new year, new grow

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Re: new year, new grow

Post by HEAVYhitter » Mon May 09, 2011 5:59 pm

Yea its definitely not the best choice of soil but it was cheap and didn't have nutes, I wanna use the foxfarm soil next time. I may just wait to see which one is female and try and grow inside using the clones. Well see though. They're looking a lot better than they did a couple days ago, the leaves looked like tacos and were pointing straight up. Yea I'm worried about breaking them off during transplant, should the soil be moist or dry before I remove em? I was thinking moist so the roots would have more flexibility when I take en out. Also when should I give em nutes, they were planted on the 27th so about 12 days old now I believe
[quote]ur just a bowless freak arn't you?[/quote]
[quote]yea, pretty much[/quote]

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Tue May 10, 2011 2:09 am

Most people gives bytes at 2-3 weeks old normally from a quarter strength of the amour on the package,then half the amount and so on till u can give ten a full dose,also over feeding them nutes will hurt them more than it will help so be sure to follow the instructions

Also I remembered I wanted to tell u that if your soil is fkd up as bad as mines,don't be surprised if the leaf might start to get a lighter green and maybe yellow..
I recommend doing what I did twice already,answer-- simply flush them.. Wait till it the next watering period and put them n a bathtub(easiest way) basically u want a 3:1 ratio,if u have one plastic cup u need to flush with 3 cups of water..
1 gallon pots-3r4gallons
2gallon-------6gallon

Close to that area any ways lol and to flush just run Luke warm water in you cups n soak all the soil really good,the water coming out the bottom of your cup will be yellowish r brownish at first n when u see that water running clear ur done,just let them dry for a few days before watering again
Bop bop beech

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Wed May 11, 2011 4:03 pm

SykonoT wrote:Most people gives bytes at 2-3 weeks old normally from a quarter strength of the amour on the package,then half the amount and so on till u can give ten a full dose,also over feeding them nutes will hurt them more than it will help so be sure to follow the instructions that's what I thought. I'm probably gonna run by the hydro store here sometime this week. Any particular brand I should consider?
Also I remembered I wanted to tell u that if your soil is fkd up as bad as mines,don't be surprised if the leaf might start to get a lighter green and maybe yellow..well the soil doesn't seem to be hurting too bad, they're all pretty green and have good height. I hears its good to do anyways so ill probably do that when I transplant em this week. They're starting to get rootbound so I'm probly gonna put em in either 4 or 5 gallon buckets, I don't want em gettin too big lol
I recommend doing what I did twice already,answer-- simply flush them.. Wait till it the next watering period and put them n a bathtub(easiest way) basically u want a 3:1 ratio,if u have one plastic cup u need to flush with 3 cups of water..
1 gallon pots-3r4gallons
2gallon-------6gallon

Close to that area any ways lol and to flush just run Luke warm water in you cups n soak all the soil really good,the water coming out the bottom of your cup will be yellowish r brownish at first n when u see that water running clear ur done,just let them dry for a few days before watering again
Oh and btw, I was lookin at all the other grows and your plants were lookin nice as hell lol. I wish I had an indoor setup to do some growin like that, then I'd be in business haha.

I only really have one concern right now, during flowering there should be no light leak during the dark period, well where I was gonna put these was behind a retaining wall next to a highway but the damn lights are hps and there's a little light illuminating the area. Not SUPER bright but enough to see where you're walking. You think this might be a problem? I was kinda thinkin about takin it to a work no one really goes to down the road, but I'd rather not drive with 4 plants in my trunk lol. Whatcha think?

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Wed May 11, 2011 4:18 pm

Work is supposed to be park. Also, forgot to update

It's not too bad u think? I wanna change it before it gets any worse though

And here's my baby, I got a funny feeling this one is gonna end up a male :( not sure why but soups seem to be my luck haha

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Wed May 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Damn in the first pic the plant on right and left and the last pic on there is looking like indica lol basically the type I like to grow because indicas get some big ass fat leafs n nice solid buds!
And I'm not sure on exactly what to say about moving them,if some one finds them there I think you would less likely be caught,I can't say exactly which is best to do with them..
But I'd leave them there and if they start to get to tall I would clip the tops or do some lst,there's a guide n the grow section on it I'll try to find it and post it here for u,and when it's time to bud u can simply place a garbage bag over the plants for 12 hours then remove it and wait 12 hours n do it again"this willgive them the 12/12 light hours they need to start budding"after a week r so u will notice little white hairs(female) or little ball shaped pollen sacks(males)..

To make them sensi( seedless bud) u want to kill and remover them males completely as soon as u see the pollen sacks so that way there's no male pollen to pollinate the females so u won't have seeds at all and also if I'm correct sensi is stronger being the buds will swell and load up on thc/crystals while waiting on the male pollen that'll never come lol because u kill the males

Basically u end up with strong seedless buds
Last edited by SykonoT on Wed May 11, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bop bop beech

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Wed May 11, 2011 6:28 pm

SykonoT wrote:Damn in the first pic the plant on right and left and the last pic on there is looking like indica lol basically the type I like to grow because indicas get some big ass fat leafs n nice solid buds! that's what's weird about these plants, all the seeds came from the same bag but half have nice fat leaves (indinca) and the others have smaller, more finger like leaves (sativa). Probably just a clusterfuck of different buds mixed together. Either way I'm hoping for a nice yield from whatever I'm lucky enough to harvest
And I'm not sure on exactly what to say about moving them,if some one finds them there I think you would less likely be caught,I can't say exactly which is best to do with them.. I'll probably move em to the other side of the neighborhood, not as much light but slightly more houses. I was really considering putting them in nice solid pots and chaining them to the top of a couple trees. Be a Bitch having to constantly climb up and down but I used to do landscaping so it shouldn't too bad if I'm using shoe spikes.
But I'd leave them there and if they start to get to tall I would clip the tops or do some lst,there's a guide n the grow section on it I'll try to find it and post it here for u,and when it's time to bud u can simply place a garbage bag over the plants for 12 hours then remove it and wait 12 hours n do it again"this willgive them the 12/12 light hours they need to start budding"after a week r so u will notice little white hairs(female) or little ball shaped pollen sacks(males).. only thing about using the bag is would have to put it on and take it off at the same time everyday and my schedule doesn't allow me to do that. It's a good idea nonetheless, that's probably something ill end up doing if the tree idea doesn't exactly. Work

To make them sensi( seedless bud) u want to kill and remover them males completely as soon as u see the pollen sacks so that way there's no male pollen to pollinate the females so u won't have seeds at all and also if I'm correct sensi is stronger being the buds will swell and load up on thc/crystals while waiting on the male pollen that'll never come lol because u kill the males that's the plan at least, soon as those little shit start swingin dick around im cuttin em off lol. Ain't no one sexin up my girls unless I say so :lol:

Basically u end up with strong seedless buds

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Thu May 12, 2011 12:54 am

They look pretty nice man....and very very healthy
when are you transplanting?

ps i only skim read
woah

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Thu May 12, 2011 1:28 am

gracias lol. they're a little slow goin but at least they look good. I'm gonna finish transplanting the other three tomorrow, I didst realize how little soil I had left so I was only able to do one, which was the biggest one cause I wanted it to recover faster. I put it in a 2 gallon pot for the time being. ill get em into 5 gallon buckets when I get enough dough for the soil and buckets and whatnot :)

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Thu May 12, 2011 1:35 am

I wanted to ad in that ur roots aren't to bad and could go longer without transplant if needed,but by transplanting u will get 2-3 days of slow growth -no growth but once they pickup they will hit nice growth spurs being theres so much more room fOr the roots to grow freely and also adds in more roots to suck up more nutes and oxygen so expect dome better n bigger plants once transplanted
Bop bop beech

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Sun May 15, 2011 5:26 pm

SykonoT wrote:I wanted to ad in that ur roots aren't to bad and could go longer without transplant if needed,but by transplanting u will get 2-3 days of slow growth -no growth but once they pickup they will hit nice growth spurs being theres so much more room fOr the roots to grow freely and also adds in more roots to suck up more nutes and oxygen so expect dome better n bigger plants once transplanted
yea i can see what you mean now. The one i transplanted the other day has already surpassed the other three and its only been two days :weed: lol i started a few more seedlings just in case. There is some spotting on one of the leaves on the one i transplanted. Think the ph might be off a little.

these one were taken 3 days after transplant

also this week the lows are gonna be in the lower 40 you think they'll be in good share for a few days or should precautions be taken?

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Mon May 16, 2011 2:39 am

Mines the same way with the spots on the leafs,could be over watering,ph r a few ther things but being we have the same soil I think it's just ph because I always have problems with that soil( every grow with it I get spots and dying leafs)..
I think they should be good as long as it's not for more than a day r two,it most likely will put them in shock anoter words they might be stunned n growth may slow alot but it won't be for long and they should pick up good after if
Any thing goes wrong
Also I'm not positive on this because I grow in my room n stead
Of outside,but I've heard a few people say that the shock from the cold sometimes triggers flowering/budding but being there still young and not sexually active and not matured enough to flower yet,they should be good
Most I see happening is the leafs migh droop a little but it's normal
Bop bop beech

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sun May 22, 2011 12:28 am

my outdoor grow went through all sorts of conditions... some times being to precious about things doesnt really help that much...
woah

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Mon May 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Man it's gettin hotter than the devils dick around here lol. almost all week were gonna be hittin 94, humidity is stayin around 52%, definately showin a little heat stress but she's (hopefully it's a she anyways) growin real nice now. i decided since im gonna be do a DWC setup at my buddys house here soon i might as well experiment on a couple. im leaving the one i did transplant in the bucket i have it in now for another month then i'll switch to a bigger pot, i left 2 still in the solo cups to see how little water and a small container would effect em, got some interesting results. I also noticed that on the new sets of leaves on the big plant the branches seem to be developing a red/purplish tint? you think this is a deficancy or genetics? anyways, you probably wanna see pics right? lol

grew pretty nice in just 2 weeks :)

here's the experiment, was a little shocked to see this this morning

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Mon May 30, 2011 11:32 pm

Damn dude that's a male and not good at all!!kill it and completely remove it from the others which might be females..if not the pollin in those ball shaped poplin sacks will spread and pollinate the females giving seeds
Bop bop beech

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Tue May 31, 2011 3:41 pm

Yea I cut it at the base and put it in the garage, its hard to see in the pics but it was actually a hermie, had tiny pistols coming out of the center of the sacks. Either way its dead and gone now. Planted 2 more a few days ago which are doin good. I'm wondering though is why the branches going to the fan leaves are turning red? Everytime I check uo on it the color seems to move farther down the stalk, any ideas?

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.