MY SWEET HYDROPONIC BABIES.......

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead

Re: MY SWEET HYDROPONIC BABIES.......

Post by POTSMURF » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:47 pm

Will this work or is it too early to start LST??? Did I do it right??? Tell me all the details about doing this....how long??.....what next??....you know, the details...lol.
Oh, by the way, this message is mainly for Higher. Thanks to all though. Help me out Higher. PEACE TO ALL
Attachments
hydro 010.jpg
hydro 010.jpg (135.42 KiB) Viewed 1035 times

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:38 am

Your stem is too flimsy yet to be attempting LST..it's still a seedling. When you are ready to do it,
You've got to tie the string around the stem , not just flopped over a leaf

This here should help you more
First of all, i'm getting this out of the way. It matters not if the plant was from seed, or is a clone.

This is more of a "feel" than an exact science.

I'm tired of useless time frames that simply don’t apply to everybody. I’ve seen some people take months to do the same thing others take weeks to do. Literally.

So we will do this instead; we will use characteristics.

You need the plant to have developed a decent root structure (we don’t want to be pulling the sucker out the soil now do we?).

Now, it’s obviously hard to know what the root structure looks like (as we cant see it), but we can take an educated guess.

You want there to be a certain amount of plant to actually be there to tie down. I used to think that "stretch" was the end of the world, but now I think otherwise. The amount of stem stretch has nothing to do with the future denseness of the bud.

In this picture here, we see a plant that’s definitely NOT ready; better give it some more time.
So I showed you a bad candidate, how about a good one.

A nice lanky plant like the one pictured here is a good place to start. Notice the nice amount of formed branches, and also the the generous room allotted for the ties. You know at this size, she’s got some healthy roots already, and will make you fight to pull her out.

Looks like this girl is ready to begin her training.
Notice the healthy amount of plant left above the tie.

Start out slow. As I said before, you will acquire a feel for this. Don’t push (bend) her too far all at once; baby steps .

Make sure the tie is tight enough that it doesn’t slip, but not too tight that it cuts into her.

This pic was taken seconds after I applied the tie there. Easy does it, no need to rush. This hobby of ours takes patience, get used to it.
Alright, so you have the first tie *tied* down. very nice. see how she adjusted herself to her new position in just a day? depending on the strain and the health, you will notice changes in hours even.

At this time you should think about a counter tie at her *crown* (trunk)

Depending on the size of your lil one, you can decide to skip this step if you want. The tie will be temporary, as she will strengthen herself to her new shape down the road. But for now, you don’t want to be pulling her out of the dirt with your first tie

a day or two later with a counter tie. should look something like this
This is an important time. you will be laying out her future shape. molding her to your liking, for both yours and her benefit.

I find that tying her AROUND the pot works well for me. Fan out her branches so that all of her is getting somewhat equal coverage of light. As she grows, she will continue to grow out in this shape.

I also find that leaving a gap in the *circle* to allow a place to water/feed is required. The larger she gets, the tougher it is for you to get in there and feed her!

All about maintenance! stay on top of it. Have a branch that’s large enough to tie down? then DO so! your in control here, remember.

follow?

Notice the added growth and added black wire to train with. Just keep up on the feedings and stay on top of the temps and air flow

Reference thread
http://www.gardenscure.com/420/training ... -walk.html

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:18 am

wow man wow...
that looks like an intense set up... puts my ghetto set up to shame.

are they feminised seeds or are you crossing your fingers?

as a newbie grower im looking forward to the progression of this thread and learning your techniques
woah

POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by POTSMURF » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:30 am

Dude, I swear to god looking at that just now totally opened up my eyes bro. I see it all so clearly now. I totally understand LST now. No joke bro, for real. You explained it so perfectly. Thank you so much bro. PEACE

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Glad it was helpful...

Check here for the full walkthrough

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=27987

And I just added some LST videos into this thread..you should check them out

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47#p383647

POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by POTSMURF » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Look at how fast these things are growing. They went from having (1)3 leaf set on one side to having the first 5 leaf set starting to sprout out. WOW!!! I mean, maybe I'm easily amused but that to me is fast. What's it been 2 or 3 days maybe?? Here is a few pics for everyone to compare to the last pics. Look how close the nodes are.....these are gonna be some good buddy plants for sure. LOOK REALLY CLOSE AT THE PLANT IN PICTURE LABELED hydro2 006.jpg AND LOOK AT THE TWO 3 LEAF SETS...THERE IS ONE ON EACH SIDE...ON ONE SIDE THE LEAVES ARE LONG,DARK AND SKINNY....ON THE OTHER SIDE THEY ARE SHORT, LIGHT, AND FAT...50%SATIVA/50%INDICA. Anybody who has any questions involving what strains I'm growing just ask. I just found out myself last night. See, I got these seeds from a friend who orders them quite frequently so....he gave me a few different kinds of seeds and at the time didn't know which was which. Now being able to see the plants growing he was able to recall the strains. If curious, I'm only a keystroke away....lol
Attachments
hydro2 005.jpg
hydro2 005.jpg (134.94 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
hydro2 006.jpg
hydro2 006.jpg (137 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
hydro2 007.jpg
hydro2 007.jpg (140.54 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
Last edited by POTSMURF on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by POTSMURF » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:18 pm

here's a few more......
Attachments
hydro2 001.jpg
hydro2 001.jpg (138.61 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
hydro2 002.jpg
hydro2 002.jpg (142.59 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
hydro2 004.jpg
hydro2 004.jpg (135.01 KiB) Viewed 1022 times

POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by POTSMURF » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:28 pm

LOOK AT THE DATE THAT I POSTED THE FIRST PICS AND THEN LOOK AT THE DATE THAT I POSTED THE SECOND PICS. IT WAS THE 13th AND THE 15th. 2 EFFIN' DAYS MAN....WOW!!!

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:42 am

goodluck, grow room looks even greater with that video, man. i bet your next grow is goign to be fuckin amazing haha,

POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by POTSMURF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:49 am

What are you talking about BUBBLES??? You haven't even seen my video yet. I have been trying to get your e-mail address so I could send it to you, but you don't check your mail, obviously....lol. PEACE TO ALL

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:20 am

Bubbles is mixed up cause another member, Skyonot, just posted a grow video in another thread..

Stoner...lol

He sports the name Bubbles for a reason lol

POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by POTSMURF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:47 am

Oh, okay. How do you post a video on here???? And how long can it be?? I have a 60 second video tour of my grow room I want to post. Let me know something ASAP....lol PEACE TO ALL

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:18 am

wait i thought this guy was sykonot, shit man i thought you guys were each other :rofl:

POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by POTSMURF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:08 am

Nope, that ain't me bro. I'm the guy who you went CSI on in my other thread in the growing advice forum.

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:55 am

fuck man i dont even remember what that is.