BenoX Grow Log!

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

nox
Casual toker
Casual toker

BenoX Grow Log!

Post by nox » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:51 am

Okay, Well I had one up and running on my last account but that got wiped and couldn't be recovered. Which is a real bummer. I've spent the last couple of months growing this thing. It is my first real grow and I think i've done well with very little knowledge of growing haha. All I've used is seasol(soil conditioner) and every now and then some charlie carp(plant food). I haven't tested ph levels and this and that. Just planted a seed and watched her grow :).
Here are some pictures:

FEMALE CONFIRMATION!:

I think she is beginning to bud, I will post more pictures as she grows more. :)
Last edited by nox on Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: BenoX Grow Log!

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:14 am

Hey Benox, glad to see you back!!! I was enjoying following your grow

nox
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by nox » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:16 am

Haha, thanks man! I tried out some other forums while this one was down, but either no one posts or they are just mainly douches. I will keep you updated as much as I can on the grow buddy. I went out today and had a look, it seems as though the buds are JUST starting to begin growing. I will post a few pictures later.

At this crucial stage, is there anything I should do to make it grow bigger buds? One of my friends said to me I shouldn't water it for a week before harvest to stress it out and make it become more potent? Is this actually true or a load of shite?

Also, when is the right time for harvest? Just when the buds are big? and what would happen if I left the buds on too long, would they just die?

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:49 pm

I haven't heard of the not watering it for the last week, but I haven't looked much in to that much so it may be true. Just remember if you're using nutrients with your water cycles, then flush it the last few waterings. The right time for it to be harvested though is when you see the THC crystals start turning a light brownish color (amber), then that's the perfect time to harvest it. If your top buds are only at maturity, then the bottom ones are most likely going to just be still developing and may need a tad bit more time to fully finish. Be patient to pick it at the right time so that it'll be the best of quality.. Just make sure to pick them before they turn a dark brownish color because that's going past the prime potency for the buds.

If you have a magnifying glass on hand, then that's a perfect way to check the crystals out more closely
Peace Not Greed.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 pm

What he said is good ^

At this point it would also be worthwhile for you to give it flowering nutes, it'll really help the budding process

More often than not, when I harvest I chop the top buds first and leave the lower ones a bit longer to mature.

For indica plants flowering generally takes about 7-9 weeks. From the fat leaves on your plants it's safe to say it's indica. How many weeks have you been flowering so far??

If you don't have a good magnifying glass, then you can judge it's maturity by the hair color. A sign of maturity would be when about 50-80% of the hairs turn reddish brown.

I have heard of not watering in the last week and I have done it. The buds will have less water content upon harvest, which is advantageous for helping control molding during the drying cycle, especially if you have large quantites. It won't make them more potent.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:31 am

So it has been a completely outdoor grow benox? did you germinate inside then plant?
woah

nox
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by nox » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:56 am

It has only been flowering for about a week-week and a half. Thanks for the tips. I don't have a magnifying glass on me, I may try purchase one in the next few weeks if my cash flow increases. I haven't given her a good feed so I'm going out today to buy some good food for this very important time. At the moment my plant is looking sad. All the leaves are drooping down, I just figured it was in need of a water so I gave her a good litre or so. I don't really have a watering schedule to be honest haha. I'm just watering maybe every 4-5 days.. or when it's looking sad. It seems to work pretty good but probably isn't the best. How often should i be watering during flowering? and it's only been just water.. no nutes or food. Maybe this is why its sad? :(

Scarf yo, I did germinate indoh, then moved into a pot outdoh. So it wasn't ALL outdoor I guess, about 99% was.

Here are some new pictures for you guys(should I just add them into the original post or leave them in the new ones?):
23.02.2010 -
28.02.2010 -

WHY SO SAD? :

peace

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:33 am

That is rather sad...if you water it when it looks like that does it come back to normal? If so, it's just too thirsty,

nox
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by nox » Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:53 am

Yep, she's back to normal now. Lookin' beautiful :)

I just went out and purchased some food. It's called 'Thrive - Soluble Flower & Fruit' made by Yates. On the back it reads, "Thrive flower & fruit is a complete, concentrated, soluble plant food, which has been specially formulated to ensure that you get the best from your flowering and fruiting plants. Thrive flower & fruits contains all the main nutrients and trace elements, which are essential for fruit and flower initiation and development." It contains 15% Nitrogen, 4% Phosphorus, 26% Nitrate and the other 65% it doesn't say. What do you think of this?

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:56 am

rofl the underwatered plant looked hilarious!

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:59 am

looking forward to the next addition
woah

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:57 pm

nox wrote:Yep, she's back to normal now. Lookin' beautiful :)

I just went out and purchased some food. It's called 'Thrive - Soluble Flower & Fruit' made by Yates. On the back it reads, "Thrive flower & fruit is a complete, concentrated, soluble plant food, which has been specially formulated to ensure that you get the best from your flowering and fruiting plants. Thrive flower & fruits contains all the main nutrients and trace elements, which are essential for fruit and flower initiation and development." It contains 15% Nitrogen, 4% Phosphorus, 26% Nitrate and the other 65% it doesn't say. What do you think of this?
Marijuana plants require food to grow. The three main components are nitrogen (N, phosphorus (P), and potassium (K). These are needed for strong root growth, strong vegetative growth, and for lush, full flowering and high yields.

Most potting soils come with a balanced NPK ratio that will sustain a plant for the first 2-3 weeks. However, as the plant grows taller and wider, supplemental nutrients are required.

In the vegetative stage, a good 20 - 20 - 20 supplement is often adequate to maintain proper growth and development. Most growers dilute this formula to one-half or one-quarter strength, as marijuana does not tolerate full-strength nutrient feedings well. This can be given once or twice a week, although some growers use it at every feeding.

In the flowering stage, a higher ratio of phosphorus is needed to promote and encourage flowering, as these flowers are the bud sites, and the number of flowers affect the end yield. Phosphorus alone, or phosphorus in a higher ratio - 10 - 30 - 10, is often used in this stage.

Secondary foods that the marijuana plants need are calcium, sulphur, and magnesium. These foods ensure that plant photosynthesis is maintained, allowing strong growth and good development.

The trace minerals a plant needs are boron, copper, molybdenum, zinc, iron and manganese. The marijuana plant takes up a minimal amount of these elements, but they are essential to the overall well-being of the plant.

All these nutrients work together to maintain healthy growth and development. Plants will grow poorly or not at all if deprived of any one of these nutrients. If the lack is severe, the plant may go into nutrient lockout, which is the lack of one nutrients blocking the uptake of all the rest, thus causing the plant to die.

Careful, occasional assessment of your plant will determine whether it is healthy and stable, or lacking in any of these nutrients. These problems are easily fixed, but correcting them is very essential to the continued growth and development of your plant.

http://www.marijuana-seeds.net/Marijuan ... Plant.html

nox
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by nox » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:49 am

Oh damn. So I really shouldn't be using this food as of its low phosphorus content? Can any of you recommend something which is good for the flowering stage? I just went down to my local kmart and found this.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:40 am

thanks higher... that was an interestining read... im still trying to get my hands on some seeds
woah

nox
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by nox » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:54 am

Sup ladsss,

Time for an update on the plant. Everything is going pretty smooth. I've had some trouble with house inspections from my landlord so she has been moved numerous times but is still looking damn fine. Yesterday, we were hit with a flash flood which wiped my garden pretty hard. Heavy hail some recorded up to 5cm wide were falling from the sky, but I protected her pretty well. So it's got a bloody good drink over the last day, and now its just started raining again.

Just before it started, I got a few pictures of the plant.
I'm yet to purchase some food with a high dosage of phosphorus. I looked in a few shops but didnt find anything really. -_-

Here's pics!