Higher's 2007 Indoor Grow - K2 from Nirvana

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: Higher's 2007 Indoor Grow - K2 from Nirvana

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:51 am

02-12-2007, 01:15 PM

7 days flowering

Ok, so far I have two confirmed females and two confirmed males. The other plant still isn't showing any definate sex. I think it's gonna be female though

Since I had the day off, I decided the moment was right to cull the males and transplant the others into 4 gallon pots for the remainder of the flowering period.

Originally I intended to do another scrog, but I have changed my mind. I think I forgot to mention this before I'm just going to let them grow as is. It will be a different experience. I'm not overly concerned with yield..I have enough outdoor smoke to last me till the next outdoor harvest..I'm just doing it for the experience in confined growing and the fun of it

The males plants will be dried and put into the leaf bin for a future barch of oil

Edit: I just checked that third plant, and it's without a doubt another male.

Out of five seeds, I got 2 females.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:52 am

02-17-2007, 03:54 PM

Flower Day 12

Here's my girlfriend and my mistress and 12 days flowering. Sexy chicks aren't they?

I've managed to get the 250 watt HPS very close to the plant tops. About 2 or 3 inches away. I placed a fan directly in line with the bulb, and it's pretty effective at reducing the heat under there

Everything is going well. They have been receiving full dose MJ appropriate nutes with added Fish Emulsion and Epsom Salts every other watering. I think I will give them one last dose of vegging nutes in a few days, before switching over too the flowering ones.

Quite the temperature difference in the box compared to last summer. I had temps going over 100 celsius at times last year. It resulted in fluffy buds. This time around it's not going over 80.

Weedguru Higher

02-17-2007, 03:54 PM

Flower Day 15

Later today I'm going to raise both fans in the cab, the plants are now growing up into them. The plants don't look their best in these pics, cause I'm 1 day away from a water and feed.

I did a bit of LST on a couple of the branches to even out the canopy a bit. One plant had a few stalks growing several inches taller than the rest

In regards to the fertz, I need some advice. At this stage in the game should I give one last dose of vegging nutes, or switch now to the flowering ones, and maybe just add in some Fish Emulsion? Or no fish emulsion at all?

Weedguru Higher

02-23-2007, 08:29 AM

Flower Day 18

Another peek at the ladies!

02-27-2007, 08:07 PM

Flower Day 22

And God said, let there be bud!

The buds are really beginning to form now! There's still a good 5 weeks of flowering left, but man I am really happy with how well they are doing. Compared to the NL I grew last year, these ones are filling out much faster.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:53 am

03-07-2007, 01:54 PM

Flower 4 weeks

Here's the girls about halfway through flowering!

I'm really busy with work these days so I don't really have time to chat much.

Things are rolling along smoothly though there is some yellowing going on. There's about 4 weeks of flowering left..are they yellowing too soon?

Weedguru Higher

03-12-2007, 04:57 PM

Flower Week 5

Things are continuing to roll along smoothly, and the buds are getting fatter by the day!

They seem to be losing an awful lot of fan leaves awful quick tho..

Weedguru Higher

03-16-2007, 12:40 PM

Here are the girls at 5 1/2 weeks flowering

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:54 am

03-16-2007, 02:52 PM

Here's a few trich pics I managed to take through my RadioShack microscope

Weedguru Higher

03-17-2007, 11:57 AM

I got bored today so I snapped a few more pics. These ones give you a better idea of the size of the colas.

I've got 16 days of flowering approximately to go on this girl. I nuted 2 days ago so I guess from here on in it's gonna be water only. The second plant is gonna need more time than this one. She isn't quite as well developped..in fact I'd say it's about 1 week behind the one in the pic. She'll get an additional dose of nutes

The buds are rock solid already. There ain't gonna be no fluffy buds on this gal! They are this compact now, so I can't wait to see what else is gonna happen over the next two weeks!!

Weedguru Higher

03-20-2007, 07:06 PM

I gave in and chopped off a lower bud

This little bud here weighs in at atleast 2 grams (fresh obviously). I say atleast because my scale doesn't do decimals, only full grams. Whether it's 2.1 or 2.9 I don't know. So that means it should be weighing about 0.5 grams dry..maybe a tad more

On my last grow(NL) a bud that size weigh 0.5 g wet. There is a massive difference in density.

I checked the trichs today and they are mostly clear, but still alot have turned cloudy. Not enough yet though

(That's a mini Bic in the pic BTW)

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:55 am

03-23-2007, 10:47 AM

6 1/2 Weeks Flowering

Here we are at 6 weeks and 4 days of age

I took pics of both plants so you can see the difference in maturity. There's a huuuge difference..Could it be that one pheno is more indica dominant than the other, therefore maturing quicker? These plants have been side by side under the same conditions and I have been rotating them so they received equal light. Or do you think I will just wind up with this plant having more fluffy buds?

Pics 3 and 5 are the immature buds

I did another trichome check today and nothing much has changed. I'll check again on Monday, which will be 7 weeks.

Should I give this immature plant another dose of flowering nutes?

Weedguru Higher

03-25-2007, 03:27 PM

I went ahead and gave the biggest cola the chop. It would have been 7 weeks tomorrow. It was the main cola and growing taller than the other ones, so I removed it and was able to raise the rest of the plant closer to the light. Gonna let those other colas fill out some more. It's not quite ready but I'm having security issues and can't wait much longer....

It weighs in at a big 38 grams fresh! Any guesses on it's dry weight?

I've got it hanging in the closet to dry.

Weedguru Higher

03-26-2007, 08:15 PM

I gave two more protruding colas the chop today

These two were still getting in the way of having the 2 plants level and even at the tops. Gonna get better light penetration this way.

The bud I cut 24 hours ago that weighed 38 grams now weighs 20g. I think it's gonna dry down to 10 grams.

The two colas in the pics weigh in at 21 and 25 grams fresh. The small buds are 9 g's combined.

(Mini-Bic in the pic)

Sidenote: OMG I almost just had a heart attack. I'm sitting here puffing on a joint with the window slighty open and I hear knocking....on the damn window. My heart frickin' stopped beating. I jumped up, looked out..and came face to face with my cat sitting on the window sill. It was her knocking the blinds against the window :?

Weedguru Higher

03-31-2007, 08:02 PM

Ok, here's the pics! Mind you, this is only still a part of the harvest..there's more to come!

This here is 1 ounce of sweet maryjane. Well, I suppose really it's a bit less than that cause I've still got some big ass stems in there that shouldn't be there really.

I've got it curing in a jar atm.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:56 am

04-04-2007, 09:34 PM

The first plant has been completely cut down. I've currently got 46 grams dried (a bit over 1.5 oz) and a bit more drying. It'll bring me up to the 2 ounce mark. Not bad..not bad at all.

The second plant that's left is in the pic..it's complete except for one cola which you see freshly cut in the pics. It's been 8.5 weeks. I think I'll most likely be cutting the rest of the main colas tomorrow, and leaving the smaller buds for a few more days. The buds have finally fattened up to an acceptable level. They are still very different from the other pheno mind you. I'm anxious to see the weight differences. The biggest bud in the pic weighs in at 35 grams freshcut...remember the cola on the other plant was 38g and dried down to 9? We'll see how the 2 compare. The formation of the buds is different. These buds form a 'point' at the top of the cola, where as the other plant had very round topped colas. If you look back at the other plant in an earlier post you'll see what I'm talking about

The smoke is great!! It's a really smooth smoke that doesn't make you cough. It is good even before it's been cured, so it's gonna be even better later on.

The smell is rather hard to describe. It smells like weed yet it doesn't quite...I've never smelled such an aroma! I have no vocabulary words to describe it! It's definatley a good smell. It's not plain old hay smell..it's a sweet smell. When you break up a bud the smell you smell it alot more..smells more like a traditional weed smell then.

The high is great..I'm smoked half of a small blunt(the width of a regular joint but longer) and have had to put it out. I'm stooooned I keep forgetting to take puffs It's much , much more potent than the Northern Lights I grew last time. I'm a seasoned smoker so believe me if I'm this stoned, then a newbie would be flat on their @ss My eyes are puffy and that just doesn't happen to me much anymore. I look stoned..haha

It tastes great...it's a really soft, smooth smoke and taste. I taste no nutrients or anything else that is fowl. Reaaally easy in the lungs. There is no bad aftertaste

Umm..an hour later here I am still as stoned as before..DAMN!!

I'll finish whatever I was saying later if I wasn't finished what I was saying cause this thing has taken me like 2 hours to type..enough is enough