The Premiership...

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

The Premiership...

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:53 am

Do we have any other British Premiership fans here???if so, show yourselves...

The season is hotting up. With Chelsea continuing to impress despite the loss of their african contingent, and Terry's trauma, Man United carried onwards and ever onwards by a welcome surge upwards from the heir to the british throne Wayne Rooney, Arsenal flattering to deceive at every opportunity, the race for the title looks interesting this year.

I would likely plump for Chelsea at this stage, as would most people in the Know, but if Rooney continues in this rich vein of form, and Nani moves from sporadic to consistent, who knows eh? Perhaps the red devils can usurp their london rivals before its too late.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: The Premiership...

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:31 am

unfortunately due to no longer having foxtel, i see a lot less epl now... but i am a young gunners fan...
I do think that Man U will hunt down Chelsea in the coming weeks, and claim the title...
this is based on nothing but a gut feeling however.
woah

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:29 pm

I don't get to watch anywhere near as much as I should, mate...mainly highlights on the internet. but i DO keep intimately abreast of what is happening and to whom. Football is in my blood, not the playing as much as the supporting, and following. Though I have always loved to play.

I like your gut feeling, but I don't trust it's prophecy. Any team with Wayne Rooney as their crown prince, and Ferguson as their aging King, will always have a piece of my heart. There is more British to them...or is there? Perhaps I just like the british elements they both show in spades. But Chelski have two Coles, a Lampard and Terry...yet I don't any of them but Joe Cole. Lampard and Terry are scum. I remember seeing a video taken of Lampard when he was younger, with the lads, and a prostitute, joking about how they should fuck her with a glass bottle...a real pin-up boy eh?? Great players, both him and Terry, but human vermin in some ways which matter to me. Whereas Rooney and Ferguson, are both honourable...they mean what they say, and do what they say. And there seems nothing evil about either of them.

So, if we are talking Good v Evil, I will support Man U. but I don't think it will help...Ancelotti has them playing better than they have done since the best of the mourinho years. They have arguably, one of the finest midfields and defences in europe, and Anelka and Drogba in attack, can be too fierce for even the best of opponents to deny for 90 minutes. Still...I will go with Rooney, because he makes me proud to be an englishman.

ilk
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by ilk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:57 am

I am a Man u supporter but i honestly thought that Chelsea should have been 6-8 points ahead by this stage. I now think that Man U and Chelsea will go to the wire with Arsenal a fair way behind. I think an interesting prospect is of who will finish 4th and 5th and who will get relegated. For 4th i think Liverpool may have experience in the back end of the season to sew it up. Its an extremely close on the bottom end also. I want to see Bolton with Portsmouth go down as they have not progressed, its better to see new teams given a chance and freshen things up.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:07 am

are newcastle set to come back up to the premiership?
woah

ilk
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by ilk » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:47 pm

Yep looks like they will. they can drop off into third but that is extremely unlikely they should take first spot

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:43 am

Its a crying shame for you, mr ilk, what happened over the weekend, but for near neutrals, such as myself, it opens up the battle into an exciting 3 way race for the title. These blips are expected. Especially with an Everton team who have underperformed for the furst half the season and recently have finally hit a rich vein of form. Also, Evertone hate you...hohoho! Still, I stick to my guns, as I am a Rooney supporter from tit to toe, so I hope your bous recover their focus and once again, make a charge for the summit...

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:40 am

it would appear the premiership became even closer after the weekends events...
enjoyed the non handshake too
woah

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:31 am

Terry is a nasty, vicious thug of a man. Which goes a long way to understanding why he is a world class centre back. It would sicken me to learn that the mother of my child had been taken by such human vermin.

Indeed, Scarf, the chelski machine got done, and the two red cards are hardly indicative of a stable, happy camp.
Bridge should have chinned the fucker, but he would have got pummelled. So, on balance, he handled the occasion with dignity.

ilk
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by ilk » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:19 am

Wow we have a wonderful title race and race for fourth spot it will be interesting to see how it will all plan out.
Arsenal are slightly behind but have the easiest run home but i dont think they will clinch the title. Im hoping man u can keep grinding results out a pip chelhsea to top spot. I hope that chelsea players will all be rattled with the john terry and ashely cole afair and slip up a bit.

As for fourth i belive man city and liverpool have a better run home compared to tottenham and aston villa and therefore it should be out of them. The relegation battle will run to the last day and its very hard to pick what will happen from now to the end of the season.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:10 am

Kenny, you mean 'pan out' not fucking 'plan out'...Adversity has as much chance as pulling a team together as it does of pulling them apart. SO the Terry and Cole debacles could go either way. And Ancelotti is far from incapable of dealing with powerful egos. I wouldn't put much value in the suggestion of their traumas derailing the chelski locomotive.

As for the top 4...Everything for your boys in red depends on Rooney remaining healthy. Chelsea and Arsenal don't have such a reliance on one player. But then again, neither team has a player as capable of winning game after game after game singlehandedly...The fact that you are still deploying Neville should worry your sense of Reason, though not your heart as I know you adore him as a true Red hero.

Agreed, its exciting this season. Much more exciting than Serie A, where my beloved Juve continue to falter. I doubt that Arsenal have the mettle to remain in the mix for the title until the very end, so it will be between you and chelsea. In regards to the fixtures, I really don't see it as worth looking at, because when Chelsea and Rooney play well, nobody can stop them. But if you really want my opinion...

Chelsea>
Hammers H 3
Blackburn A 3
Portsmouth A 3
Villa H 3
Manchester United A 0
Bolton H 3
Spurs A 0
Stoke H 3
Liverpool Scum A 3
Wigan H 3
24 points

Man U>
Wolves A 3
Fulham H 3
Liverpool Scum H 3
Bolton A 3
Chelski H 3
Blackburn A 3
City A 1
Spurs H 1
Sunderland A 3
Stoke H 3
26 points

Leaving....Chelsea 85points, Manchester United 86 points

With the title decider when you play each other.