Weight gain

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

GAZ
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Weight gain

Post by GAZ » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:52 am

I've decided to start doing weights in the hope of getting big.lol. My body is fairly 'toned' but im not exactly muscely (sp? im sure its wrong). Can anyone on here give me any useful tips about lifting? Do them weight gain drinks actually work? I dont really have much fat to turn to muscle so If i lift atm will it all be a waste of time?
If You Want To Get Ahead, Get A Gaz.

[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]

tweedle

Post by tweedle » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:46 pm

I wanted to start doing weights aswell. I think Higher is the guy for this

BGDetroit

Post by BGDetroit » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:17 pm

Protien, You need protein.

You can get protien substances at like GNC or stores like it. Its a powder substance, They give you a little mesauring cup thing. Make two drinks a day, With 2 mini cup things of protien in it a day and you'll deff see results after a few weeks or a month.

Heres a link for this "Whey Protien", Alot of body builders use this shit.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/whey.html

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/4ever/fruit.html

Otherwise, Jus eat more food that contains high protien and workout hard to burn off the fat of the foods.

Six mini meals a day is ideal.

tweedle

Post by tweedle » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:23 pm

Thanks for the advice. Anyone got a good routine to go by as I have no clue whatsoever

BGDetroit

Post by BGDetroit » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:34 pm

tweedle wrote:Thanks for the advice. Anyone got a good routine to go by as I have no clue whatsoever
You want to work out every area of your body, All the main muscle groups. But many new people who start working out, Tend to workout all in a day, Or do more then one major muscle group in a day.

To do it more correctly, You want to workout one major muscle group, Take a day off, Then next day work on a different major muscle group ect ect.

www.abcbodybuilding.com is a good site for information on body building.

Heres a link from that site, Telling you basic princibles to follow.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/10comandments.php

Another thing would be, To check out the forums at that site. You can go there, Join up, Tell them what your weighing in at, Your age. Your height. And then your goals. And they'll help you set up a workout routine.

Heres a link to the forums.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/forum/ub ... ?Cat=0&C=5

And if you look around that site, Theres many workout guides and routines posted. Im sure you'll find one that suits your needs.

Here's another link that has many articles on body building. Your going to want to read as much about bodybuilding as you can if you want to seriously get into it. Bodybuilding is a all or nothing kind of thing. You have to go through the uncomfterable stage to get where you want to be.

Heres one workout routine from askmen.com.

http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuildi ... s_tip.html

tweedle

Post by tweedle » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:46 pm

I dont wanna become some big body builder, I just wanna get bigger, tone up abit, get some more muscle but thanks for the info

BGDetroit

Post by BGDetroit » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:51 pm

tweedle wrote:I dont wanna become some big body builder, I just wanna get bigger, tone up abit, get some more muscle but thanks for the info
Body building is what its called when you build your body up. What your doing is still considered body building.

Becoming one of them huge dudes you seen in magazines would take alot of work, Neither of us feel like doing that. :lol:

But seriously, All ive told you wont make you super ripped like you dont want to be. It all matters on the intensity of your workout.

What these huge body builders do is intesity overload, Which is doing it your workout to the maximum. Every set of workout you do you do to failure, WHich means till you cant even lift the weight any more. I dont reccomend that for you.

What ive told you earlier i do reccomend.

Take it slow and steady and you wont get to ripped if you dont want too.

Start out working out 2 times a week. Say a monday and a thursday, Or something similar, You want them to be far apart so your body has time to rest.

And do a cardio workout 1-2 times a week on your days off. Running, Jogging, Biking, Swimming, Playing sports. Anything.

You'll get fitter and more toned. You'll build some muscle. But not overloading it like you seem to think.

tweedle

Post by tweedle » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:54 pm

Yeah, I think Im gonna start on saturday and then again on wednesday. Good advice man, have some seeds

hashpipe
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Post by hashpipe » Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:14 pm

and discipline man, you wont get a bit buffer if your gonna do 2 minutes a day and 9 hours the day afterwards
jah is everywhere...give thanks and praise

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: Weight gain

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:07 pm

GAZ wrote:I've decided to start doing weights in the hope of getting big.lol. My body is fairly 'toned' but im not exactly muscely (sp? im sure its wrong). Can anyone on here give me any useful tips about lifting? Do them weight gain drinks actually work? I dont really have much fat to turn to muscle so If i lift atm will it all be a waste of time?
Ansewering that question is about as long as reading a book!

Yes those shakes are good. You need to take shakes that contain high levels of protein and creatine would also be good for you.

Do you work out in a real gym or in your home with a couple dumbells?

jonny cockeral
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by jonny cockeral » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:17 pm

what do you have to do if you want to be a bit fater, i consider myself skinny as fuck, and no matter how many times a day i go to maccy d's or how many fry ups i eat im not getting any fatter.
Cameron.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:29 pm

Easiest way to put on muscle that makes you "Look bigger" Is to do supersets. For example on one set work your biceps on the other set work your triceps, taking one minute breaks between sets. The higher number of reps per set you do with lighter weight will tone you more as to where the lower number of reps with heavier weights will build your strength. Iv'e been training for the last six years, six days a week either doing cardio or weight lifting. If anyone has some more of a personal area they would like to work or a specific goal PM me and I will try and help you out.

BTW I'm majoring in Athletic Training, and Human Performance and Fitness so I don't just make all my stuff up outta the blue. Also used to powerlift with the world record holder for bench press in his weight category.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Shwoot » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:08 pm

Can somebody find me a website with a detailed description on how to do squats? or just tell me how to do it?
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:13 pm

Toes pointed outwards feet little more then shoulder width apart. While your squatting look up above at an imaganary point assume your looking at a 45 degree angle upwards. Squat either to parrallel or below parrallel the lower you go the better for you. Keep an average tempo of 4020 that is about four seconds to lower the weight down, zero seconds at the bottom, two seconds to bring the weight back up, and zero seconds pausing with the weight at the top.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Shwoot
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Shwoot » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:16 pm

How much weight should I do, and how/where should I hold it?
[img]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b42/Pron88/mandyedt.jpg[/img]