run, praiseworthy performances and results against some decent sides, a gem of a defender unearthed from the darkness, King Chiellini signing a new contract whilst still bandaged from his war wounds...all of which achieved despite a savage injury crisis...Indeed, this season is bringing me so much happiness. With the only blemish on our fortunes and progress seen in the europa league. Regrettable, but hardly enough to dilute my welcome reinvigoration of expectation and more importantly, pride, in the club i hold so dear to my heart.

Injuries to so many players from the first team squad threatened to derail our attempts to gain a sense of rhythm. But the spirit, which was so sorely lacking last term, which had appeared in flashes in the early erratic stages of this season, has thankfully steadied itself and blossomed. Translating to whoever has come in to plug the gaps, doing their bit to continue our strides towards becoming, once again, a top team domestically. Its the injuries to De Ceglie and Martinez which bother me the most. As the young left back, who for so long had shown brief glimpses of potential, had finally started to show some defensive solidity and consistency, before his knee got crunched. Also with Martinez...whose Juve dream so far has been a nightmare, in terms of physical condition.

Still...there is presently, and I stress the word presently, a silver lining, from the clouds of injury misery, and his name is Sorensen. I am almost scared to speak too highly of the lad, so will try to keep my feet on the ground here, rooted in realism, not fantasy...but...the danish kid has grown in stature with every appearance, and to me, he has shown, in the admittedly small amount of playing time afforded him, that he has a large dose of natural defensive talent. Strong in the tackle, decent positioning, decent timing, uncompromising in one on ones, and only lacking apparent eagerness to forage forward to support his right wing comrade. This kid, on what I have seen so far, has very serious potential, which CANNOT be allowed to suffer from a Loan, or Co-ownership. In our time of need, we asked a completely inexperienced player, still learning his trade, even at youth level, to step into the breach, and I doubt anyone can contest that he has performed admirably.\

The midfield is where we look the most settled. What began as a measure to counter the Maicon threat has gradually become commonplace and dependable. Whilst Marchisio is playing loosely out of position, he is clearly not asked to play as a traditional left winger. For when Krasic bombs forward, and as the statistics prove, he is most often our most advanced player on the field, Marchisio tucks more into a central/left midfield position, as the formation becomes more like a 4-3-3 than a lopsided 4-4-2. Yes this does make us more predictable, but predictable or not, who can contain Krasic???? Add to this fluid movement, the fine form of Melo and Aquilani and its clear why we are now able to control, and often dominate the midfield area. Its the central duo in particular I am most pleased with, as with Alberto dropping deeper than ever before in his career, and truly excelling as a regista, Melo can do what he does best, which is to muscle and slice through opposition attacks through the middle, and spray the ball to krasic, back to Alberto, or to Quags and DP. More options to pass to, and less pressure on him to create...This Melo is phenomenal, and whilst I am obviously biased, I do not see many teams with such a strong pairing in the middle of the park.

Praise must also go to Storari, who has been in exceptional form all season. Often having nothing to do for long periods of a game, when called up he comes up with the goods. And it is this concentration which is the sign of a great keeper. A VERY shrewd signing, which must presently be seen as a success, the same can be said of Krasic and Aquilani, and to a lesser but still commendable degree, Bonucci, who is making less errors and slowly developing a decent understanding with King Giorgio.

Impossible to judge Martinez and Traore, as they have barely played.

13 games played in the league. Sitting 4th spot. Scoring goals, brilliant spirit in the ranks, and after our earlier erratic form calmed down, and the defence became solid, we are fast becoming one of the meanest backlines as well as most vibrantly potent in front of goal. I have to be content with this.

We can do with reinforcements in the January transfer window, mainly a striker and fullbacks, perhaps also a left winger if Lanzafame is dead or unwanted. I am unsure if we will sign a striker and Marotta reconfirmed today that Dzeko is wanted. If that is the case, then surely we will only sign a striker on loan, not outright. This is too long to explore potential purchases, but I have blossoming faith in Marotta to continue the good work already begun...

Many reasons to be cheerful...

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:39 am

Our current problems...

Lack of a prima punta- Vinny Cenzo is a battering ram, who when fit, will score goals, but nowhere near to the rate of our unfortunately departed Trezegol. Amauri is injured, and I agree with the main centre point of the podcasts...Aaron??? in that Amauri, is deadweight, and has had so many chances now, and proven only, that he is awful. We are not talking about a bad period, we are talking about 18 months of patheticness. He simply should never be allowed to don the beautiful bianconeri maglia ever again. Its great to have optimism, but for those who still believe he can come back to fitness and do the business...that seems to me, more lunacy, than objective optimism. He managed 5 goals in 30+ games last season, and when he has played this season, he has shown zero threat to goal. I was one of those who was optimistic at the start of the season. Reverting to 4-4-2, would surely present so many chances for a player who even with shocking feet, has shown talent in the air previously...but alas...no. Still wretched.

Left Back- De ceglie was looking much improved before his injury, and I have hope that he can return to such levels of output on the field, when he returns. Especially with the definitely more defensive Marchisio in front of him. Perhaps I could be happy with Grosso as a backup. But would prefer to see the former world cup winner put out to pasture. As ideally, we want TWO decent players fighting for every position. Competition is healthy. Assuredness of first team selection, for any player, is unhealthy.

Right back-
Sorensen has been absolutely wonderful. A real gem in the rough, and whoever scouted him, and made the decision to have him on loan, patriaci???? should be praised. With Grygera returning to fitness, and like Sorensen, much happier to provide mainly defensive cover, im less concerned as i was a few months back, about the right back position.

Regista-
A position Ciro made a huge mistake in asking Big Phil Melo to play last season, has been finally, after many years now needing improvement, found its saviour, in Aquilani, whose defensive prowess has astounded me. Against Lazio, Hernanes was a ghost, and not only shackling their main man, but also getting several decent efforts on target from a fair range...Alberto is indeed proving to be wonderful for our team. Now with a player so prone to injuries over recent years, and becoming increasingly pivotal to our play, he needs a backup...which presently is who???? Nobody. Its essential that we have another player in the squad capable of playing that role. Yes, Krasic is a demon, at times, completely unplayable, but we are clearly a better team when our attacking thrusts can come from more places than just the right flank...

The rest of the team seems fine. We have Pepe, Lanzafame (although I reckon he will go out on loan in January, as he is fit now, and not even making the bench) and the soon to return Martinez (who NOBODY can yet judge as to his suitability to the left flank, as he simply hasn't played enough).

Quag can ably share the prima punta role with Vinny Cenzo...and also, as I would prefer to see, take DP's spot, and play alongside, lower in the lineup, with our battering ram.

Add to this the blossoming partnership of CHiellini and Bonucci, and we are really looking rather decent.

Of the areas I highlighted, most important to me, is a decent prima punta, and even more essentially, a decent backup/challenger to Aquiliani...

Do we have these players in our primavera?

Other than that...does anyone know anything about our apparent signing of Lucas Piazon??? And if so...also...who is he???? does he have the option of an italian passport???

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:30 am

Fuck..last night, was the first time in following this club for 14 years, that i began watching a game, but didnt finish. Early in the second half I just couldn't take any more.
whilst the players MUST shoulder much of the blame for the humiliating shambles we witnessed yesterday, as they all played disgustingly poorly, Del Neri has to now be seen as truly failing at the club, even by the most optimistic of fans.

I also follow Gillingham FC, a wretched league two team in England. We were relegated last season, deservedly so really. Brought in an ex manager/player in the Summer. Lots of changes in tactics and some changes in the squad. For the first few months of the season we were horrible...losing games to the likes of fucking acrington stanley 7-4!!!!hohohoho...there were injuries to the squad, which obviously didnt help. Some parallals can be drawn, between the gills and Juve. New manager, some new players (admittedly more change in the juve squad)...BUT the parallals end when it comes to measuring the performance of the manager, which must be measured by the performance of the team. While the gills manager, hessenthaler, had an obvious plan in mind, which was not at all rigidly ONE FORMATION, he stuck to the task, ignored the criticism, and it all came together before christmas. From shocking to the most in-form team in the league, and we have stayed amongst the most in-form teams, for the last 15 games now...whereas Juve have developed zero consistency, stuck to ONE FORMATION, went horribly downhill after xmas, and still now, seem only capable of showing a desire to spill blood when they play against Inter or Milan. Looking at it this way...Del neri has failed. Miserably. Because we simply have not improved.

As we experienced our worst season for 300 years last time out, the most important demand for this season, was and remains massive improvement and PROGRESS. We have not progressed. Our league position, and form since christmas, are appalling.

The renovation, im annoyed and saddened to admit, simply cannot begin to move in the right direction until we have a manager who demands and receives at the very least, fierce spirit and determination, from every player who wears our jersey. without a manager who is respected, followed, even loved, by the team, we are going nowhere, just treading stagnant water.

I still hope for a miracle, but don't see it coming. And i am accepting, that my blind optimism only leads to the sickening feeling in my gut i felt last night. Del neri lacks whatever it is that this team needs to progress.

As for Marotta, I am less inclined to see him as a failure. And definitely inclined to see him as a massive improvement over Secco. Martinez is now seeming like a rather costly failure...but Matri, barzagli, aquilani, quags, toni, bonucci, sorensen, storari, krasic...all were good moves. Not sure if Pepe has done enough to warrant signing him on a permanent deal. as we dont seem to have the luxury of saying the first team is fine, so lets spunk 10m on a utility player for the bench...we need STARTERS. (motta doesnt count as a footballer, and him and traore really havent lost us much, though obviously better players could have been brought in in their places, but if we didnt have the money, and could only deal with loans, that restricted marotta hugely in who he could go for)...also Paratici should be mentioned...we have ilari, camilleri, (sorensen), magnusson...a fair few promising youngsters have come in on loan or signed outright.

Its common in football, for a team, when down to ten men, to fight harder than ever. But the last two games when I have seen us have a player sent off, have been over for Juve the moment the card was raised. rather than fight harder than ever, we capitulate. absolutely zero positive reaction from the team, on both occasions. This acceptance and expectation of defeat is a greivous fucking insult to our history...and the worst thing is, that we had the same shit last season. The grinta has been back in patches this time around, but clearly, it vanishes more often than it appears...

Del Piero is now, at 62 years old, far too flimsy and often useless a player to be our captain. Make him an ambassador for the club, but for fucks sake, dont extend his contract, as a player, and allow him to remain captain. we are not in a position where we can afford to be sentimental. we need leaders on the field, not just Buffon at the back, and chiellini roaring...Nedved was a leader, whose berserker competitive streak infected and demanded the same of everyone around him...we havent had a player come into the starting XI, since pavel retired, who has filled the hole of spirit and zeal and leadership. a player whose head never drops...who grits his teeth in pain and rage when the final whistle sounds and he must reluctantly allow his enemies to retreat to their dens to lick their wounds. Marchisio has the leadership qualities of a butterfly. Aquilani is unsure of himself presently...and Melo...well..its enough for him to not do anything stupid and to play well, although I do enjoy his eccentricity (at times)...hardly a natural born leader of men. Who else is there??? no leadership on the field, and very little off the field.

...i now agree with the conclusion that until we get a new manager, a man who demands respect and pride in the jersey, as a bare minimum, we are going to continue to falter, flatter to deceive, and ultimately remain a 5th-8th place team.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

juventus 3 2 genoa

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:30 pm

a truly disgusting performance...when set against what my heart, which doesn't think, it just feels, assumes is JUVENTUS...for too many years have I been treated to too much quality, too much heart, too much spirit...and watching this JUVE, makes me...angry, vicious, aggressive, to anyone within range. They could be asking me something as simple as 'can i borrow some milk, mate?' and i will reply, after watching such a first half of Juventus, 'fuck this, fuck you, fuck everything and everyone...'...how long has it been?? since every victory didn't feel like a loss??

I can see the dilemma of Marotta, of those above him...for I truly cannot say whether its the players or the manager, who is to blame, for such atrocities committed in the name of a once mighty legion of warriors.

I was ranting at my mother earlier on, who is visiting me here in madrid, on a long distance trip from my homeland, England...the essence of my angst was that for near to two decades, its been my English team, Gillingham, who have given me the woe, and my italian team, Juve, who have given me so much pleasure. The tide has turned. The fat lady has sung...loudly, proudly and putridly.

On quality and clear cut chances, we should have lost this game.

QUICK FIRE RATINGS:
Storari...beyond blame...6
bonucci...solid in the tackle, but positionally, he is shocking. absolutely shocking. zero marking ability, for a fucking centreback...sell him. 4
barzagli...conspicuous by his absence, intelligent enough to keep out of obvious trouble, but neither did he impose himself...4
motta...twat. its madness that he is still a starter. so many people moaned about Grygera, but I ALWAYS said he is nothing offensively, but competent defensively. Motta is simply...not a footballer. Watching him get wholesomely outpaced for their second goal was painful...The facts are that we have Grygera, and also Sorenson. Now the czech is NOT our future. I understand that...but lob the ball down our right flank, and if i have to choose who would defend it, Motta or Grygera...the czech goblin wins everytime. As for sorensen, he COULD be the future. defensively he is miles ahead of Motta, and he seems also more useful offensively. why o fucking why del neri perseveres with Motta is beyond me, and a final nail in his coffin...2 ( i was so happy when he was subbed)

MArchisio...put himself about, made plenty of useful tackles, passing consistently satisfactory, i hope for more from him, but i was happy with his showing...6
Melo...interesting that he was subbed, as he had seemed his usual beastly self in the tackle, and in terms of bossing the midfield...also more eager and capable with the ball at his feet than his playmaker comrade in the middle, Alberto...i am glad he is back...6
Krasic...absent without leave. nothing of use...part of this i can attribute to genoa constantly doubling up on him, which in turn, allowed pepe to seem better than he is, as he had space. but still...a truly quality player, regardless of two people covering him, at least 50% of the time, still does something special...his talent shines through, even in flashes, the dark clouds of double defending. i saw not, even one flash...4
pepe...worked like a trojan. his effort alone deserved the massively deflected goal he amusingly claimed. should never be a starter for a top european team, but as things stand, for us, he MUST start...purely because he makes things happen, and never gives up. I am still rather bothered by what i see as our NEED to sign him, but i doff my virtual hat towards him, for this performance...6.5

Matri...Very little to work with in the first half...but when his chance came..fuck...wonderful. More than mere hints of a striker with world class finishing skill. Yes, he should have scored more than one...but still...his movement, his passing, and that finish, deserve applause. One of very few players we have in possession of at least, sterling class quality. 7

SUbSSS
Sorenson...much quicker than motta, much more dependable one on one than motta, equal or more impressive going forward than motta...why the fuck is motta starting??? one or two misplaced passes do not in any way lessen the fact that before his entrance our right rear flank was unguarded, and once he appeared, it was more likely a source of offensive endeavour, not defensive ineptitude...its about time we unearthed a true gem. for his age, for his progression...he merits a 7.

Martinez...nothing. its a shame really, becauce i liked him at catania...he was a little mental, and often scored dramatic goals. I alwys enjoy that kind of player. However, everything has gone horrible for him at Juve. Its nonsense to cast him aside as 'awful'...even though, today, like many times this season, he was awful. he has quality, but for reasons i cannot pinpoint, he has shown none of it in a juve jersey. Injuries??? the move to the biggest club of his career weighing down too heavily upon his shoulders??? i am sure they have played a part, but mainly...i see the problem with martinez as down to his deployment. At catania, he seemed much more like a wide left wing forward. eager to cut in, with wicked pace, and score...with us, he has been asked to play a left midfield role, to tackle back and cover as much as attack. Some players are ONLY useful offensively. Martinez is one of them. I feel sorry for the chap...for not only has he been asked to play in a position which is not at all natural for him, he has also had to deal with playing in front of our worst area, the LEFT BACK ROLE....so, out of position, no assurance behind him...no wonder he has shown zero...still, rating...1

toni...
i give del neri no marks for this, and toni, at least a 7...his goal was gloriously taken, the man retains mammoth strength and an instinct for an opening. should have made the game safe late on, but he is far from fully fit, and lacking match sharpness...and he scored our winner. buon lavoro, luca...actually...7.5

(i forgot Traore, and am too stoned now to scroll up)...
traore...pace, but not much else. his crossing leaves a lot to be desired. his covering and defending in general is based mainly on his pace. too much a liability. seems nervous and lacking grit. 3

Del neri...
after last week, i can understand WHY he stuck with a similar formation...not just because we won, but mainly because of injury and fitness issues in the squad as a whole. Still, i would have preferred a 4-4-2. and marchisio was far too often central for me to see anything but an obvious 4-3-3.

with two wingers playing, its best to have 4-4-2 or 4-5-1...I was watching Man U last night, and with solely berbatov in attack, they were fun to witness. 4-3-3 with two players whose best work is always done on the wings, is not clever.

his substitutions were fine.

we were lucky.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

juventus 4 - 1 parma

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:52 am

12th Sep 2011
Juventus 4 - 1 Parma The Return of the grinta…

Buffon- Such was our near total dominance for the entirety of the game, Santo Buffon had very little to do. There was a moment of horror when he fumbled the ball and was close to presenting an easy chance for our foes, but he came good, had only one shot of any note to save which was the penalty and by and large seemed to marshal the defence well enough. He was out for such a long time last season, then returned to the ranks when the team as a whole was down and out…I still have serious faith in his abilities, but feel that we will not see the best of him until/unless he has played consistently in a happy team for a couple of months. Match sharpness is imperative for all players, but perhaps even more so for goalkeepers, especially those warriors who play between the sticks for the top clubs who often go through long periods in matches in which their goal is never threatened. That sharpness is still lacking for Buffon…6/10

juventus lichsteiner grinta

Lichsteiner- Truly wonderful. Lived up to his Gump nickname with a tireless performance during which he was not beaten even once, played the ball intelligently and carefully, and managed to score a brilliant goal early on. After the horror shows that were Grygera, Zebina, Motta…we now have a right back who appears of the required quality of a team aiming for the top. I used to hate playing Nazio with Lichsteiner in their line-up, and now, the tables have turned…A massive pat on the back of Beppe Marotta for bringing him to the club. Quality. 9/10

Barzagli- I have not joined the Bonucci bashing that other juventini seem prone towards, and neither was I in any way disheartened when we signed Andrea in January, because I used to rate him highly in his Palermo days and we picked him up for a stunningly cheap price. He was solid as a rock yesterday. Made no errors. Stuck to the manager’s orders of actually playing the ball rather than hooving it forward (as did everyone), and looked encouragingly composed and capable, on the ground as well as in the air. Perhaps he is a more suitable partner for Chiellini, only time will tell, but without doubt the early signs are extremely promising. He is experienced, strong, quick enough, and seems to read the game well. A solid showing. 7.5/10

Chiellini- His best showing for many moons in a Juve jersey. Gave nothing away, won every header, covered de ceglie and kept it simple when the ball was at his feet. He will be troubled far more against more physically robust and sharper minded players, but against the Parma offence, this was a walk in the park for King Giorgio. It was interesting to see how deep he remained, in comparison to last season when he often bombed forward. Conte’s work I assume…and with a more capable offence, it makes sense for our strongest defender to hold himself in check and patrol the back line. Great to see him back to the kind of form what we expect of him, and revere him for. 7.5/10.

De ceglie- As this was his first competitive game for many months, and we won and played handsomely, it would be harsh to pour too much criticism upon the Juve through and through left back. But still, he was the only player who failed to impress me. I do not see him as a natural left back. The main reason for this is his complete lack of positional awareness. Chiellini was more of a left back than de ceglie in this game. Perhaps this was intentional, a ploy devised by Conte with a feeling in heart that Parma would be doing far more defensive work on their right flank than pushing forward. A friend who was watching the game with me remarked several times that de ceglie was assuming a left midfield position, and seemed okay there, nothing special, and it was chiellini doing most of the tackling and covering the in left back zone. I saw the same thing and was unsurprised as I have seen it so many times before. Paolo seems more a natural left winger. Decent pace, competent passing, often great crosses and a robust engine. What is for sure is that better teams than Parma will focus on this area of our team as a weakness to exploit, unless either de ceglie is taught positional awareness or whoever Conte has in mind as our alternative left back is a more natural left back than de ceglie. That question, of Who Conte Has Chosen As Our Alternative LB must be answered next weekend against Siena. I was content to see him back, and repeat that he must surely be lacking match sharpness after such a long injury lay-off, so perhaps there is much more to come from the Damien doppelgänger(the Omen), but for this game, he was more wrong than right for me…5.5/10

Pirlo- Sensational. Aquilani is younger, faster and more capable of tackling, but his passing is nowhere near the quality of Andrea, whose distribution yesterday was nothing short of world class. He made several useful interceptions, covered a lot of ground, grabbed two assists and constantly exhibited talent on the ball far and beyond the ken of every other player on the field other than del piero. A sumptuous performance. Keep up the good work, Andrea. 9/10.

Marchisio- THAT…was the marchisio I want to see week in, week out. Buzzed around the midfield like a wasp of war, biting into challenges, supporting the attack, using the ball intelligently, always making himself an option and capping off a supreme innings with a masterfully taken goal created by Pirlo’s class and Claudio’s intelligent run and top drawer finish. On this form he is hard to take out of the team. As many have said, including myself, he is likely best in a central midfield trio, and when Vidal joined the fray, our shape changed to that trident and suddenly, with another to help out in the middle of the park, claudio began to show more of his always there but not always shown high level of technical ability. I hope he continues in this vein and am extremely happy for a lad who clearly has Juve coursing through his crimson rivers, to have marked the first competitive fixture in our new home with such a perfect game. 9/10.

Giaccherini- Not his ideal debut due to a lack of involvement in the major action but far from a failure. His stamina and desire is beyond question, and as Adam Digby noted at www.juventiknows.com (or was it our former King Aaron?), he made many effective runs into the middle from the flanks, pulling with him every time a Parma player, which allowed our fullbacks to push-up, unhindered, into space. As Pepe was doing the exact same, it was obviously a tactical ploy that worked a treat. And if there are two players in our squad who will be happy to be used as decoys, do the donkey work, then it must be Giaccherini and Pepe. His attitude, humility and ability to absorb and follow orders from the coach are likely to prove welcome additions to our squad this season. A less than awe inspiring, but competent debut. 6/10.

Pepe- His work rate was as always immense, though his lack of confidence in attempting to beat his man was a little worrying. Still…he battled hard, ran himself into the ground, and made the run onto Del piero’s exquisite through ball which he finished beautifully. Likely to settle into an unsung hero role along with giaccherini this season, but I am happy for his presence in the team. 7/10.

andrea pirlo juventus

Matri- Not the best of games for Allessandro but he did score a legitimate goal which was wrongly disallowed, and also hit the post. So I cannot be too critical. The manner in which our team is now tactically deployed seems to lead to Matri forced more to drag defenders away from our wingers getting into forward positions, but I remain confident that Matri will maintain his sterling goalscoring form of last season. Competent, and unlucky not to have netted a brace. 7/10.

Del Piero- His passing is always wonderful, as he proved with the assist for Pepe. Ran hard as hell for a 36 year old, but was generally crowded out by defenders whenever a hint of good position appeared. The talent is still there and his stamina is of a commendable level for a man of his age. We won well, and he played his part…a shame we didn’t get to see him alongside Vucinic from the start (when DP was fresh), as they looked lovely together pre season, but then again, I would always start Matri if fit, over vucinic, mainly due to work rate and natural goalscoring ability. A team can afford to carry one flair player, rarely two. 6.5/10

SUBS

Vucinic- Too much focus on intricacy, and running far less than Matri, but…the game was won and some of the moves he attempted were quality. I enjoyed his attempted link-up play with Vidal. Could have worked harder, but I trust Conte to deal with that. 6/10

Vidal- I was livid when I saw the starting team sheet. Marchisio over our new warrior, the same player whose aim for this season is to win EVERY challenge! Lunacy? Maybe not eh! For marchisio did superbly, and within a handful of minute of Arturo’s entrance to the fray, he scored a goal of serious quality. He roams…but in a central midfield trio, both Vidal and Marchisio seem naturally suited to taking turns to attack and defend. Stunning debut goal, superbly tucked away. 7.5/10

Krasic- Our flying Serb was playing with fucked wings. And had little time to impress. Very little time and action to judge him. N/A

Conclusion

If Afu ra was Juventus, he would finally make sense when singing…’I whirlwind through cities’. For we crunched Parma, from the first to the final whistle. We were untouchable and that game was not a competition, it was an Education, for Parma, the same team whose reverse of this scoreline back in January truly scuppered our whole season. The performance more than the result was beyond my wildest dreams. We had grinta aligned with talent. And I have not been able to write or say that for far too fucking long. I was and remain so proud, to be a Juventino.

To continue the musical juxtapositions…we moved, in one game, from MF Doom playing the accordion, to MF Grimm taking them to war. And I am still, near to 24 hours after the event, bouncing along to the tunes…

antonio conte juventus

Conte’s tactics cannot be faulted. So many glorious performances on the battlefield. A scoreline which actually fails to do our control of the game justice, even at 4-1. Magnificent debuts. What more can any juventino ask for?..I must try to calm down, because I remain light headed and daydreaming of a return to the very greatness that anyone who has stood side by side Juventus for a decade or more, will know all too well.

OK. Positives aplenty. Lichsteiner, Barzagli, Pirlo, Chiellini, Marchisio were ALL formidable, and everyone else other than de ceglie, were good/competent. I noticed how our defence did not once hoove the ball forward, and instead, tried to play the ball to feet. That is Conte’s influence and demands. And it worked a treat.

Prior to kick-off my main hope was that we didn’t lose…and yet I finished along with the final whistle, feeling like we had Returned. In all the ways I wanted. A complete domination of another team, without Elia, without a fit and firing on all cylinders Krasic…and yet we won, easily. This was not a case of an awfully poor parma, it was much more, in the end analysis, an immense show of Power. Long may it continue…

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

chievo 0 - 0 juventus

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:16 am

I approached this game with more hesitation than any other previously this season, for I am well aware of how Chievo play, especially against US. I expected a tough game, with few chances afforded our valiant troops by a team which at home, plays incredibly compact and employs allsorts of cuntish tricks designed to wind up the opposition, break up their rhythm, with the idea being, to grind down our spirit to such a degree that we lose concentration, and are hit on the break, with Pellisier, no matter his previous form, ALWAYS scoring...

And so...upon watching the game, I was far from surprised by how events unfolded on the turf.

Buffon-
Still stuck in that 'getting back to his best' phase...Commanded his area well enough, distribution was fine, fumbled one shot, but cat clawed it back into his clutches well before any opponents could capitalize upon his momentary lapse of concentration. Hardly tested. 6/10

Lichsteiner-
Can any of you name a right back superior to Lichsteiner???? I doubt it...He defends perfectly, has the stamina of Terminator, and attacks with zeal and top drawer technique. Yet another...very solid showing. 7.5/10.

Barzagli-
Dare I say that there is some welcome arrogance creeping into Andrea's game. For he is becoming settled into his by now, seemingly regular starting berth, and has won back his place in la nazionale...Dependable. He often reminds me of Cannavaro, in that, he only ever fouls tactically, with the worst possible result a yellow card. Other than Lichsteiner, he was our best distributor of the ball from our back line. Settled and Dependable. 6.5/10.

Bonucci-
There is a hint of tension in his ball playing efforts, which is something which Conte demands of his team as a whole, whether CB or Striker. Its as if, he seems very focused, and rather than attempt something which he may fuck up, he instead opts for clearing to relative safety, at least well enough to allow the team to regroup and rebalance. Encouraging...and I am mighty glad to see him back in first team action, as to my eyes, he has great potential. 6.5/10

Chiellini-
Its madness for anyone to suggest, even as wild optimism, that de ceglie or grosso should be our starting left back, when we have a player like Chiellini, whose defensive qualities are world class, and who is comfortable operating on the left flank of our defensive unit. Its now akin to saying a big FUCKYOU to both Conte and Prandelli...Whilst others seem to believe that he lessens noticeably, our attacking thrust down the left wing, I disagree. For Pepe was far from brilliant, and as a natural defender, Giorgio is naturally going to defend more than attack. Defence is his bread and butter. He was fine...and when the only other options are de ceglie or grosso, i hope that he remains where he has been for the last two games. 6.75/10

Pirlo-
My opinion of Andrea has changed since his move to Juve. Perhaps I failed to see past the 'he plays for the fuckin diavolo' veil previously...but either way, the man literally oozes Class. Its more pleasing than worrying, to see a team double up on him constantly, hack him down repeatedly, but still...he got on the ball often and used it intelligently, as always. After he had been taken down cynically, for the umpteenth time, he made a gesture to the player who had fouled him, not the ref, as if to say...'for fucks sake..come on...show some Respect...'. As I have noted before in other reports; Pirlo IS greatly contributing to defensive duties. He is not shying away from tackles, and in every game I have seen him play, he has made many very important interceptions. We are fortunate to have him...Bravo Beppe!. 7/10

Marchisio-
He worked hard, had one shot which went inches wide of the post; a wicked drive on his less favoured left peg...got involved in a few tackles, covered his position well enough, but unfortunately failed to impose himself on a midfield over-run with opponents seeking to stifle Pirlo. Not bad, but far from impressive. A sturdy 6.5/10.

Krasic-
Woeful. Which is not an anomaly...Its time for Milos to be benched, for he has been, by a country mile, our poorest player in every game he has played, other than those when de ceglie has been involved, when they both duel for the unwanted accolade of 'most ineffectual'. I can understand Chiellini sent to LB, to make up for the deficit of defensive talent which grosso and de ceglie bring to the fore, but Krasic is playing in a position for which we have many options. Pepe and Giaccherini can ALL play that role, and Elia, perhaps also Estigarribia, who ALL deserve a chance given the current form of Krasic. He was awful. Confidence is very obviously an issue, confirmed by a move which saw him running into, at worst a 1 on 2, but rather than take it on, he waited and waited, and then tried to pass back to a Juve player...to me, he appears hugely lacking confidence. Stick him in the primavera. For he is proving time and time again, absolutely useless. His passing, shooting, running...are all Wrong.
3/10

Vidal-
I love his warrior spirit. He fights and fights to the death. Passing is fine. Eagerness to get into the area is admirable. Tackling is decent. However, I feel that its a case of 'more time needed to adjust to italian football and also Conte's tactics'. As we yet do not know exactly how/where to play him. Also...he got elbowed in the face, horridly and blatantly off the ball. To his credit he got straight back up on his feet, but I hope that the italian FA review that 'confrontation' for it was intentional assault. Always looking lively and likely to make something happen. 6.5/10

Pepe-
A rather subdued performance from Simone. He had one left footed effort with was headed for the top corner, and annoyingly well saved, but other than that, he seemed...undeserving of a starting place. Still...As Conte's flanks are massively dependent on the connection between fullback and winger, and Chiellini is only very slowly getting into the role of fullback, I can forgive Pepe for failing to bring excitement, even a hint of THREAT, to proceedings. He did OK. 6/10.

Vucinic-
Great work ethic! Which rides against the tide of opinion which erupted when we signed him. His touch is classy, and playing a lone centre-forward role forces him to head back into midfield to attempt to grab the ball and connect with midfielders running past him. At times, a little too intricate, but then again, when playing against a bunch of Kunts like Chievo, who are hell-bent on faking injury and getting more often than not, at least 8 men behind the ball...what else was he supposed to do? A worthy of praise effort...6.5/10.

SUBS
Del Piero-
Did nothing in his time on the field, other than send a free header in the box agonisingly against the bar. Difficult to judge...so....N/A.

Giaccherini-
Such a shame that he pulled up soon after his arrival into the fray, with either a new injury, or more likely, a 'tweak' of the injury which has laid him low these last two weeks. I like him, and feel that he is a clever signing, as he follows instructions to the letter, and his spirit and determination are always unbreakable. N/A

Estigarribia-
Nowhere near enough time to insert a positive effect on the game. Did nothing wrong, but lacked the chance to do much right. glad to see him get his debut....N/A

Conclusion

We had several very decent chances, came as close to winning the game, as an inch of three of a post. The defence was very solid, and the one chance which we allowed our opponents, was a 50/50 which was thankfully given in the favour of Pirlo. On the balance of play, on measuring eagerness to score a goal, endeavour and chances created, we deserved to either draw or perhaps win. So a draw seems a fair result. We were never outplayed during the whole 95 minutes.

I was disgusted with Chievo, and Di Carlo can go eat a bowl of fuck...a man of class and substance does not moan about a goal that wasn't given, when his team have constantly hacked, spent the majority of the game camped in their own half waiting to spring a counter-attack, and worst of all, faking injury absolutely disgracefully. He should be ashamed...as should that irritating pigfucker Pellisier, and also one other Chievo player, who pretended to be seriously hurt, halted the flow of our attacking thrust, clearly intentionally, for several minutes, went off the pitch then returned right as rain...its appalling to see that, from a team playing at home, keeping us at 0-0, with a definite chance of sneaking a goal.

Perhaps I should see such dishonourable antics/tactics as a sign of respect for our perceived superiority??? It doesn't help. For we don't dive. Conte wouldn't stand for it. And rightly so...If a player is injured badly enough to warrant the game getting stopped, then its an insult, to the spirit of the Game itself as well as the opponents, if the same player, finally, after rolling around faking near to death injury, walks straight back on the pitch. That is not OK. Its despicable, and I now hope that Chievo get their comeuppance, and suffer greatly...Fuck you Di Carlo. eat shit and die...and take Pellisier with you...

We remain a work in progress. We looked far more likely than Chievo to grab the winner. We attacked more, showed more quality, couldn't break them down enough times to make valuable use of our chances. Top of the table, unbeaten after 6 games. Players on the sidelines still to make their mark...like Estigarribia and Elia...and Quagiarella. I can find no reason to complain.

Much has changed in terms of our grinta. Courtesy, mainly, of Conte. In terms of our aims for this season; I remain focused on 3rd spot and qualification to the champions league. That will not just bring us $$$$$ and a confidence boost to the squad and manager, but equally importantly, it will give us the chance to improve the squad, through attracting a player or three from that category of top drawer players who NEVER move to teams which don't allow them to feature in the premier competition of all the greatest footballers vying their trade in Europe.

Napoli and Milan are the only teams in our league whom I see as likely to finish above us. Roma need more time...for Enrique is very Spanish, played in, and trained in, a type of football massively different to what is played in Italy. Inter are presently a shambles, and long may that continue, but still, i include them along with Lazio, as our main challengers for that highly coveted 3rd spot.

Hardly a vintage performance, but we did not lose, deserved to at least draw, if not win, no major injuries, and we remain top of the league. Only a juventino eager for attention could criticize harshly...

Personally...I am content. Whilst our main rivals for 3rd are inconsistent, we are drawing or winning, and have yet to introduce to the squad, a player like Elia, who has seemed exciting and potent when I have seen him prior to his transfer to Turin...and then there is the unknown, volatile fixture of Estigarribia!.

Much to be thankful for, little to moan about.

Forza Juve.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

juventus 2-2 genoa

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:13 am

Juventus v Genoa

I hate these 545am wake-up calls, for they always lead to hardship, rarely to glory...but what the hell eh...i am a juventino through and through, and so, whatever the time, my blood demands me to support.

This game proved yet another of those 'its fu.cking stupid to cause my already haggard body more trauma by wasting one of the two free mornings in seven, to endure such trauma leading to...bother and angst'...

To temper the rising tide of befuddlement, I am turning to Murs- Bad Man...and hopeful of his playful rhymes adding a jovial tinge to everything I am set to write...

Ratings-

Storari-
No chance for the first we conceded, but for the second, he should have got a paw, at least, to the ball...Looked rusty and far from ideal. 5/10.

Bonucci-
Solid. Seems to have a sturdy footballing mind when it comes to a decision to either try play the ball or hoove it into touch and allow the troops to regroup. One of the few positives from this up and down performance, team-wise. 6.5/10.

Barzagli-
Nothing was coming through the middle. That much was obvious the whole game through. Which says much for the Bonucci/Barzagli partnership. I pour scorn on those fools who shouted out with whining and shame when we signed Andrea for a paltry fee. The facts speak for themselves...He has only turned 30 in 2011, which for a CB suggests he has at least another two years in his boots, body and mind, at the whatever level he finds himself in, and is proving Quality. He is fast becoming my favourite Juve CB...dependable, both on the floor and in the air, he tackles intelligently, plays the balls simply, covers very well, and when we finally have a LB who can defend his area, he will likely look even better. Yet another commendable showing...7/10.

Chiellini-
Woeful...and if we still had Ziegler in the squad, if I had my way, Giorgio would be benched. Yes, he has played LB before, but not consistently for a long time. THAT needs to be taken into account. But we are talking about a player who has at least a semblance of an idea of the area to defend as a LB, and Giorgio fucked up too many times on that score for my liking. Yes, he made some solid and important challenges, but when it counted, he lost out to lesser opponents. However...he remains more dependable a LB than those officially regarded as LBs in the squad; Grosso and De Ceglie. So...as much as it pains me on his current form, he should continue, because de ceglie cannot tackle, and ALWAYS assumes the position of a LM, and Grosso??? he has not the zeal to be part of what we wish to aspire towards...
4/10.

Lichsteiner-
At times, when Stephan is coupled with Krasic/Pepe, i feel sorry for the Swiss, for neither player has his comfort on the ball or his incredibly engine. Which is a crying fukin shame, for our nazi in disguise has class in abundance. ALWAYS trying to make something happen offensively, rarely beaten one on one, and his stamina seems inhuman. Forced to do what he could with the lack of quality around him. Another praiseworthy showing...i keep doffing my virtual hat to Beppe for bringing him to our club, and rightly so.
7/10.

Pirlo-
Without any doubt he was from start to finish of the game the most technically gifted player on the pitch. We should all make the most of this period, in which Andrea is seriously and near to constantly, one of the best on the ball in the world. Getting out of horrid situations, playing the ball with guile, rarely wasting a touch...he is world class. And his efforts in this game brought me so much pleasure...Astounding. 8.5/10.

Marchisio-
Once again, after his brilliant recent form, Claudio seemed all too often dazed and confused. Unable, for the whole game, to impose himself on the midfield. His technical qualities have never been in doubt, neither has his love for the club, but...his ability to regularly impose his presence upon a midfield melee HAS and REMAINS up for debate. Vidal has so much more than him, and I would be interested to see the 4-2-4/4-4-2 stick, but Marchisio losing his place for a game to Arturo...What I have seen of Vidal thus far, as a juve player, is that I always know when he is playing. He is nowhere near yet comfortable in the formation, which makes sense when its constantly changing, but still...when he plays, EVERYONE knows he is playing. I cannot say the same of Marchisio...5.5/10.

Estigarribia-
I cannot help but be happy for the youngster...for he worked damn hard, put in several dangerous crosses, got crunched plenty but always got straight back up and got on with it. A very tough game to make your starting debut, but he did well, and I want to see more of him...6.5/10.

Pepe-
Never confident taking on an opponent, which the opponents are all well prepared for. he did OK. But when our wingers are charged with first and foremost: beating their man, and Pepe cannot beat his man, then...well...i appreciate his defensive eagerness, but i do not want him starting. Did very little of note. Huffed and puffed, has decent pace, but essentially, is a wasted starting selection when we have Elia. did nothing wrong, but very little right.5.5/10.

Vucinic-
The moody Montenegrin was shocking the first half. He seems perfectly capable of things intricately, but when it comes to playing the ball simple, he is found lacking. I have said it before and I will say it again: a team can afford to carry at best, ONE player. We are currently carrying Vucinic, as well as Krasic as well as Chiellini. His link up play is often beautiful. He has divine feet, clearly, but...we are failing to make the best use of his natural talents. For he is wasted as a seconda punta, charged mainly with linking up the play between midfield and attack, dropping deep to collect the ball. And also...perhaps more worryingly, there appears, as of yet, no easy cohesion between him and Matri. Some brilliant footwork, but little else...but as suggested, I feel that is due to a misuse of his very obvious potency.
6/10.

Matri-
Allessandro was nothing short of True Class. He took both his goals incredibly well, made consistently intelligent runs and surely proved to me and everyone else who wants Juve to succeed, that he simply MUST be a god given starter, in every game. He brings to our shared cause, what has been lacking since Trezeguet left, since Trezeguet was fit and firing on all cylinders week in, week out. Matri has that glorious ability to sniff out goal scoring opportunities and to finish them with aplomb. Of our possible options for the forward line, he is easily our most natural born goalscorer, and I hope that Conte realizes this sooner rather than later, for if he doesn't...it WILL cost us points.
His first was difficult, and all about positioning and finishing. His second seemed harder, and yet again, was all about positioning and finishing ability (married to Pirlo's beautiful dummy).
HE HAS TO PLAY. EVERY GAME...
8/10

Pazienza-
Little time to do much right or wrong. so...to be fair...N/A

Krasic-
The first disgraceful tactical choice that Conte has made all season. Leading 2-1, at home, against a well organized team, determined to fight until the last breath, who do you bring into the fray, if anyone??? Definitely not a player whose confidence has appeared for too long now akin to a mouse in a snake pit. Definitely not a player whose mental state is at best; WRONG. Why Conte decided to make this move, i cannot know, and nobody can know, other than Conte himself. Either way, to my reckoning, it contributed to the draw which felt like a loss. For Milos was terrible...zero ability on the ball, zero intelligence in his movement, zero usefulness in his distribution. Why the fuk introduce our major failure of this season late on in a game we are winning against a very dangerous and determined opponent??? Regardless of Conte's decision, Krasic was, yet again, which I have been writing since January...well below par. Its easy for the amoeba minded lightweights to whine about how he has 'family issues'...well, that my be true, at most for the last two games, but what about every game he has played in since late December of last year?? Indeed...deservedly...2/10. Atrocious.

Del Piero-
Nowhere near enough time for the aging veteran to make his mark, and I am eager for the day when we have a new Capitano...A player who actually demands a starting place, every single game, through his warrior spirit and talent rather than his former glory. N/A

Conclusion-

One thing we lack on the field is a Captain. A player who the rest of the team can turn to, at any point during a game, and know that at least ONE COMRADE is fighting tooth and claw for victory in true berserker style. We lack leadership (on the field). Our players shouldn't be turning to Conte aka Mussolini, in his 'technical area' on the sidelines, when the chips go down. They should not need to. The only players in the squad who seem anywhere close to fit for the role are Barzagli and, more interestingly, Lichsteiner. I would prefer the latter...but know that it will not, can not happen, until next season. Although...I do have some hope that Conte will recognize the importance of sharing some of his (presently) own responsibilities, with a player who is ALWAYS in the starting XI. That is not Del Piero. Marchisio is not a natural born leader, and neither is chiellini. Yes they love the club, and have done us proud, but Giorgio has much to learn and Claudio...well...he retains this tendency to drift in and out of games, often never coming close to truly imposing himself on a midfield which he must try to own, constantly. So there we have it...I am suggesting that Lichsteiner be made Captain. Odd and preposterous as it will seem to some of you…but what the hell eh.

Clearly, anyone who has watched and mainly suffered through watching, Juve of the last two seasons, must surely admit that we have at least become far more comfortable on the ball. Pirlo remains world class, Mirko loves the ball...and the tactics employed present a sink or swim demand for our XI to enjoy the ball, caress and use wisely the ball. Some are managing much better than others.

I assume that Milos is doing much better than Elia in practice and training, for his appearance in this game seemed at best odd, if I am not to believe what I just wrote. Its time for Milos to be not just benched, but given a break, and allow Elia to at least roll the dice...

Essentially...we remain near the top, and whilst I worry about how Milan and Inter are likely to regain their lost balance, I also see our own team as a work in progress. The thing is, we are on knife edge/././we can go either way. Conte can find soon our best first XI, or spend all season tinkering. Whereas Inter and Milan are merely slowly gathering steam.

These next two games are cup finals. We MUST beat fiorentina, or in the least give a solid account of ourselves, against another inferior team (on paper). and then...next weekend, we have Inter, against whom there is surely extreme angst and more desire to destroy, than any other team in existence.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: juventus 2-2 genoa

Post by sugarstalker » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:30 pm

juve has quite fallen from grace it would seem.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Inter scum 1 - 2 Juventus

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:31 pm

Prior to this game we have played against inferior opposition (to Inter). The Milan team we comprehensively outplayed was not the same Milan team we will see come the end of the season, as an average for this term of Serie A. They, AC, are slowly getting back to their best, as players return from injury, new players gel, and I still envisage, regardless of our own form, the scudetto decided between Napoli and AC. Up until recently, despite Inter’s atrocious form, mainly results wise more than performance wise, I was expecting our arch rivals to be in the mix with us and Lazio, and perhaps Roma, in the chase for the incredibly valuable 3rd spot finish in the league. Inter have on paper, easily the second best squad in Serie A.

However, the form book is thrown out of the window, from the 119th floor, then crunched under a steamroller, then spat upon…when it comes to the derby d’italia.

This fixture, due to the farce that was calciopoli, and also the comments regarding that incident of several Interisti, has become even more vicious, hateful and brimming, on our part, with demand for vengeance. Form was never going to be a major factor, only Heart, Spirit and Vital Zeal would see a winner emerge from this maelstrom.

As a club, the collective THEY have wronged us horribly, and THEY all deserve to die, or in the least be beaten on the field fair and square by our emerging soldiers of righteousness…

Ratings

Buffon-

I was lifted by his inclusion, for whilst he is taking his time to get back to his best, Santo Buffon at half mast is true quality. He had no chance on Maicon’s deflected goal, and other than that, made no errors, distributed the ball intelligently, showed confidence, commanded his area…what more can anyone ask????…6.5/10.

Chiellini-

Made several wonderful tackles, covered his area with brilliant prowess, tried to make things happen further up the field. I have never begun a brief comment upon a de ceglie performance like that, and will likely never do so. In the absence of a proper LB, giorgio has NOT been demoted, he is simply such an amazing defender, that even at left back he is hugely more useful than our only official left back. And that is my point…6.5/10.

Lichsteiner-

Mr consistency. Anyone who squeals ‘he is swiss, not nazi’, is thankfully wrong. for our MASSIVE signing at right back performs at a consistency in that position which I have not seen since the days of thuram and zambrotta. His stamina is nothing short of…German. His tenacity is nothing short of…German. His ability to maintain a solid level of defensive and offensive duties is nothing short of …German. Massively more comfortable without krasic in front of him. Played a major part in our first goal, skewed a great opportunity wide, but essentially, was far more useful for the entirety of the game, than his opposite number Maicon. Quality…yet again, and I doff my virtual hat towards Beppe Marotta. 7/10.

Barzagli-

Wonderful. Outstanding. I like his name. I love Beppe even more for signing him so cheaply. I have watched a lot of Serie A already this season, and the only centre back who rivals him, perhaps betters him, is Lucio, who to me, has always been, and was last night, world class. HE is one of the main reasons we are doing so swell. Long may his formidable form continue…7.5/10.

Bonucci-

Fuck all the pea brained goons who wanted him OUT during the summer. I never lost faith in his ability, and since coming back into the team, he has repaid COnte’s and my confidence, with some glorious performances. Whether you agree with me or not, i care not, for Leanardo IS fast becoming one of the best centre backs in Italy. And I am so happy that he forced the issue during the summer trauma of ‘we want Alvez, they want bonucci, but he doesn’t want to go, he wants to stay and prove himself’…And prove himself he has done. Superb. Covering, tackling, reading the play, and yet again, using the ball intelligently. Countless gritty interceptions, both on the turf and in the air. CLass. 8/10.

Pirlo-

Not at his best technically, but his grinta was plain for all to see. Fucked up a few times when he had the defence to thank for cleaning up his mistakes, but as has become customary, he was our fulcrum. The strange thing is…I have never before seen the kind of classy berserker steel that I have seen of him consistently in a Juve shirt. I would be giving him a 6, but when he saw Vidal on the floor, and was so angered by Inter’s lack of sportsmanship, that he hacked an opponent down, he moves to a 7 and takes a worthy place in my heart as a true juventino. Magnificent valour. He is a vero signore…7/10.

Marchisio-

I have been one of his most consistently vicious critics over the last few years. Yet have shown him praise this season, when worthy. Whilst I will continue to contest anyone who refers to him as a future Capitano, for he has zero natural leadership talents, I WILL praise him for becoming a man, juve style. He was committed and dangerous. Took his goal beautifully. tackled hard. covered like a killer bee scored a wicked goal. What more can we ask???? 8/10

Vidal-

Still finding his feet in this team, in this league, in this culture, but…he fights tooth and claw, for every ball, gets savaged constantly, but always gets back up on his feet, brushes himself down, then heads back to the front line. A hard working showing. more to come…6.5/10.

Pepe-

His biggest strengths are versatility and heart, perhaps also physical finesse. Did well, kept his head up, largely unable to beat his man, but generally used the ball efficiently, made space, then opened things up for more technically gifted players. Like Giaccherini, Simone is already a COnte favourite, for he takes orders on board without problem, and his work rate is exceptional. Solid, if nothing else. 6.5/10.

Matri-

He made both our goals and could of scored one of his own aside from the two assists. Most don’t give him the credit he is due, for to me, he is easily our most quality prima punta since Trezeguet. his movement is sensational, his finishing sturdy, never afraid to use his weaker foot. A more than commendable leading of the line. 7/10.

Vucinic-

I have mentioned before, that one of the major differences to this team, to the team of the last two seasons, is the increase in first team players comfortable on the ball. Mirko confirms this, in spades…for whilst he often seems lackadaisical, even uninterested, he very rarely shows anything less than clever movement and top notch ability on the ball. All that is failing presently, is his shooting. ‘what the hell???’ some will say, for he scored a good goal. My point is that a player of his standard, should have had at least one more goal last night, and several more in recent weeks. His goal and delightful footwork lead him to an 7.5 in this game, but i want more, and know he can give more…7.5/10.

SUBS

Estigarribia-

COnte said after the game that Pepe and our young Paraguayan were tasked with ending the Maicon threat. which they did well enough. As for the newcomer to our ranks…he had a one on one with the keeper, which was saved, other than which, he worked hard, made no mistakes and continued his progress as an up and coming unknown quantity. 6.5/10.

Del Piero-

His main use nowadays, however hard it is for some of our numbers to accept, is to come on late in a game, drop the speed of play, win free-kicks. He managed this task perfectly, even found himself gifted with a demanding of a better finish chance, but placed his shot woefully wide. USeful…6/10.

Pazienza- N/A

Conclusion

I feel we played against our most powerful opponent thus far this season. Had we drawn, or even lost, I would not be writing here and now, how unfair the result was. We made better and slightly more plentiful chances than Inter, but…we clearly have work to do, for our midfield trio, whilst astounding at times, often leads to the defence getting done on the counter. Thankfully all three of our midfielders get back quick, when we lose the ball and our under the pump.

The best player on the pitch from start to finish, was Lucio…I wonder if Rhodolfo can prove as amazing??? As for Lucio, he IS the perfect defender. Able to tackle, head, and equally importantly, he has great pace and is always eager to bring the ball out of defence.

We won this more on spirit and heart, than quality, and that brings such an ear to ear smile to my haggard countenance, that I must yet again, pay homage, to Conte and Marotta.

Despite the extremely welcome victory against our most fiercely hated opponents, I remain, slightly more content to believe that we can achieve that coveted 3rd spot finish, and with it, champions league qualification, which will bring us money, confidence, and most importantly, the opportunity to attract a higher calibre of player.

A superb, hard earned result…

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: juventus 2-2 genoa

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:15 am

we didn't fall...we were pushed. I can beligerently explain more, but...for now...when we are sitting pretty, near the top of the league, with much more to yet come from our squad in transition, i would rather heed the call, than go out on a limb.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Milan 1 - 1 Juventus

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 am

After two hours of sleep, I feel ready to give a more detailed account of the match, along with player ratings…

Buffon-

Had no chance on their goal, which took a large and decisive deflection en route to the net. scrambled brilliantly for the Muntari goal, and just kept on going as if he had made the save; which brought a smile to my heart. Otherwise largely untroubled although had to hoof the ball rather than pass, more than in any other game I have seen this season, as Milan’s forward were pressing our defence and trying to stop our possession game in its tracks, clearly a tactical choice, but which had the knock-on effect later in the game of their front end losing steam. Santo Buffon was Solid, and its time to conclude that he is happily back to near his best. 7/10.

Bonucci-

He was terribly unlucky for how gruesomely he was punished for the misplaced pass that led to the goal, but he must shoulder much of the blame. For he made a few moves forward then lost the ball in dangerous positions. Which was a shame, for he has been more dependable of late. However, he didnt let his head drop, regained his composure, and the switch to a flat back four allowed him to show his steel, for he was far better in the second half. He is still learning his trade, and this is but his third full season in Serie A…which needs to be taken into account. However, he needs to improve his decision making if he wants a future at the club. 5.5/10.

Barzagli-

Other than the tackle which earned him a yellow card, which was more the formation’s fault than his own, he increasingly reminds me of Cannavaro in his prime. Yet, even that tackle was pure Cannavaro (who is one of my favourite cultured thugs of all football history). Composed, incredibly strong, great in the air, reads the play like a Pro. 8/10.

Chiellini-

As the most adventurous of our CBs, he was stretched at times in the first half, but after the break, moving back to LB, he provided one of his finest ever 45 minutes in a Juve shirt. With barely any help on the left flank other than bit-part forages from Marchisio and Vucinic, Giorgio took it upon himself to not just own the whole side of the pitch as LB/LM/LW combined, but did more than any other to bear the weight of the whole team and charge it forward. He went into tackles like a true dog of war, let nothing go past him on the left, recovered lightning quick from any misjudgements and was for me, the only player on the pitch other than Pirlo who showed world class talent. His determination, energy, strength, stamina, speed and extreme fury is aligned with wonderful technique. I think he is actually improving under Conte. And for all those people who continuously suggest Marchisio as a future capitano, I shake my head and demand they watch this game. Against the strongest team in our league, our main rivals for the scudetto, 1-0 down, who stood up to be counted? who spit blood and tears for the cause, who refused to lie down???? It was Chiellini. I have to take something of his rating for the first half, even though it was the tactics not his inadequacies…but still…9.5/10. Truly fucking wonderful.

Lichsteiner-

Against teams without pacy, talented forwards, he is fine at RWB, as long as there is balance on the opposite flank i.e. another player who can defend. Otherwise he is not comfortable, and neither is the team, for he ends up playing as a Rm/RW. Some players can be admired for their versatility, jack of many trades, but Lich is a RB, and should be deployed where he brings the most to the team. He made hardly any tackles in the first half, then once returned to where he is at his finest, he was solid, and the RB zone was instantly more secure. The same happened on the opposite side with Giorgio. He can’t be blamed for not playing amazingly when deployed out of position. 6.5/10.

Estigarribia-

One decent shot, very few tackles, more an annoyance than a defensive menace when he tracks back, Lots of energy and enthusiasm, but little else. I like him, and would not mind if we picked him up at the end of the season for I reckon he can improve and he always gives his all…but he is a squad player, never a starter. 5.5/10

Marchisio-

In recent weeks he has gone back into his shell, guilty of the same problem I have seen in previous seasons. In games like this one, to do such a thing, to not impose himself in any way on the midfield, when we are facing off against a huge brute in Mayhem Miller’s elder brother Van Bommel, an african mercenary in Muntari and a aggressive, technically gifted Nocerino with a point to prove against his old club…is a sin. And a worrying sign for his future. Its a shame we didn’t get the indonesian warrior in January, for I am sure that it would be Marchisio’s place at threat, and when he goes through patches like this one, he would be benched. Vidal, Pirlo, Nainggolan…

would be incredibly strong. Claudio did try to get involved, but even slow, old man Pirlo showed more strength and determination against the muscle up against us. Very disappointing. 5/10

Vidal-

Naughty Vidal! But we all saw it coming didn’t we???? For a relatively little chap he puts himself about like a true scrapper, his hustling, movement and heart were quality, yet his shooting and decision making near the box were poor. Still the fact that he is happy to have a shot, even though often boyishly, like me on the field with my mates, is welcome nonetheless. His game was made harder by the invisibility suit his comrade Claudio donned for most the game. His red card offence was more for petulance than ferocity, for Pepe’s tackle soon after was far worse. Not his greatest showing for us. Needs to be more disciplined…and mature. 6/10.

Peter Pan Pirlo-

He is undoubtedly one of the best midfielders in the world game. His passing was always creative, but made harder by our first half formation and offensive selection which made it incredibly hard to find opening. His engine was superb, he was constantly involved. Tackled, covered, passed, tried to create, always made himself open for the ball. Decent as always. 7.5/10.

Borriello-

Its says everything about his game that his only two memorable moments were getting punched in the ribs by Mexes, then playing a heinously wretched misplaced pass away from Buffon for a corner. Just as well we have the OPTION of signing him, because we won’t. I remain baffled as to why he was starting in the first place. 3/10

Quagiarella-

Very hard to find space, always crowded out by Milanese defenders/midfielders, kept dragging out wide to look for the ball, and when headed to the centre, found a wall of red. showed little genius, just effort and running. 5/10.

SUBS

Pepe-

Had he not set up the goal his mark would be lower, for he did very little other than show his inability/lack of confidence in beating a man, which for a winger is far from ideal. Still, he created our equalizer and made a wickedly vicious tackle late on. 6/10.

Vucinic-

His strength helped us somewhat, as did his guile, but not enough for a game of this magnitude. Little to speak of, other than marginally more effective than borriello. 5/10.

Matri-

Conte is far from dumb. We havent got this far, unbeaten, without his drive and tactical nous. I have been thinking long and hard about why Matri doesn’t start every single game as our prima punta…and the only answer I can come up with is that of course, Conte is as aware as the rest of us that Matri is by far our most natural born goalscorer, the closest we have had to a replacement for Trez since the frenchman left…He is never going to beat players, perform fancy dribbles or skills, BUT, he finds goalscoring positions regularly, ghosts into them a la Trez, and his reactions in the box are incredibly fast…so yes, Conte is aware of this, and in the game yesterday, he opted to save Matri’s freshness for a time, when Milan were tiring. It makes sense, especially when our squad is weaker than our opponents, to consider such a risky strategy, but if that is what Conte did, I doff my virtual cap in respect. For it worked out a treat…Matri not only scored a delightfully taken equalizer, he also scored another which was wrongly denied for offside. 2 goals in 20 minutes. against Milan. at the san siro. 9/10.

Conte-

I think he set up the team for the first half with containment as the main goal, and had a different plan already in mind for the second half, before the match even started. Tire the bastards out, use some legs which aren’t our best legs, then once the opponents run out of steam, bring on the big guns, fresh and ready to take advantage. Perhaps I am paying him too much credit, but I doubt it.

Such a ploy makes his selection for the starting XI far easier to understand and accept.

Whether pre-planned or not, the change to 433 after the break, locking down our fullback zones, giving Chiellini an injection of adrenalin, then adding fresh legs and quality to the team in a staggered manner…worked a treat.

We remain unbeaten, in a great position in the league, and that Matri goal would have given a huge boost to the players and fans alike, whilst having a deflating effect on our opponents. for so long, they thought they had us…scudetto tied up…but then…Conte’s calculated risk caught up with them.

Conclusion

Milan had deliberately set out to play a high forward line and press like crazy. That much was obvious from the very start of proceedings, with Buffon rarely being given time on the ball or our defenders allowed to pick up straight from the keeper. Our possession game was attacked, but at a cost to our opponents. They dominated us in the first half, we were even if not better for the first 15-20 after the break, and then we were in the ascendancy for the remainder of the game (until Vidal went). We were supposed to exploit their lack of width, but they exploited ours at the back, time and time again.

It was a great game, a war of sorts, which taught us not much more than the squad truly has regained its belief and pride. Much of which is down to Conte, but Beppe Marotta and Paratici must also be praised for their work in bringing players to the club who have definitely raised our general levels of technique, finesse and determination to succeed.

As an aside of sorts…Mexes should be banned for many games. If a silly slap earns a 3 match ban, surely a punch in the ribs earns at least a 6 game ban? I hope so. Yet rather than ban him for any games at all, why not tie him to a pole, cut off that offensive pony tail, then let Chiellini practice his clearances on his face??? Well, that wouldn’t be much of a fight, so lets add in van bommell, and bring back Montero. 2 on 2, in a cage…

I am happy for the result and roared like a lion when we scored.

MOM- Chiellini.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Juventus 1 - 1 Chievo

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:25 am

Buffon-

No fault on the goal, seemed lively enough to deal with everything else thrown at him and was ultimately let down by those tasked with defending his area. 6/10.

Barzagli-

Was looking his imperious self until the injury which forced him off and led to a steady decline in our defensive solidity. n/a.

Chiellini-

He always has more work to do when playing alongside De Ceglie, because he has to own his CB position and constantly cover the LB zone, which wasn’t much of a problem in the first half, but once Chievo smelt blood, he had too much to do…got forward well for the assist for our slightly fortunate goal. Forced to remain on the field whilst clearly injured. 6.5/10

Lichsteiner-

Hugely missed playing behind a winger and didn’t seem his usual mountain of strength. Got forward when he could but had little support from a very defensive minded Padoin and rarely anyone playing on the right side of the front 3. He loses marks for that pathetic quadruple roll after being crunched in a tackle. I hate to see that kind of amateur dramatics from any player, especially one of our own. 5/10.

Bonucci-

Poor Leonardo! Last week he caused his own demise but this time around he cannot be blamed for the own goal. Still, the least we can see is that he doesn’t let his head drop when adversity strikes. Wasn’t even expecting to play, did little awful, played one sublime lofted through ball for giaccherini, and appeared to be somewhat calmer with his passing than in previous outings. 5.5/10

De ceglie-

After seeing how immensely solid we looked last week in the second half, with a defence of Lich/barzagli/bonucci/chiellini, why the hell did Conte bring de ceglie back in? If a unit looks solid, with the left back especially showing world class form, there is NO need to change…I am increasingly convinced that de ceglie could be useful as a LW/LM, as a back-up to better players in those positions, which we have. He took his goal well, although may have been offside and I vaguely recall him fluffing a chance earlier on. Put in a few crosses, none of which appeared aimed at anyone or anything other than the box. Faded dramatically as the game wore on, and as is always the case, every time he plays, he made our LB zone weak and flimsy. Did anyone see him make a tackle???? With his tried legs growing heavier by the second in the latter part of the second half, we became more stretched at the back…as we had no LB. I am pleased that he scored, but it bothers me immensely, and generally leads to problems, whenever we play him as a LB. 5.5/10.

Pirlo-

I simply love watching him play…far from a vintage performance, but by a country mile the most comfortable on the ball and creative player on the pitch. Had far less protection and options than usual, with Marchisio yet again drawing a blank and Vidal’s absence. A shame his rasping drive didn’t find the net…He deserves a better team around him than what was given him yesterday. 6/10.

Marchisio-

Remains bang out of form, and has been for a while now. When Vidal is back I would like to see Marrone given a game in his role, or Giaccherini. Too many times do I find myself writing ‘failed to impose himself on the midfield, which is absolutely essential for every member of a middle 3 in a 4-3-3’. Lacking confidence and/or energy, certainly not technique…needs a break perhaps. 4.5/10

Padoin-

Not exactly a no-show, but clearly still feeling his way into the formation and squad. Which makes me wonder ever more what the hell Elia is doing still kicking his heels on the bench…The strange signing from Atalanta made a few tackles, had one lovely drive at goal but otherwise seemed unwilling to venture forward or move freely across the central area of the field. 5/10.

Little goblin- ( piccolo folletto malvagio)

Worked damn hard for the duration, showed useful pace, found lots of space (partly due to de ceglie playing as a LM/LWB), was unlucky not to nick a goal and enjoyed taking defenders on. His ability to make intelligent runs is quality, as is his tendency to at least try using both feet, making him hard to defend against. Could have had a penalty…Vucinic should take a leaf out of the giaccherini chapter on Work Rate and Determination. 6/10.

Vucinic-

His worst performance all season…awful on the ball, no pace, wretched at shooting, displayed terrible awareness of the positions of his team mates, rarely ran anywhere but into trouble, then stood still, pondering a smart flick straight to the opposition…at best, out of sorts. At worst, an absolute disgrace at 15m. I recall one clever flick he made to DP late on…or was that Matri? MUST be dropped, if not executed. 2/10.

Matri-

With the only other striker having an absolute shocker, Allessandro had too many players free to chase, hustle and mark him. Worked hard, but failed to cause any damage. One to forget for our most clinical forward, but there were mitigating circumstances, such as Mirko and Claudio failing to turn up for the match. 5/10.

Caceres-

As Lichsteiner looked awful last week as a RWB/RW, it made no sense at all to bring on Martin and put Lichsteiner further up the field, when we were under the pump, all over the place defensively, the midfield was basically just Pirlo…The worst substitution I have seen Conte make this season. As for Caceres…he did little of note, and didn’t seem to understand what was expected of him. When you have two Rbs on the same flank, at least play the more adventurous one higher up, and the more solid defensively one behind him. N/a

DP-

Tried to make things happen, could have won a penalty, a few nice touches and tricks, but had not the time to make a serious impact. n/a

Conte-

Two glaring mistakes cost us the points here. Firstly, keeping Vucinic on the field for the whole match. Secondly, bringing on a RB when we already had a RB playing, and the game was calling out for more quality on the right wing and in the middle and up front. His words after the game made sense. We HAVE done amazingly well this season, but we could be doing even better. I understand the desire to remain unbeaten, but we are so close to Milan, we should be making more risks to keep up with them. 4/10.

Conclusion

Two points wasted, yet again.

A solid team can often afford to carry one player, especially if they are in the final third of the formation, but today we had to carry two, in Mirko and Claudio. At times we seemed to be playing with 9 men…Give Claudio a break. Marrone can play there, as can Giaccherini and Vidal. As for Vucinic, everything about his game was atrocious, and I care nothing for how well he does in training, he MUST be dropped. I understand and agree with the meritocracy routine, but players must earn the places not just on how they do in training during the week, but equally importantly, on how well they played in their last game.

We played well for most the first half, and were unlucky not to score a second, but as the second half came and wore on, we started to get jittery, and the subs made those jitters so much worse. We hugely missed Vidal, and also Pepe, and Barzagli when he went off. Our attack is in dire need of improvement if we are even to maintain our spot in the top three.

We now face three tricky away fixtures in a row in the league, then two incredibly tough home games. Its do or die…

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Notes on Vincenzo Iaquinta

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:57 pm

What people are getting at is romantic in a way, certainly something majestic...the idea that some footballers, our favourites, those we respect, want to play football, prove themselves over and over again as gladiators, as warriors. Ideally at Juve, but its not essential, I suggest that many of those bothered by big Vinny's apparent refusal to move clubs, are the same people, who like me, retain a passion for the players whose tenacity, heart and love of the game is the major driving force of their career. Iaquinta has been a good player. never a bad player. too often for us an injured player. If he is chronically injured I understand his motivation more easily. I respect it as well. The case with Amauri was different. He wasn't chronically injured. It makes a huge difference. Failing a fitness rating on FM of 5 or below, it diminishes the idea of Iaquinta having true passion for the game. I can't imagine he is hard up for cash. Could have still earned a decent wage elsewhere, with a near to definite pay-off from us to augment it. His goalscoring feats at Udinese and Juve have been always solid...Why stay???
If its purely for the extra financial incentives, then I understand, but it lessens him as a man and as a player to me. It also shows disrespect for the club and fans.

Some people would happily get paid huge money for doing nothing for 50-60+ hours or more per week. I am not one of them. Especially when I could still be getting paid well enough, considerably less but still 1m+ per year, to try a new city, new country, and play football every week in front of thousands of fans. Its earning well, but those hours are wasted for a passionate man.

Many fans prefer players whose hearts are full of flames burning for the club, and for the sport. Iaquinta used to be in that territory for many juventini, and now he has drifted away from the flock...

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Paolo De ceglie

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:38 am

if a player tries so hard, always shows such great determination, but has no positional sense, can't tackle, can't pass in a straight line, can't cover and regularly, even when used as a sub, makes errors that lead to us conceding, his effort, eagerness, desire is of zero consequence.

Consistently over his Juve career De Ceglie has been poor, horridly error prone. I have been saying the same thing for a couple of years now, and it brings me no joy, to finall see more and more people agreeing, but his performances speak for themselves. He is not now, never has been, never will be anywhere near the required standard to be anywhere near our first team squad let alone our first XI.

Padoin has equal tenacity and determination, and far from amazing talent, but he keeps things simple, sticks to his task, and tries, successfully, to be competent in the work asked of him. De ceglie is not a competent footballer. A chap with natural athleticism but not in any way suited to the sport he currently plays, let alone Juventus.

I'm fed up with this kind of bull$#@!...
'yeh..he did well for a half or so...put in a good cross or two...wanted to get involved...ran and ran and ran...and then he has that one bad moment, which led tot he goal...but he was great before...so dont be too hard on him, he is a good squad player and juve through and through!'

Those lines are sentimental, and best reserved for Modena and Vicenza and Crotone...His mistakes more often than not play a major part in goals we concede. That is hard to contest, and more reason than is needed to keep him the $#@! away from our bench let alone the starting XI...If Conte wasn't such an at times too arrogant and egotistical megalomaniac we would have Ziegler, a competent back up at LB and LWB. Instead we have De Ceglie and one of Conte's buddies, Peluso...Still, if Conte wasn't such an at times too arrogant and egotistical megalomaniac we wouldnt have won the league undefeated last year, topped out champions league group and remain, even after a shocking start to 2013, top of our league and still in the coppa italia.

Top teams don't continue to play players whose mistakes regularly lead to goals for the opposition.