First time grower help needed, Please

The place to seek help for sick plants, and general growth related topics

Moderator: Moderators

bosshogstilsmokin
Why Hello There !

First time grower help needed, Please

Post by bosshogstilsmokin » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:24 pm

Hello to all. I'm a first time grower who's praying for a miracle (any success at all! haha). I'm on a vacation of my desire after being laid off from my past career. I handled fiances properly and that's why I'm able to take the summer to myself. My roomie and I have saved roughly 8 seeds over the past year. I've always been intrigued about growing and have decided this was the perfect time to give it a shot. We are college age guys who are living in a nice neighborhood in a college town. We have tons of forest and prime prairie land all around or neighborhood, merely 1/4 mile away! I've been doing my own research and am new to this board. The Weed Guru has given me a world of knowledge, however I'm struggling to piece the entire process from the start to finish for me. A dumbie proof method that I could get at least enough for 1 spliff of my own homegrown! I want to do as much of the process as possible outside and the sooner I can get the baby out of the house the better! I plan on using the glass water method to test the seeds and germination. If any of those doesn't sound right please correct me. My first concern and rightfully so, is to get as many beans to sprout as possible. I appreciate any and all opinions and knowledge. Thanks in advance!!

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: First time grower help needed, Please

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:16 am

Hello and welcome to weedguru!

You might wanna read this

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=26640

There's no dumbie proof way to grow weed. Outdoors there are so many factors that can affect your plants (Cops, thieves, animals, bugs, weather, water etc) The key to successful marijuana growing is knowledge..there more you read the better. There's so much stuff to be said, it can't be covered in a simple post. The more research and effort you put into your grow, the better the results you will have.

If you haven't already, I suggest you check out the growing guides section...there's pretty much something about most everything there. If after you have any more specific questions, then feel free to come back here and ask away , that's what we're here for!

You are correct about the germination part. It is best if you can grow the plants out a little before before popping them outside. Wee little seedlings are very fragile. All you would need is a flourescent or CFL lamp. If that's impossible then of course you can plant the germed seeds right into the soil

csak
Why Hello There !

Post by csak » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:43 am

Iam also a new grower from south of africa.i would like to know which nutrients are the best to use.advanced nutrition or general hydroponics.pliz help

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:59 pm

No one can tell you that. We can give you recommendations, sure, but everyone's going to have a different opinion. I personally like Technaflora, but it's all I know.

traetraetrae
Why Hello There !

need help starting my crop =]

Post by traetraetrae » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:36 am

Ok so i live in Texas but im about to move to Colorado shortly and get a medy-card and i was wondering if there was any additional documents or cards to grow my own plants? if so how do i get them? :stoned2: