Weedguru Sports Desk

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: Weedguru Sports Desk

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:48 am

To be updated tomorrow night
woah

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:39 am

Rossi Watch- My idol remains in a 'getting to know you and you me period' with his duke. Was with the loathsome backmarkers after the first lap of the italian motogp, but spurred on by the partisan crowd and personal sense of pride, he weaved his way magically from 12th to 6th before the finish line embraced his hot rubber. His former Yamaha team-mate Lorenzo took the victory, but I am more interested in how quickly Valentino can improve the Ducati and put himself in serious contention. The aimm ust surely be to maintain his present form as a base, from which to launch forays aimed at the podium. Its possible for him to move up the table this season, even probable, but I highly doubt we will see Rossi once again equipped with a machine and set-up which allows him to challenge for major honours until next season. Progress is slow, but solid.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:02 pm

UFC
We saw the first cruiserweight title to headline and event, and it lived up to expectations with the little guys battling and brawling... Cruz eventually avenging the only defeat of his career by beating Faber after the decision went to the judges... A very close fight. The other main draw cards saw Tito beat young up and comer Bader for his first win in about 6 years... perhaps he has staved off retirement for a little longer. The other barn burner was the Leben V Silva fight... two sluggers gave what they promised, in a short fight in which Leben got cracked... and then cracked back... and won!
Earlier... check this out from the week before....

Tennis.
Wimbeldon is over, with a new number 1 in the world. The Joker last night beat Nadal, and ended the Nadal Federer strangle hold on the trophy since 2002... which in itself is an unbelievable fact.. He ended up doing it easy... 4 set win...
The Womens saw unheralded Czech Petra Kvitova beat well known Maria Sharapova, to claim her first GS title..

Formula 1
Vettel is still dominating and the recent regulations regarding engine mapping and diffusers, seem to have little effect on slowing the bulls down... they are just too damn quick. Alonso however has shown improvement with his Ferrari coming more and more to him the longer the season goes. The Mclarens are in a bit of a stalled state, not improving and not dropping off.

MOTO GP
As animal said... Rossi is struggling with not having had as much time on his bike as he would have liked, because of the leg injury from last year...Jorge, the cocky little Spaniard won last night at Mugello, as Stoners tyres gave way and he plummeted from a clear and dominant first to 3rd in a matter of laps... Davisiso, mr consistent, stuck it out for second. Rossi was valiant after a poor qualifying, and showed his class to power through the bark markers

Union
The super 15 final is this coming weekend with the Queensland Reds to host the homeless ( due to the christchurch earthquakes) Crusaders, who have travled all over the place etching out wins... i can only hope they finish the fairytale this weekend.

until next time
woah

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:27 am

And how could i forget the Tour de France... the most beautiful race in the world
Thor currently leads with Cadel sitting a second behind, and other main rivals Contador and Schlecks not too far back
woah

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:59 am

I took in last night the second halves of Liverpool v Man U (1-1) and also Man City v Villa (4-1). Ferguson was lucky to come out of that meeting with a point, for Liverpool should have won, perhaps deserved to win. After Rooney's needless and potentially horribly costly for his country RED card last week, he seemed very subdued...but onto City, who I have watched many times this season already, not out of any perverse, previously hidden allegiance to their flag, but because...they are playing the best football in the premier league. City were beyond formidable, they were truly fucking superb. I almost felt sorry for Villa, when their enriched by dirty arab petrodollars opponents, were stringing together a passage of surely at least 40 passes, with the ONLY way to halt their flow proving a foul, then a petulant kick of the ball away...resulting in a Yellow card. This was a City team which started the game WITHOUT Silva, Tevez, Dzeko and Aguero. 4 players who make them definitely stronger. Yet they barely broke sweat during their total control of the game.

City are better than United, and will likely win the league this season. Whereas United have world class strength in some areas, with potential class in others (such as defence with the blossoming progress of Smalling, De Gea and Jones), their cross town rivals, have not only a stronger starting XI, but a hugely superior bench. They have no players in the 'blossoming progress' state, other than perhaps Richards. Every position is top drawer, and they ARE clicking, playing, at times, Barcelona-esque football. I just cannot see them fucking up, whereas United will have blips, and have a weaker squad...

I began to watch the Australian MotoGP, as alwats, with a sole interest in the fortunes of Valentino Rossi. He began ferociously, after a poor qualification position, made his way from 13th to 7th, then took down spies and hayden, only to slide off into Failure. I turned off after that, for Stoner racing miles ahead of everyone, on a bike which laps at least a second faster than all other bikes, is far from...engaging. I'd like to see Rossi on that same bike, versus Stoner. My italian cousin would crunch the aussie...At best, with better luck this season, Rossi could have achieved 4th spot. However the truth of the matter is that the Ducati is not competitive. If ridden carefully, a la Hayden, 6th-10th is always possible, even probable, but Rossi never rides carefully...he needs a machine that he can push to an Edge which few riders approach, let alone embrace. I hope the Ducati mechanics have enough numbers to deal with to allow them to provide Valentino with a beast of a bike when the MotoGP recommences in a few months time, albeit, with 1000cc engines.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:10 am

My beloved Juve are continuing to lead Serie A, whilst playing wicked football, although...my predictions remain very similar to my pre-season aims; we will finish in the top 3. Milan are simply too strong.

As for my homeland, the premiership...well...it seems far from nostradamus-esque to mention that the title will go to one of the Manchester Clubs. Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool...no chance. My $ would be on Manchester City, were I a betting man.