Whats wrong with these plants

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

its4myhed
Casual toker
Casual toker

Whats wrong with these plants

Post by its4myhed » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:11 pm

How can you help if I can't upload a pic of the problem? My camera won't take a 256KiB photo. My plants have started to look like potato plants i.e. leaves have 1 maybe 2 fingers when they should have 5-7. What looked like buds is nothing but new leaf growth. Some plants look normal and others look like shit. They all started out looking like traditional plants. They are all supposed to be rasberry kush and even though they don't look right they do smell like tasty morsels should smell. They have been in the ground for 7 1/2 weeks already. I shouldn't have started so early but I did. Any ideas what is going on and what I should do to insure it doesn't continue. Or should I just let em grow and see what happens?

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Re: Whats wrong with these plants

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:56 am

id just let them keep growing and see what happens.
but in the mean time you should try to get a pic some how.

its4myhed
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by its4myhed » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:34 am

I have pics but when I try to post them I get a "this file is too big" notice that includes something about the max size can't be larger than 256KiB. Thats pretty limited because the smallest single pic I have is like 2.10MB. If I change the setting on my camera I think the photo would just look like a blurred smudge. I'll try again in the morning and see what happens.

its4myhed
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by its4myhed » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:25 pm

my little garden 001.jpg
my little garden 001.jpg (114.07 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
Heres a couple of pics of what I'm talkin bout.
my little garden 004.jpg
my little garden 004.jpg (90.96 KiB) Viewed 1667 times

its4myhed
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by its4myhed » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:32 pm

and heres a couple more.
my little garden 006.jpg
my little garden 006.jpg (96.23 KiB) Viewed 1667 times
my little garden 002.jpg
my little garden 002.jpg (111.23 KiB) Viewed 1667 times

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:33 pm

i dont think those are weed plants at all.
where did you get them from?

i think you were scammed :(

its4myhed
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by its4myhed » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:47 pm

Well they smell like it and they looked like it when I planted them. They didn't begin looking like this until after I topped them and clipped the early sun leaves turning them into bushes. If you look real close you can even see the female hairs at the base of each little branch. Heres a close up so you get a better look.
my little garden 007.jpg
my little garden 007.jpg (66.23 KiB) Viewed 1666 times
my little garden 005.jpg
my little garden 005.jpg (93.69 KiB) Viewed 1666 times

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:53 pm

I don't know much about growing, but I think indoor growers force the plant into flowering by changing the light cycle. I don't know exactly how you would force flowering in an outdoor grow but I think it's possible, try looking it up. Or maybe someone who grows can come along and respond. Best of luck.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

its4myhed
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by its4myhed » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:27 pm

I believe I have gotten the answer I was looking for through a different forum. Appearantly my plants are going through the "revedging" process. I planted too early and they began to flower to soon. So as a result I should be blessed with some very bushy plants loaded with mas buds. Ahhhh, living in the throws of abundance. I like abundance almost as much as a good alapdance. ChaChaChing

its4myhed
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by its4myhed » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Ikku wrote:I don't know much about growing, but I think indoor growers force the plant into flowering by changing the light cycle. I don't know exactly how you would force flowering in an outdoor grow but I think it's possible, try looking it up. Or maybe someone who grows can come along and respond. Best of luck.
They actually have created a term that is used to describe the end result of what my plants are going through. Someone has descovered that if you clip a plant for cloning while it is flowering it stops flowering. Then if you are able to get it to take root and introduce it to longer periods of light the plant will begin to form new branches and basically triple in size even without topping. If you top it you could have plants like these which will reflower and then each branch can produce as much as a single plant. This is what is known as "Monster Cropping" because the plants produce 6 and sometimes seven times as much product in the same amount of time and space as a single plant. They're talking about plants that can produce 10-12 pounds of buds. And to think I was about to get rid of these odd looking bushy weeds. Phew!!!!