Flagg`s Fillie`s

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: Flagg`s Fillie`s

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:36 pm

Flagg, that's a male!!!

Get rid of it, like yesterday already!

Try and get a close up pic of the one you say isn't showing any sex.

It should be a female because they show sex later than the males usually

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=26629

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:41 pm

Will take a pic tomorrow .. just got rid of the two obvious males ,, heres hoping the other isnt .. the dwarf one i had in the corner have put it under the lamp now

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:14 am

This is all ive got left .. hope shes a she .. the dwarf is on a chair next to her .. whats in the pics is whats there i mean theres almost nothing on them below what is shown.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:46 pm

There so much trial and error involved in growing....you get better and better results each and everytime you grow cause you learn so much from all the mistakes you made in the beginning

Next time around do the LST when they are young....the results will be completely and I mean totally different

Since your males were so far along, I'm pretty sure those are gonna be females, and probably are already showing their sex, you just haven't looked close enough yet. There might be only 1 or 2 tiny pistils somewhere...look at all the below nodes, not just the main top

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:10 am

Yep it looks like one is fem but the dwarf showing nothing , i wish i hadnt abandoned it in the corner but i wasnt to know the other two were male.

Looking ahead to the next grow was thinking of just topping both and re veg them it seems quicker .. seeing i wont get much buds this time round.

Qr could get a cutting from one .. the only drawback in that is it will be growing under 12/12 for the next month .. does it matter ?

And your right , ive made a ballsup this time but will be a little better prepared next time :)

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:33 pm

You could re-veg both clone or plant, but I think personally I would opt for revegging the plant

I suggest you read this article here if you haven't already

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 68#p356368

After reading that if you want more info on cutting the rootballs, check here (I've done this btw)

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 14#p358114

From revegging the whole plant you start off with a real strong base for the plant...

From there more tops will grow out and then you can LST them and make yourself a kick ass plant!

I have succesfully revegged both plant and clone myself, though I got odd mutations with the clones

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Deff going to try that .. will take pic when time comes because they are much more gangly than the ones in your pic thanks

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:45 pm

How are things coming along Flagg?

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:40 am

where do you take that offcut from?
woah

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:51 pm

Heres all ive got now .. 3 and a half weeks into flowering .. nothin but leaves on rest of plant as next pic will show .. well pissed off to tell the truth but will get few spliffs i suppose .. wish i could start from scratch and maybe do a better job uh .. cant be worse lol

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Heres bottom half .. nothing but leaves.
Can i do LST with branches so scraggly .. and if i can and start off first of next month will i have spliff for xmas ? have starburst bulb for lamp on order for start of next attempt .. thanks again for your help.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:14 pm

3 1/2 weeks flowering and that's all they've budded? You NEED to change your light...
Unless that is you are growing Sativas with can need like 14 weeks of flowering...
I can't remember if you mentionned the strain?

Have a look at these LST guides...

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=26607

http://www.weedguru.com/forum/viewtopic ... 88&t=27987

You could LST them like one would do outdoors with a larger plant...stake them further way and pull the whole plant over parallel or so with the ground..

Like the plant in this pic at the bottom

But it's not like it will do any good with your bulb (way to ancient, ineffective light spectrum...you'd probably better off growing under incandescants hehe

If you start seeds on October 1st it leaves you 12 weeks until Christmas...with mostly Indica strains about 8 of those weeks will be flowering, leaving only 4 weeks for germination and vegging...which is not nearly enough time to get decent size plants

POTSMURF
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by POTSMURF » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:47 am

By the looks of that plant it is definitely a sativa dominant plant. It will probably take anywhere from 10-16 weeks to fully mature depending on the indica/sativa ratio. The more sativa it is the longer it will take to flower but the more potent it will be. Sativa strains are usually better thc producers due to the long flowering period they have time to swell up decent. Back to the topic at hand, your plants look fine for sativas...only thing wrong with your setup is the fact that your light can't reach all the way down that tall plant on the left. A 400w HPS has a 3 foot reach downwards, a 600w has 4 feet, a 1000w has 5-6 feet. So that's probably why your plant doesn't have much bud or you might have put it in shock somehow. It is always hard to tell somebody what's wrong with their plant when we really aren't there to know exactly how it has been cared for. PEACE TO ALL

flagg
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by flagg » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:01 am

Cheers bro`s .. dont know if its a jack herer or afghani gold , i mixed them up at start .. i dont mean start seeds i meant to chop it off after its flowered and re-growing it but as you said it might not be ready until the middle of next month.Will put new bulb in as soon it arrives.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:02 am

Off the top of my head I think Jack is like 10 or 11 weeks flowering....dunno about Afgani gold