Weedguru Higher's 2nd Mini Indoor Grow

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:22 pm

DrGrEEnThUMb wrote:
yeah i was gonna ask you how the white paint was going. but wont the fumes of the paint mess with the plants or are you gonna give it time to dry.
Yeah I wondered about the fumes too actually. But I don't think it will harm them for one cause I have a good ventilation system and two they are only vegging. If the were flowering tyhe bud taking on the small might be a concern.

the aquarium test should be accurate since its very important to monitor THC levels in big aquariums...are you putting the dirt in test or using run-off water?[/quote]

THC in aquariums? ROFL!!

I'm testing the water I put into it. The tap water, it seems to have a PH level around 8.6 which is way too high

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:42 pm

yeah i drink pitchers of aquarium water...PH*

but dont you have to monitor the levels of the soil?
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:10 pm

Well, yes I should be monitoring the soil but I can't really at the moment. I'm just gauging it by what I put into it, and the run off.

I used to have a nice probe for the soil but I don't have it anymore. Ideally you wanna find out what the soil PH is, then once you have that stabilized monitor what is put it.

I thinkI'm gonna get the proper ones of ebay, might find meself something cheap. Cause I'm only getting ballpark figures right now the way I'm doing it

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:56 pm

Day 23

We moved the light up about an inch because the top leaves were showing the first signs of heat stress. Just a tiny bit of drying on the tips. I don't think you can even see it in the pics.

I have been told that male plants stand out from the female plants. Supposedly the male ones are taller, skinnier and less well garnished. I have three plants like that, but you can only see two in the pictures,,the third is behind one of them. Supposedly the males grow taller then the females so that when the pollen is released it falls down onto the females. Can anyone here confirm or unconfirm this?

The tall one just might be a male? Guess only time will tell. I'm really curious to find out if the theory bout the tall males is true

So far the plants are growing at just the right speed, just as we had predicted. they have to be in these small pots until we can sex them cause anything bigger won't fit!! Once sexed we're gonna start three plants in maybe 3 or 5 gallon pots, not sure on that yet. the 250 watt HPS is doing the job fine.

Took this pic through a magnifying glass, gives a pretty cool effect

Tokin42
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by Tokin42 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:24 am

just wondering, how much do these go for by ounce, or even pounds i guess haha.
....Buy the Ticket....

.....Take the Ride.....

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:25 am

Tokin42 wrote:just wondering, how much do these go for by ounce, or even pounds i guess haha.
I don't get what you mean?

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:38 am

i cant wait to see them bud...
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:08 am

DrGrEEnThUMb wrote:i cant wait to see them bud...
You're not going to see them bud, until they are planted outdoors next summer!

Duke Raoul
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Duke Raoul » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:18 pm

you gonna keep 'em inside until april/may and then transplant them out or use them for clones, in which case you got your self a farm... :D
[img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7020/aaaaaaa9kg.jpg[/img]

hash stonehenge...

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Fri Dec 23, 2005 5:16 pm

Day 26

The plants were beginning to take up too much space, the light wasn't getting through properly, and they were getting too crowded. So we plucked off a bunch of bottom fan leaves, they were yellow anyways. Get some light to that undergrowth.

Pot size is becomming a huge concern. We might skip trying to sex them with preflowers, and just kick them into 12/12. In two weeks we'll know for sure. With preflowers we could know in a week..or not. So, if we don't see them that's three weeks away cause we'll have to 12/12 them for 2 weeks anyways. We're pondering upon this decision this afternoon.

Neither of us have any hands on experience with preflowers so we're not 100% sure what we are doing! To gamble or not to gamble

GAZ
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by GAZ » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:15 am

I owuld go with gamble, But maybe the old routine is a good idea cause then your garuanteed it'll work.
If You Want To Get Ahead, Get A Gaz.

[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]

GAZ
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by GAZ » Sun Dec 25, 2005 12:19 am

When someone I knew had their plants growing the tall, scrawny looking plants turned out to be the male plants (2 of them). Whether that was coincidence im not sure.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:26 am

GAZ wrote:When someone I knew had their plants growing the tall, scrawny looking plants turned out to be the male plants (2 of them). Whether that was coincidence im not sure.
I have been told the same thing from very reliable sources. Supposeldy the males grow tall like that so when they release thier pollen, it falls over the females. If they were less tall, the pollen would fall to the ground and not on top of the females. One source relies on that so much that he throws away the tall skinny plants without even bothering to try to sex them. I have 3 of those plants myself, I am very curious to see if this proves to be true.

In Duke's case though, it might not necessarily be that. His have a severe lack of light. The plants need light so they stretch themselves towards it, creating also a tall scrawny plant.

Duke, were the plants grown from seed ? Bagseed or something else?

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:19 pm

For anyone interested in my grow you can continue to watch it here
Last edited by Weedguru Higher on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

GAZ
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by GAZ » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:39 pm

Really is a shame to see you leaving WG community higher. I will definately continue to watch your grow at tokerlounge though.