Weedguru Higher's 2nd Mini Indoor Grow

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:07 pm

GAZ wrote:Did all the seeds sprout?
Yup, every single one of them!

I used the cup of water method to germinate them. It's really simple compared to the paper towel method so many people talk about.

For the cup of water methos all you do it plunk your seeds into a cup of room temperature water , and put the cup in a warm dark spot. We put ours on the hot water tank in the closet. Then you just wait. Ours cracked in a bit less that 24hrs, and another 24 hrs after that they had a 1/4 inch or so taproot sticking out.

The paper towel method is a very popular method, but through some research I discoverd the down side of it. You can loose all your seeds if the paper towels ever dry out. If you forget just once to check if they are still moist then you are screwed. You have to constantly monitor them . This was a problem for us two stoners. I knew we would forget..

So, yeah I got a 100% germ rate from the cup of water method so I would highly recommend it to anyone germing seeds.

see nick dance
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by see nick dance » Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:58 pm

Duke Raoul wrote:^^

flowering is when you change day/night cycle from 24 or 18/6 to 12/12, so the plant thinks its time to start producing flowers/buds...so it does :) Mother plant is a plant for creating clones. Clones are cuttings from live plant that are put in water to grow roots and then in soil. That way you don't need seeds...
[img]http://www.maryjanesgarden.com/images/NorthernLights.jpg[/img]

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:35 pm

Day 14

GAZ
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by GAZ » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:36 pm

All looking very healthy. How have you prevented stretching? How high is the light from the top leaf?
If You Want To Get Ahead, Get A Gaz.

[img]http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/gaj/fingathing.jpg[/img]

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:59 pm

The light is about 1.5 feet above the plants, I haven't moved it up yet since planting them. The temperature seems ok, so I'm leaving it like that. The closer the better :wink:

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:46 pm

Day 16

GAZ
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by GAZ » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:51 pm

Them plants are looking very nice indeed, how come they are all looking different though? I would of thought they'd all be the sameish height, width?

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:57 pm

Well, the two smallest ones are because they sprouted a day later than the others.

The rest I guess it just has to do with light distribution. I try to rotate the plants around to get them more equal.

In the first picture the tallest one you see in the top left hand corner is not actually the biggest plant, only the tallest. That's cause that one got to stretching a bit. It's taller but less bushy. The bushiest one would be the one in the fourth picture done in the above post. See all the little leaves growing out under the bigger ones?

Duke Raoul
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by Duke Raoul » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:45 am

damn Higher, they are beautiful...bushy since they are kids...
[img]http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7020/aaaaaaa9kg.jpg[/img]

hash stonehenge...

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:52 pm

We have noticed the beginning of what we think is a nitrogen deficency in the plants. We sorta had neglected checking the ph levels. Procrastion of my behalf I guess..keep putting off going to get a damn tester cause it's too cold and I'm lazy.

I then remember having a water ph test kit that I used in the aquarium. We tested the tap water with that and got a reading around 8.0! Now the thing is that we don't know how acurate these things are. Does anybody here know? Was used to using a soil probe myself. I wonder if I'll be able to make due with what I have or should I buy a real one?

Anyways, in the meantime we'll pretend the test is correct and I will lower the ph accordingly. I like 99.9% sure this is the problem.

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:03 pm

you could take a sample of your water into the pool store and they will tell you what your levels are. Some pool stores here give free analysis
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:14 pm

Pool stores are closed in these parts this time of the year :?

They sell snowblowers and christmas decoration instead :roll:

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:48 pm

Day 20

Yesterday we gave them a shot of BC Boost and BC grow nutes.Just used half the recommmended does to make sure we don't burn them. Things can be corrected if you use to little, but if you use to much you are in hot water.

We also corrected the PH levels of the water using the aquarium test. Not sure of it's reliabilty but anyhow..

In this picture you can sorta see the yellowing leaves on the bottoms of the plants. The ones on the far right and left on the closest row are the ones that have it the worst. For some reason the true color doesn't really show up in the pics.

Such procrastinators we are...still haven't got the white paint up where we removed the foil :?

Yeah, and here's an example of something you shouldn't do. We added a little more soil into the pots cause since planting it had packed down quite a bit with the waterings. Some of it got on the bottom leaves and we neglected to remove it. It wound up burning onto the leaves leaving these ugly black spots. Both of us feel kinda dumb cause we both knew that was a no no, but for some reason didn't think about it. Look closely at the bottomish leaves in the pic you'll see it.

GAZ
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by GAZ » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:08 pm

Still lookin as beautiful as ever higher, the plants are lookin nice too :lol:

Dr. Greenthumb
Stoned Immaculate
Stoned Immaculate

Post by Dr. Greenthumb » Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:15 pm

Looking good...

yeah i was gonna ask you how the white paint was going. but wont the fumes of the paint mess with the plants or are you gonna give it time to dry.

the aquarium test should be accurate since its very important to monitor THC levels in big aquariums...are you putting the dirt in test or using run-off water?
“Cannibalism? Racism? Dude, that’s not for us ... those decisions are better left to the suits in Washington. We’re just here to eat some dude!”
-Charlie Kelly