Boxing

Chat about sports you watch or partake in here.

Moderator: Moderators

2pac
Casual toker
Casual toker

Boxing

Post by 2pac » Tue May 24, 2005 11:13 pm

I want to start boxing. I have been not do any sports lately. I am just going to backyard box. If anybody else boxes. If anybody knows any good traing tips for better boxing.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed May 25, 2005 2:12 am

heavy bag
Start at six rounds at three minutes in every round with one minute rest between rounds.

Work your way up to twelve rounds at three minutes with one minute of rest.

Run every day or sprint every day. Sprint for around 30 seconds straight then rest for 30 seconds. Then go again do a good number of those.

Speed bag just get used to timing on it keep hitting it and try different combinations.

Shadow boxing is great for learning to place your punches stand in front of a mirror and throw punches but also move and act like your blocking what the mirror is doing.

Also Jumping rope seems to help quite a bit.

Boxing is an Aneoribic sport which means that instead of constantly using your breath your basically working on no breath for a longer period of time. Thats why jump rope and sprinting is very important.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:25 pm

Damn just finished 12 rounds on the heavy bag and damn do I feel much better, cleaned out you could say. Im getting ready for a swim now then its off to work till midnight. Ill tell ya if you need to releive stress do some boxing it helps loads.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:44 pm

I just got a flashback from my stay at this group home in Montreal back when I was 14. We all had access to the local YMCA and when we were feeling agrssive or there was too much static in the air, they would send us over there to punch on the heavy bags...with no gloves!! Usually wound up kicking the shit out the thing until someone would come over and crap at us!

SladeHino
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SladeHino » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:42 am

Eh.. I was gonna make a post but found one in search. But I too am thinking about boxing, I'm 180-185, and not completely overwieght but it's not all mucsles if you know what i mean lol. Whats some ways to work out to not lose weight but get myself at a better muscular build I guess, I know ima have to quit smoking cigerattes and excersise and junk. But any tips on what to do, and stuff. Im probably gonna get in better shape, and stuff first, then learn from my step dad, and then from my grandpas friend, then go take boxing classes after I learn some other stuff to throw in with my boxing. But other then that, I want to get some tips on how to get built better for boxing, then worry about boxing itself skills. Anybody know how I could help achieve this.
Qapow.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:05 am

Try supersets. Basically this means doing one set of some lift, then doing another, then going back to the original. Do this for a few sets. (EX: do a set of squats, rest a miniute, then do a set of bench press or something similar, the idea is to rest the opposite part of the body you have just done the set before, so you can get some different combination for different parts of the body.)

If your looking to get lean and mean do some sprints, 40 yards to start out with and work your way up to 100 yards. Do 10-20 windsprints on alternate day of your lifts and you should shape up fine.

Also I will go back to it again, if you want to pack on muscle while still getting lean, I really really really suggest hitting a punching bag for twelve round three miniutes a round resting 1 min between each round. The heavy bag works out every muscle in your body and gives you one hell of an anerobic/areobic workout. I really suggest just getting on the punching bag, bring some music you like, plug it in, and just go.

Remember all physical activity is 90 percent mental/psychological, 10 percent physical. Therefore if you think you can reach your goal you probably will. Keep training, keep a strict schedule, and above all else eat right!

With a little training and self control you can turn into one badass machine! So best of luck man, and post on how it goes.

SladeHino
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SladeHino » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:34 am

Thanks man. The lean in mean part was funny. But lol I just kinda wanted to go in there and fight a good fight. And hope I don't get the hell beat out of me. If so, keep trying lol. But I kinda wanted to atleast get a better physicalness if thats a word lol. Thanks agian.
Qapow.

juliennepeters
Casual toker
Casual toker

Re: Boxing

Post by juliennepeters » Fri May 07, 2010 7:40 am

I also have just started boxing and these videos were the best i have heard they will help me succeed. check this link http://www.theonetwopunch.com/tips.htm