When will the flowers appear???

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

When will the flowers appear???

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:12 am

My friend has been growing his auto flowering seeds for a couple of months now. At first under a cheap CFL light...then out in the garden, for the Melbourne summer sunshine. They continue to grow. One is 4 ft tall, yet there are some brown dead leaves at the bottom of the stem, and a small number of leaves have a yellow tinge. What does this mean???

I have advised him to take the brown leaves OFF, also any yellow leaves, Is this good advice??

The only fertilizer he is using is basic from the local garden store. He was going to start digging into the soil of the pot, potatoe peelings and other fruit and veg waste from the kitchen...Is this a good idea??

The pot of his largest plant is around 30 cm tall and a similar breadth. Is this ok???
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: When will the flowers appear???

Post by Weedguru Higher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:09 am

Well I don;t have any experience growing autoflowering strains, but I can say that it's ok to remove the brown/yellowing leaves. If the leaves are just on the bottom of the plant, then it's normal. The plant concentrates it's energy towards the tops and new growth, thus letting some insignificant bottom leaves die off.

Don't dig into the pot to much..you don't want to tear apart the root system. Dunno bout the potatoes and veggie waste, but I'm thinking it's pretty much pointless unless it's composted materials

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:00 am

I think it's a bit ironic that what is supposed to be such a hardy plant is so sensitive and easy to kill.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:06 am

Cheers for the words...it as as you say, Higher...the yellow/ brown leaves are right at the bottom of the stem. Everything above is a happy, healthy green...but no sign of flowers???
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:24 am

Well I don't know anything about the growing season in Australia...

Flowering occurs when light is there is atleast 12 hours of darkness....more than that and it will remain in the vegetative state