new year, new grow

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

new year, new grow

Post by HEAVYhitter » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Been a while since I've actually posted on here, been a while since I've even tried growin lol. Anyways I'm back in action seein how it does this year. I'm not goin with anything special, just some bag seeds and hyponoex potting soil from krogers. I germinated the seeds in a cup of water for about 2 days, planted them yesterday but we got a downpour and it flooded the cups I had em in so I moved em inside and put 3 cfls on em with some mylar. Been sunny all day so far So I moved em all back outside. They all seem to be doin good except one, think the water might have fucked it up, I dunno. Tell me what yall thinkImage
[quote]ur just a bowless freak arn't you?[/quote]
[quote]yea, pretty much[/quote]

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: new year, new grow

Post by Ikku » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Hey dude, wow that's an ancient Joined on date haha. Your pics aren't showing up for some reason. Is it just me?
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Yea I been around for a long time, haven't gotten on here as much as I should but like I said its a new year lol. They probably aren't showing up cause I uploaded em from my phone. Ill try again when I get home. Here's the link if you don't feel like waiting lol
http://s1087.photobucket.com/albums/j475/cincinnasti08/

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:13 pm

Here's the pics of em, the first set is when they just sprouted, the others are where i've got em in the closet. It's been gettin too cold and wet outside so i gotta keep movin em, does it really hurt the plants if the temp drops below 50? I know it slows growth down but does it go back to normal once the temp picks up? anyways here they are

these are from yesterday, had to move em in cause all the rain

and these are from just now, i'm waiting for the sun to come out so it warms up a bit, just barely hittin 50 right now

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:57 am

nice man... and welcome back... i look forward to following your grow
woah

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Thanks scarf, hopefullyill be able to keep em alive to give you something to follow lol. The reason being is the soil I had them all in was total shit, hyponex potting soil. well to try and save em I watered the soil down and crumbled it in my hand till it was just the root then immediately stuck em in the new soil. unfortunately 2 of the roots broke a third of the way up and I dropped another one on the concrete :( they seem to be ok but the past 2 days they don't seem to be growing anymore, I'm kinda scared, I think i mighta fuckerd up. please tell me I'm over reacting

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Sun May 01, 2011 2:00 am

im probably not the best to ask... my plant took forever to grow....
but soil is one of the most important aspects....
woah

AbbyRoad
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by AbbyRoad » Sun May 01, 2011 10:19 pm

soil and sun
FUN FUN FUN

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Thu May 05, 2011 2:42 pm

so I switched some stuff around this week to get these babies goin a little better. went out and bought some actual daylight bulbs instead of the soft white, moved the whole setup downstairs where it has more room and got an adjustable fan. I kinda killed two of em during transplant, I checked on em a couple days ago and they had started to fall over. so now I'm down to just 4, which all seem to be doing good except on 3 the sides of em are starting to curl upwards, also how much you think I should water them if they're in 18oz cups? I'll post pics as soon as my phone finishes charging

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Sat May 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Sorry, forgot about the pictures, got some dro so I've been pretty retarded the last couple days lol. Here they are from this morning, lookin a lot better than they did the other day

:)

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Sun May 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Is it just me or should they be bigger at this point? I feel as though these are growin wayyy slower than the last time I grew. maybe its just my impatience but I feel like they should be on their 3rd or 4th set of leaves already. words of wisdom anyone?

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Mon May 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Mines r the same,after a transplant they tend to slow in growth for a lil while,especially if u broke the roots but give them time an patients,in time u will see what I mean..
Over watering/flooding at an early age often kills them
If not corrected soon,they all Lookin really good to me,also u r using a cfl so u can't expect a high grow rate,I fkd up n used some cheap soil because o money issues and I flushed my soil 2x but still they r small..

Soil has a lot to do with it and so does..
Pre fertted soil
Lighting
Fertilizer/nutrients"givin at an early age is not good"
"pre fertilized soil may even kill them/r give nute burn which also stuns the growth "
Lighting hours?I recommend either 24/0 if u want them to stay short and bushy with less stretch,or 20/4 just so the 4hour dark period will give them a little stretch but not much allowing for them to have a little space between bud sites allowing for maximum air flow to the buds preventing molding
Bop bop beech

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Mon May 09, 2011 2:27 pm

N e help needed please ask n I'll help asap
Bop bop beech

HEAVYhitter
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by HEAVYhitter » Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 pm

SykonoT wrote:Mines r the same,after a transplant they tend to slow in growth for a lil while,especially if u broke the roots but give them time an patients,in time u will see what I mean..
Over watering/flooding at an early age often kills them
If not corrected soon,they all Lookin really good to me,also u r using a cfl so u can't expect a high grow rate,I fkd up n used some cheap soil because o money issues and I flushed my soil 2x but still they r small..

Soil has a lot to do with it and so does..
Pre fertted soil
Lighting
Fertilizer/nutrients"givin at an early age is not good"
"pre fertilized soil may even kill them/r give nute burn which also stuns the growth "
Lighting hours?I recommend either 24/0 if u want them to stay short and bushy with less stretch,or 20/4 just so the 4hour dark period will give them a little stretch but not much allowing for them to have a little space between bud sites allowing for maximum air flow to the buds preventing molding
Thanks bud, ill probably need a lot more help in the coming months lol.

Yea my main problem right now I guess is my lack of patience lol, I just can't wait to see em get nice and bushy :) I originally had started with 8 but I left em out in a storm overnight and 2 died right off the bat. Then when I tried to transplant into better soil I really fucked the roots up on another 2 and they actually fell over and wilted completely away. I did have them on 24 hour light but it was getting to be a hassle having to move the plants back and forth constantly so I just decided to leave em outside, only bring em in if the temp is gonna drop below 55. Currently they're in 18 oz solo cups with scotts potting soil, didn't say anything about added nutes which is why I bought it. I'm kinda starting to see the tips of the roots poking at the bottom of the cups, should I move em to a bigger pot already or you think they'll be ok for another week or so? Don't have like, any cash on me, so I'm waiting to get some before I buy more pots/soil. Anyways here's pics from a couple minutes ago, if there's anything else you think I should be doing or considering please let me know :)

I miss my bowl. R.I.P.

SykonoT
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by SykonoT » Mon May 09, 2011 5:31 pm

I'm also using scotts soil lol it's probably the worst choice I made,they looking really nice,big leafs and nice color,mines r smaller leafs but more of them.
The roots coming put the cups is ok for another week r so as long as it doesn't get bad because it'll go root bound n stop growing,alsO it'll be a pain n the a** to remove the plants roots from the cup without damaging them.
Btw how old r these?
Bop bop beech