Sykonots 3rd indoor grow attempt/bagseed again

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

thomic1
Bonghead
Bonghead

Re: Sykonots 3rd indoor grow attempt/bagseed again

Post by thomic1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:13 pm

My my how they've grown Sy... Looks like your invention worked pretty damn good!!!

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:17 pm

Yep just following directions,I got about 7 gallons in the Rez and I have the foxfarm trio,grow big,tiger bloom and big bloom..I add 3tsp of grow big and 1tbl of big bloom to a gallon for now wich is around 21 tsp and 7 tbl lol

I have a 8in airdrome on the bottom of the Rez,and 2 other small sitatunga near the center of the Rez,roots are starting to grow into the Rez from the bottom of the net cups"plastic cups I melted a lot of holes into"

Idk how long I'll veg but if things keep looking like they do now I'll just grow till they're near 2 1/2 ft tall then I'll bud figuring I'll get a good 5-6 ft plant at the end I'll be happy,hoping for crystalized nuggets

The cups are filled with rocks/pebbles from n the yard,there clean
The water n the Rez is around an inch r so over the bottom of the cups so the have a nonstop supply of nutes and the airstones giving a good bit of bubble off so more than enough oxygen is being pumped in..

Also I planted 6 seeds I sprouted into some soil"forgot to get a pic" and they will be replacing any males I may get in the bubbleponic setup,if things change I'll just clone the 5 I already have growing and just use that and minster crop the shit out of them lol
Bop bop beech

thomic1
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by thomic1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Do you get much rain there? Because I've noticed a peak when I drench them with "real" water... But man, those girls are vigorous!!! What strain was that again? As for the males... I personally don't believe in killing, unless you kill me first.... lol anyways, I'm going to take my males (when I find them) and replant them out in the wild. 'Course, living in the hills has it's benefits too... lol
You've seen my soil grow, and from what Jorge Cervantez says and a lot of other ppl that kinda know what they're doing, reports ALL say that "soil" is THE BEST way to go about this. Even though "hydro" was invented and all that, (and no, I've not tried it) from the research I've done up to date, I'm still dumbfounded as to why ppl utilize that method rather then soil...
What's the thing that attracts someone to this way rather than soil? Is it the lite exposure or... just the uniqueness of it all?

thomic1
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by thomic1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:07 pm

Got another ? for ya Sy...

Why bagseed?

T

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:39 pm

To broke to buy seeds and the few sites that ships to the u s is kinda expensive.. I always wanted to grow good quality seeds but unless I find some one around that grows and has extras or n e thing I would get it if I could afford the price"I don't have n e one around here to go to for it"it's lame and sucks bad but I do wit what I have..can't complain but it would be nice to have the good shit..

And I like soil grown but u also at the same time have to appreciate the hydro methods which hives u a faster growth,harvest sooner,gotta love the nuggets that it'll grow,fully crystalized and taste cleaner..especially if it's organic the taste,smell,looks I mean I just love it and also I find it easier to just fill a resovoir and just check it every couple days instead of having to constantly worry about them drying to much in a soil grow if I'm not home or around,it's just easier on me and besides like this I don't have to worry about buying crappy soil that almost always have a problem

Just simply fill the Rez add nutes n make sure airstones are properly n place,and add the lid with all the plants back..3-4 days later check out the waterline and replace any missing water..I also must add in I don't have to constantly flush just replace every week r two
Bop bop beech

thomic1
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by thomic1 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:35 pm

So would that explain the sea of green everyone's doin' these days, just for the speed of production? (the economical things I fully understand and appreciate). Just seems like that would cost more to produce since you're limited on the output a youngin' can produce in that given time frame where as a more mature plant would produce more, especially if you start utilizing techniques such as "fim" to enhance that. The 'time' thing I can understand if it's just 'weed' you're growing. I don't know, I guess it's a "noob" thing that raises these questions and the side of the fence you stand upon that dictates which direction you go. Some like quantity, some like quality... Still though, your girls look awesome!!! (stop salivating!!!) lol
v

T

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:41 am

Hydro's got a few more benefits than speed of production. Off the top of my head:
  • * You can monitor the exact nutrient level, which makes it easier to get in the "prime range."
    * You can fluctuate pH very easily, improving the plant's ability to absorb certain nutrients which could be almost completely locked out otherwise.
    * You don't need to flush in the case of nutrient burn; just siphon and replace the solution or dillute it to the appropriate TDS level.
    * Water restricts movement a great deal less than soil, meaning faster growth (not 100% on this, but it does have much faster growth).
    * Much less maintenance, depending on your setup (I use a DWC bubbler).
I personally think hydro is more beginner-friendly than soil since everything is so easily monitored and problems are so easily fixed. I know people will disagree with me on this point, however.

In a ScroG (not SoG) setup, you'll get a higher yield than you would with a SoG unless you have a ton of plants. You simply veg until your plant fills the screen out, then flip. Lots of top colas!
:bong: It's kind of like each of your shoots is a plant in a SoG grow. Legally, this has obvious benefits.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:50 pm

Sog"sea of green" it basically speeds production without much difference in the bud,u grow more plants in an area and veg less time before flowering,instead o having a couple big plants that veg forever u just do a sog and u have more plants so u get around the same yield as the larger,fewer plant grow would with less time..
Bop bop beech

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Except with a SoG you run the legal risk of being caught with fifty plants instead of one or two in a ScroG, though the ScroG plants are much bigger.

I'd imagine SoGs are a whole lot easier to keep organized, though.

Most, if not all states have a restriction on the amount of plants you can have, but not the size of them, so the difference between 10 plants and 11 plants could be a long time and a stretched asshole.

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:53 am

so how are the girls growing?

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:16 am

There doing ok,on my gfs phone right now so no pics yet,I tried to fim a few branches just to see what I'll get,roots are really starting to grow into the Rez now and al is well

And yes a scrog is less of a chance to get ya brown eye stretched and turned purple n shit lol and I Agree on growing lees is sometimes more and higher yielding

I been thinking about flowering early and once I find what's males and what's females I'll just cut the males and clone the females then simply veg again which should also make them branch being they will be somewhat flowering when I re veg..
Any thoughts on it?should I?
Bop bop beech

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:58 am

I don't think you'd run into any problems re-vegging, but I don't know much about that. Only thing I could see going wrong is stunted growth for a while.

You can still sex the plants in veg, though I don't think that's always the case. Is there any reason you can't just wait until it's time to switch to weed out the lads?

Growing clones that started off already flowering is a method that's shown good results in the past. I'm sure you could google information on it: http://google.com/search?q="flowering+clone"

Just an idea instead of a re-veg, which may or may not (I have no clue) take longer.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:01 am

I re vegged my last grow they were clones from a mother plant thy was flowering for 21-22 days and it branches out like crazy so I just might do that do I no in the end all my efforts will reward me wit all females loaded in crystalized yummy buds that will be the best grow I've done yet so wish me luck I think I'll switch the hour tomorrow I'll keep everyone updated
Bop bop beech

thomic1
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by thomic1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:03 am

You're right on target JTP; that's exactly what I intend to do with this first cycle. I've read that you can take a plant, run it through it's complete cycle and loop it off about 12" high after harvest, seal the wound, and leave a couple lower cola's just for added... ? But apparently if the strain is strong enough, you can do this 2-3 times and not see any ill effects from such a traumatic event for the 'lil lady... (sounds good to me), especially when you consider there's already a rooted eco system already established.

thomic1
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by thomic1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:07 am

(n Sy)