when do females make seeds?

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

tim
Casual toker
Casual toker

when do females make seeds?

Post by tim » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:47 am

it has buds and has trichomes all over it, but it started growing these balls and i was worried they were pollen sacks. also a mate told me it might be a hermi. anyway i just had another look and some of them were opening up a little and i think they have seeds inside, but they are not fully developed yet. also these balls have trichlomes on them.

so if these are seeds does that mean it got pollinated? there are no other plants near so it must be a hermi?
how can you tell when seeds are ready or fully developed?
and does this mean the bud is usless?
i heard hermis make only female seeds so if it is then i definataly want to get them.

please someone answer, im realy scared!

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: when do females make seeds?

Post by blackxs » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:09 pm

If you EVER see BALLS and not HAIRS on your plant, CHOP THE PLANT IMMEDIATELY

1) If it was pollinated it will not grow good buds that you will enjoy smoking - once pollinated, the plant uses its resources on developing the seeds, not towards THC and CBD production.

2) Hermi plants do produce "female-only" seeds, but those seeds carry the same weak genetics as the mother - meaning, they will also hermi, and you will never get good buds out of this line of plants. Feminized seeds are really a gimmick, and should be avoided - they have an overwhelming tendency to hermi, and hermis can and will ruin your entire grow

3) Those are not seeds you see developing. Havent you ever bought some buds, picked apart a nug, and found a seed buried inside? The seed develops inside the flower (the bud itself) it does not develop where you would normally expect gender-identifying hairs to grow. The fact you let them get to the point that they opened up means all females in the area are now pollinated (whether they are gendered or not yet, the pollen is in the air, on the plant, and they will grow seeds)

Fighting hermis and seeds is the biggest hurdle new growers will face. Poor growing conditions, stress from various things, high heat... all those can cause hermis.

That grow is effectively dead in the water.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

Weedguru_RyaNayR
The Duke of Dope
The Duke of Dope

Re: when do females make seeds?

Post by Weedguru_RyaNayR » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:49 am

Idk man... I've smoked some of the dankest shit around, and sometimes you find like 1 small seed in an eighth, But it's some of the best shit ever. and sometimes it's seedless but it's just average potency. So, idk. I think if it's not too many seeds it's not fuckin' DOOMED, It's just not perfect. 1 seed does not = Failure.

10 seeds though, ehhh. it'd be kinda shitty, but still good to sell as Mid grade shit...