INTERESTING QUERY ON A LIGHT PROBLEM

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

Toad6969
Why Hello There !

INTERESTING QUERY ON A LIGHT PROBLEM

Post by Toad6969 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:13 pm

I have an area that is 10’ by 20’ that is perfectly suited for a six plant Indica grow. Problem is that due to security this area receives direct sunlight at various times of the day due to shading. Question is will my 250 watt HPS security light (which does not affect seeing the plants as they are blocked off from view) help the grow with this night light due to my somewhat limited direct sunlight during the day. This HPS light is located directly over my grow site (within a very few feet).
Needless to say this is during the veg stage only, HPS night light will be turned off during flowering…..thanks all as I am new to your forum…and Hey All!

Also let it be known that I used the forums search engine to get my answer, with no close results...again thanks
:rasta:

Toad6969
Why Hello There !

Re: INTERESTING QUERY ON A LIGHT PROBLEM

Post by Toad6969 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:32 pm

I see views but no advice? Is it my breath?

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Wed May 04, 2011 4:49 pm

Sorry Toadster, I don't really know. To me, putting lights on an outdoor grow is a terrible idea. You have to worry about the weather, not to mention you said you would be using the lights at night which just would seem too risky to me. You seem confident you won't get caught so I see no reason not to do it unless it doesn't work, but maybe one of the experts can help there...
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

Toad6969
Why Hello There !

Post by Toad6969 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks for the info, no legal problem here, can grow plants (six minimum) due to medical prescription, and have no fear of rip off due to being where I am located. Actually came up with some info that seems to answer my problem. Just currently splitting time between indoors and outdoors (anyone think that is too much light at this teen-age stage 24 hrs straight, seems to be working great). It was recommended that I take the veg as far as I can (plants as large as I can) indoors then move them into my described shaded grow area (remembering that it does get direct sunlight during various times of the day) and they should flower and due just fine.

Sound correct to you?