new year, new grow

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Re: new year, new grow

Post by SykonoT » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:53 am

Probably tempature,when there's a drop or increase on the temp it sometimes causes color change,mines are purple
Bop bop beech

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:30 pm

So an increase in temperature can turn the stems purple? 2 weeks ago our highs were only in the 70's and the lows in the mid 50's and now we've got highs in the 90's and the lows in the high 70's. I read that purple stems can also be a potassium deficiency? Also the branches are a little saggy, nothin but sun and they're not lifting like they were before. the new lateral branches are doing great though
[quote]ur just a bowless freak arn't you?[/quote]
[quote]yea, pretty much[/quote]

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:28 pm

I'm not sure maybe the cold got them,just give it awhile and make sure they have enough water and bytes being the temps r high,and I've heard that to from a few people
Bop bop beech

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:49 pm

:) :) :) :) :) I'm so happy. Proud father of a little girl. She showed her pistols this morning when I went to check on her. Still has the purple goin on with the stems and a few leaves are curling/yellowing but there's still new growth. Thinkin of adding a little bat guano to the mix to help her out. I'll post pics when my phone finishes charging

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:54 pm

Purple stems are also a sign of stress. Only the stems I bend hard or move alot turn purple.

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Well I sometimes have to move the plant back and forth so the light hits it for the most part of the day but I'm pretty gentle when it comes to moving it around. Think that might be stressing it out?

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Yes, though it may not even be you. It could be a particularly strong gust of wind, for instance.

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Interesting, here I thought wind was a good thing. we don't get too bad of gusts maybe around 25 mph. Would bat guano help at all with whats going on? I'd use more bloom nutes but I don't have the cash for that just yet

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:19 pm

Wind is a good thing: it builds a stronger stem so it doesn't stress and can later support its bounty. As to the bat guano, I have no idea. I'll leave that to someone more knowledgeable on the subject of deficiencies and organic nutes.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:54 pm

yes wind is good,just like indoor growing u would always have a fan blowing on the plants.it strenghtens the stems,making them thicken up,which later on means the thicker the stem is,the bigger the buds itll grow will be.....
small stem,small bud
big stem ,big bud

the color changes is can b the tempature,nute deficiencies,stress..you would either have to google it or wait and ask WEEDGURU HIGHER he is a fkn genious with the shit,he is how i learned alot and also go into the advice section,may have something on it there....ill check for ya n post it up n a few
Bop bop beech

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:47 am

so I've got a little bit of a confusing situation, so she started showing her pistols not too long ago but it seems as though its stopped now. she's only maybe 2 months old or so, around 18 inches and still growing its lateral branches. were still getting around 15 hours of light during the day. Another weird thing goin on is it seems when its in direct light the main fan leaves will droop almost completely to the sides but as soon as I put it in the shade they perk right back up. I'm sooo confused right now, I don't know whether to put inside after 12 hours of light or to just let it finish growing and see what happens. someone help my babygirl :(

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:57 am

This is in the sunlight

This is about 2 hours before sundown in the shade

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

JTP
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by JTP » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:24 am

How hot is it where you are? They could just be getting baked.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:44 pm

Also 15 hours will make it veg. Again instead of bud,to bud u must have 12 hours of light"no more"and 12 or more of darkness others wise she will just grow more branches and will not bud anymore till the lights/dark hours are corrected,and yes it most likely is heat..try watering ur plants early in the morning they won't burn or droop as much,they seem to love watering in the mornings more but afternoon waterings aren't to bad
Bop bop beech

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:02 pm

Yea i thought about taking inside to force flower it but i figure i'd just let nature take it's course. Havent had too many problems since last week, it doesn't droop as much now as at did before. been having a lot of problems with aphids and spider mites, ive gotta check it every couple hours or they start making home. also would anyone know what this white cotton shit is that's growing in the drainage holes?

Also doing a little stealth grow at a buddys house. Using an old dresser in his basement, 32"h x 34"w x 18"d. I've got plans on everything that's going inside but i'll have to take a pic of that later, probably gonna grow about 6-8 lowryder 2's or blue himalyan diesel. still searchin around though

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.