The world game..FooTbALL

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: The world game..FooTbALL

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:59 am

but mate...did you see the icing on the cake goal which Henry scored???? ( i agree with everything you wrote...although their defence lacks a natural born warrior leader of the Tony Adams ilk).
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:05 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK ARSENAL!!! what the flying shit are they doing?!?!?!?

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:36 am

Not much, sugar...which is of no surprise. RVP and Henry are different. Sure enough they tend to seek out similar spaces, but RVP makes up for his lack of speed of body (compared to the Henry in his prime) with more genius in his mind.

The premiership has been OK of late. I hope that spurs get 3rd. Would be a wonderful achievement. As for the winners??? Likely City. Especially now YaYa has returned as well as Tevez to soon be back in the fold, as in playing.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:11 pm

it soothes me to see Arsenals stellar result against Tottenham. Especially after that dismal display in Italy. I am hoping for a 3rd place, and I think it is very much in reach, but it pains me that we have most probably been knocked out of CL. Although being beaten by Milan isn't that bad, the result of that match is just not good enough!

tweedos
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by tweedos » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:02 am

All we have to play for now is 3rd spot. We cant let the scum aka Tottenham finish above us!

Apparently Podolski has passed a medical for us so that will be great news if we get him.

Also hearing, we are very interested in bringing in Gotze, which would actually make me have a little sex wee.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Although Podolski is an excellent player, I don't think that's where Arsenal is lacking. I think what's needed is a creative midfield.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:41 am

Song seems to be improving drastically in midfield, and as for Podolski...Arsenal surely need a reliable forward to take the huge reliance from RVP's boots. Gervinho and Chamak have done nothing of note. Walcott is world class, for 1 in every 15 games...A more solid defence, some support for Song and a second quality striker.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 am

Reading has WON the championship!!!! HUZZAH! next year will be hard pressed for which team to support the most, Reading or Arsenal. but I guess I can be content with rooting for Reading to stay in PL and Arsenal going for gold!

good times either way.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:14 am

Quality result for Juve last night in their 1-6 away stomping of poor Pescara...Quagiarella grabbed a hatrick, with a superb overhead kick as the pick of the bunch>

And my beloved Gillingham laboured awfully to a 2-2 away draw to struggling Plymouth.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:23 am

the much maligned Matri seems back in form, scoring even without his boot in last night-s 2-0 victory for Juve over Fiorentina.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:05 am

Galatasaray's Selcuk Inan Scores Bizarre Backheel Own Goal

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:15 am

My long suffering Gillingham are floundering under new manager Peter Taylor. After winning the league last term this season has become a nightmare. It seems strange to be so comfortable in league two, so lacking quality in league one. Had Mad Dog Allen stayed, would we be better off?? I am unsure. Suffice to say, the rest of the season is going to be a struggle to survive.

As for my beloved Juve...they have certainly turned a corner in the last month. Regained the top spot in the league and finally remembered how to defend. This evening we play the filthy turks of Galatasaray, and a draw will be enough to progress to the next round of the champions league.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:37 am

The Champions League has been interesting for Arsenal, where they face quite stiff competition, but I must say I never thought I would see the group stage ending with Marseille on 0 points, quite extraordinary. I think this was one of the first times (atleast it was for Arsenal (I think I heard)) that a team had 12 points and this point but still not guaranteed a spot in the final two.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:32 am

Wenger has his troops firing on all cylinders, and finally believing, that they can combine to not just match, but better, the best of opponents. A huge amount of that stems from the arrival and subsequent performances of the odd eyed Ozil. But aside from this actual input, his mere presence seems to have led to a massive improvement in terms of belief. Which is so so so so important. Look at United! The same squad which won the league last term, is now floundering, and what has changed??? Have they lost their key players??? NO NO NO... Ferguson has left, but none of the players who won them the league. The writing is on the wall for Moyes and his men turned boys.

As for Arsenal...two sides have the depth and quality to overtake them and charge towards triumph. Pellegrini is a wily warrior, and has the most solid squad in the premiership. Mourinho has yet to have Chelsea firing on all cylinders, but remains in the mix. It is those two sides which, I believe, will fight for the title.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:38 am

I agree with you. Arsenal has displayed some fantastic form, but unfortunately, they do not have the breadth in their squad like Chelsea and Manchester Shitty. Atleast not in the same way that Shitty and Chelsea do. I hope Moyes gets the benefit of the doubt in Manchester United. It's not easy taking over a club that has been managed by such an iconic figure as Sir Alex Ferguson. I think another season in Manchester United would turn things around for him. But it's hard to say if that is acceptable for Manchester United. - Will we see the beginning of the fall of the Manchester United we know you think? Maybe in the same way that Leeds United did in their time.