Megan

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Re: Megan

Post by flagg » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:26 pm

Yes deff a female .. no buds but got a few white hairs ..blackxs mention of genetics sounds reasonable ,her taking after her mother so much.

Very disapointed but thats life i suppose.

Will not get rid of her, just carry on for another 8 weeks see if its smokeable, in the meantime buying more seeds ready to try again. :rastasmoke:

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:26 pm

flagg wrote:Thanks Higher ..can you post pick again pls.

Wait it out Flagg...wait it out

Too soon to say there's something wrong really

If it's a genetic thing, then yes this baby will be the same since it's a clone.

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:52 am

The mother had grown so tall i couldnt even get her under the lamp properly, she was 8 weeks into flowering but because she didnt have proper buds, and i wanted to start the cutting off, i cut her down.Must add when i tried a smoke there was a mild hit,maybe if i give this one more time she might be okay.But she sure looks strange, my camera kaput but will post a pic when ive got it fixed.

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Day 21 into flowering.

This is as good a pic as i can manage sory ..the pics dont show much but does show something desperatly wrong.

The next 2 pics shows the weird tops, theres 6 of them that have shot up leaving the rest of the plant bu abouy five inches.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:10 pm

The pics are not working Flagg

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:15 pm

Il try again must have clicked something.

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:29 pm

Day 21 into flowering.

This is as good a pic as i can manage sory ..the pics dont show much but does show something desperatly wrong.

The next 2 pics shows the weird tops, theres 6 of them that have shot up leaving the rest of the plant by about five inches.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:18 pm

By the looks of it I'm thinking maybe you've got yourself a sativa on your hands..the leaves look really thin which is a characteristic of sativa strains. If that's the case then this might be why it's so slow to flower. They take waaay longer than indicas..some of them are like 14 weeks to flower as compared to about 8 weeks for an indica

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:56 pm

I definitely would keep flowering it, and observe the trichromes with a microscope. Until half are cloudy and half are amber, dont harvest. It may just be slow to bud, unless something is wrong with the plant, or you have known better plants to flower, I would just leave it. It could just be the mother's genetics were also a very long harvest period and you simply did not wait long enough.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:44 am

Hi again flagg.

Ive read that megan is a cutting taken from a flowering female here`s what im thinking

when reverting a plant back from flowering into veg i read that it takes a couple of weeks for even for a rooted mature plant to get rid of the hormones that cause flowering & re-release the vegi hormones, this could cause relatively slow growth and this could be worsened by the shock/stress of been cut away from old mom that would no doubt supply the lil lasy with the hormones that she needs to be a vegi plant again instead of having to sort herself out (wow im pissed)..

In short,
The stress/shock of been cut away from mam in flower with a ready food/hormone supply, crossed with megan having to cope with reverting back to vegi stage & creating the hormones on her own, crossed with the slow growth of a sativa (she looks like she is) could possibly be your cause for odd and slow growth

Just keep her goin mate she`ll pull through

Shit i hope that makes sense, i think im gona quit beer & stick to my herbal remedies
You Know Your Boxed When You Look At Your Hands And Wonder Why They Keep Trying To Give You Things

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:31 am

Thanks for the replies bros ..il give her some tlc and hope for the best :rastasmoke:

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:09 pm

As you know i mIxed the seeds by mistake, Jack Herer and Afghani Gold ..just read up on both and compared them to Megan, and found she is deff a Afghani Gold 100% sativa which as you know means you have to have experience (which i totaly lack) to grow a sativa properly.Which explains i suppose the way she looks, weird brown leaves crisping when touched, five tops growing away from rest by about 8 inches with tiny strange buds here and there.Ok i couldnt afford to keep her properly warm, but have fed and watered her properly this brings me to a little disaster,panicking about the size of the pot she was in, i sawed the bottom off the pot so i could place it on another, making more room for her roots to grow.The plant was lying on its side and when i put it back in the pot she wouldnt stand up, just leant over, so i had to hold her up with string.That was about four days ago and it looks like i got away with it, it just means i cant take a pic of her until she has finished flowering in what looks like another five weeks. by the way a belated Happy Christmas to you all :rastasmoke:

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Are you giving her high P & K ferts??
You Know Your Boxed When You Look At Your Hands And Wonder Why They Keep Trying To Give You Things

blackxs
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by blackxs » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:27 am

flagg wrote:The plant was lying on its side and when i put it back in the pot she wouldnt stand up, just leant over, so i had to hold her up with string.
Thats not a good sign. Unless you really loosened the root bowl, the plant should be fine to stand on its own even after a fresh transplant - without string.
If you agree with the above post, please decrease my karma

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:03 am

Was thinking of changing to a bloom feed but stayed with miracle gro for the momment, not to much of it.

It werent a transplant as such, she is in the same pot just with bottom missing and placed on another pot so roots can grow down into it.

Its thawing at the momment so she will have proper heating for next 5 weeks or abouts, cant wait to try her out