Mandala Kalichakra Grow 1st Timer

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Mandala Kalichakra Grow 1st Timer

Post by SativaMonkey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Im new here & this is my 1st time growing i put this in the wrong board so here it is at a week in..

Here,s how am lookin so far...

but holding temp is a bitch, need a plug in thermostat & bar heater

I`ll keep posting new pics from week to week...
You Know Your Boxed When You Look At Your Hands And Wonder Why They Keep Trying To Give You Things

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: Mandala Kalichakra Grow 1st Timer

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:11 pm

Woo hoo, another grow journal!!

Looks like you got yourself a nice setup...

What's that water bottle by the light?..it look like it's floating haha

A tip I can give you right now is to be careful not to overwater those seedling. It's easy to do in larger pots like you have. You gotta make sure the pot is dry at the bottom too, not only the first few inches. The best way to gauge how much moisture is in the pot is by weight. MJ plants do not like to be watered everyday. Too much moisture at the bottom of the pots will cause root rot

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Thx higher, My bottles my attempt to humidify a bit (it dont work) LOL, they do seem to be growing that slowly they aint even showin the tips of the three fingered leaves yet could it be im over watering thats slowing them or is theat normal for four days above the soil??.
You Know Your Boxed When You Look At Your Hands And Wonder Why They Keep Trying To Give You Things

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:35 pm

They are looking fine...

Here's mine at about 5 days..

The next set of leaves should have 3 fingers like this...these are about 1.5 weeks old or so

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:50 pm

thx higher my mind was runnin wild that there was something wrong, ill drop in more pics shortly

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:25 pm

cant seed to drop the temp below 79.6F is that ok for seedlings??

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:43 pm

Yep it's fine

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:11 am

Ok ive just read that keeping plants under 24hr light increases your chances of getting males i understand that growing 24hr light creates more vegatation but i want to maximize my chances if getting females, has anyone ever tried to knock their lightcycle to 16hr??..

page 20

http://books.google.com/books?id=fERzFs ... &q&f=false

SpRi7e
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by SpRi7e » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:14 pm

The usual lights for veg. is 18/6, 20/4, and 24/0 where the 18/6 and 24/0 are more commonly done, don't bother going to 16 hours as it will just slow down your growth rate
Peace Not Greed.

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:15 pm

how do SpRi7e, Nice grow on the board bro. i think im just gonna leave as is on the 24/0 they seem like it & i dont like playing with them to much. next time round i might try 18/6..

thanx for your input SpRi7e

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:51 am

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:57 am

Sorry fellas, thx higher, im just reading several books by several authors & the contrast between what they say is taking the piss i think i`ll stick to the greg greens grow bible. oh & growth is pickin up can see the 3 fingered comin through & they about roughly 2ins tall now so i think they likin their enviroment

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:38 pm

Hello again i have another question i dont know nowt about soils/compost ive got the seedlings at moment in west+multi purpose with john innes i cant find the NPK level of this anywhere so when i transplant i was thinking of changing to http://www.pitchcare.com/shop/peat-manu ... mpost.html i`ll add perlite would that be ok for the job??

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:51 pm

Well for starters are you looking to do an organic grow or non-organic or you don't really care or don't know which?

What are the ressources available in your area for acquiring soil, nutrients etc? Do you have a hydroponic store nearby or just a garden center at the local hardware store, or do you need to order things online?

Are you on a limited budget or you want the best of the best regardless of cost?

Are you in the US or UK or what if I may ask?

Can you find me a link to the exact soil mix they are in now please? There seems to be several and I'm not sure which one you have

SativaMonkey
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by SativaMonkey » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Weedguru Higher wrote:Well for starters are you looking to do an organic grow or non-organic or you don't really care or don't know which?

What are the ressources available in your area for acquiring soil, nutrients etc? Do you have a hydroponic store nearby or just a garden center at the local hardware store, or do you need to order things online?

Are you on a limited budget or you want the best of the best regardless of cost?

Are you in the US or UK or what if I may ask?

Can you find me a link to the exact soil mix they are in now please? There seems to be several and I'm not sure which one you have
Here`s the soil they in at moment http://www.gardencentre.co.uk/product.asp?id=5923

Im an organic man its what nature intended but i have problems with finding soil that has its NPK & traces the packaging when i do its usually way to low, i live in a dingy coastal town in the UK where we`ve only just got KFC never mind hydroponics shops lol so its garden center for me i would get canna bio terra but having several bags of canna soil dropped on my doorstep in the area i live is kinda a bad idea NOSEY STONER NEIGHBOURS(Like me), & i want to give them everything so they be the best they can be regardless of cost