Higher's 2007 Outdoor Clones and Seedlings

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Higher's 2007 Outdoor Clones and Seedlings

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:20 pm

Higher's Outdoor Clones 2007

The clones in this first section were the offspring of the plants in the "Higher's 2007 Indoor Grow - K2 from Nirvana" thread. All the clones in this thread were destined for my outdoor grow. In the midst of growing these clones I also started 2 other strains from seed. They were all being grown in the same growbox so I have included those segments here also

02-22-2007, 04:24 PM

My clone cab is in the closet of the adjoining room of the flowering cab. It's just something I slapped together last year with scraps of wood and whatnot that I had laying around. There are four regular floursecent lights on each level. Ventilated with passive intake and a computer fan exhausting on each shelf I haven't reinstalled them yet after dismantling last year so you can't see them in the pics. They go on the side where there are those holes cut out. There is no filtration as the plants in the box are only small clones and don't smell.

The whole rig is on wheels so I can roll it out of the closet with ease. In the pics you can see the carbon filter that is for the flowering box in the next room. The ducting runs through the wall. The front of the cab is towards the back of the closet because there are obvious light leaks. I stack boxes in front of the carbon filter beside the box so everything appears quite normal. Of course I don't usually leave the nutes on top of the box like that though

Weedguru Higher

Re: Higher's 2007 Outdoor Clones and Seedlings

01-13-2007, 11:18 AM

I took the first clones when the mother plants were 21 days old.

I've taken 1 clone off each plant for the purpose of sexing the plants. (To know the sex of the mother plants)I plan to root the 5 clones and then put them on 12/12. I've labeled each clone accordingly so as not to mix them up. I've also got a couple vegging 24/7 that will be for my outdoor grow.

The first pic shows the plants right after removing 1 clone from each plant. The plants look kinda awful in that pic..it's those damaged leaves that are dying off. The HPS light makes them look much more yellow than they really are too...

Pic 3 is the clones sitting in a cup of water right after I snipped them off the plant. The next pic shows them after trimming off the lower branches and snipping off the tips of the leaves. I use Wilson's rooting gel that I get from Walmart for $5.00.

The clones are placed in styrofoam cups filled with pro-mix. I poke a hole with a pencil in the soil and then slide the stem in, packing dirt lightly around it with my fingers

The clones are misted regularly with a spray bottle in the humidity dome with a solution of Jumpstart cutting accelerator from Advanced Nutrients.

Now let's hope they root quick...

mdnicegirl wrote:I noticed that some of your plants have the tips of the leafs cut off. I have also seen this in books. Have you seen good results doing this?
01-22-2007, 05:43 AM

Hey Md, thanks for stopping by.

I always clip the tips off the leaves off my clones. For #1 because the plants transpire less I believe and #2 it makes for more room in the clone pan and looks neater. I've always gotten wonderful results cloning this way. Those clones in the pics are rooting now. This strain seems to take a bit longer to root than my Northern Lights last year though

If you see leaves clipped on the larger plants that's probably because my cat chewed 'em off lol!

01-24-2007, 07:39 AM

The good news is that the clones are rooting! Should be ready in a couple of days to kick them into 12/12 for sexing.

Weedguru Higher

02-01-2007, 07:59 PM

The clones got transplanted into larger cups a couple days ago

Here's a couple pics of the clones that are on 12/12 for sexing. They've been so for 6 days (uhh.. I think?). No signs of sex yet.

Weedguru Higher

02-08-2007, 07:28 PM

The clones that I switched back to 12/12 have decided to show sex. Well, two males have showed themselves atleast. Based on my past experiences, this pretty much means the other three are females. The males always seem to sex before the females. And one of those males is a plant I guessed was male from like day five onward. It was the biggest, tallest, lushest plant.

Three females will be perfect, it's exactly what I was aiming for

The pictures aren't too hot..I had trouble getting a closeup of the balls. I'm not too good with the
zoom ...

02-12-2007, 01:15 PM

Ok, so far I have two confirmed females and two confirmed males. The other plant still isn't showing any definate sex. I think it's gonna be female though

Edit: I just checked that third plant, and it's without a doubt another male.

Out of five seeds, I got 2 females.

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:21 pm

02-17-2007, 03:54 PM

Now I've taken these 2 female clones and have kicked them back into the veg cycle 24/7

They are looking pretty good too..cept for some burnt leaves cause it grew into the light

02-20-2007, 02:35 PM

I took three clones from the 2 clones I have vegging. These ones will be for outdoors.

Weedguru Higher

02-13-2007, 07:51 PM

Now, in the midst of all that, I also started some other strains from seed....

I received the seeds for my outdoor plants today. I ordered from Doc Chronic on February 5th, and got them today February 13th.

I ordered Early Special from Nirvana (E)

Specially created for the Early lovers. Early Special is a strong yielder with a relaxing yet uplifting high and it has a smooth semi fruity taste which can be enhanced under good growing and curing conditions. Early Special has vigorous growth/flowering in good conditions and is disease resistant. Taste the difference of this Early selection with lineage FROM N. America, we think you’ll like it! This is a great choice if you live in northern countries or where growing seasons are short.

* Plant height: Short Plant
* Stoned or high?: Stoned INDICA
* THC level: Medium THC
* Flowering Weeks: 7/8
* Yield : 400
* Harvest Month: 7

and Top44 from Nirvana (T)

T44 is one of our top commercial strains. Top 44 is our fastest flowering variety which under ideal conditions can be ready in ~6 weeks. This strain stays low and does not branch to much making it ideal for confined gardens or sea of green farming. Top 44 is a strong easy to grow plant and a great selection for the first timer. Top 44 has also proven to be a great balcony producer.

* Plant height: Short Plant
* Stoned or high?: Stoned INDICA
* THC level: Medium THC
* Flowering Weeks: 7/8
* Yield : 500
* Harvest Month: 8/9

I will be germining these seeds shortly as I once again need to determine sex and get mothers going for clones

In the first closeup pic you can see one seeds that is pretty white..I'm wondering if that will be a viable seed? Time will tell I guess

Weedguru Higher

02-19-2007, 02:35 PM

I started germing the Top44 and Early Special seeds today. I'm using the cup of water method for the third time. So far I've had 100% success with this method.

02-22-2007, 04:35 PM

Here we are three days later and the E and T seeds have all cracked and are showing the taproot. Time for planting!

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:22 pm

02-24-2007, 07:43 AM

Two days after planting the seeds , 8 have popped through the soil. By tomorrow I expect them to be upright and the coty's will have unfolded. Which reminds me I have got to get that fan running in there..

I planted the germed seeds in Pro-Mix soil and placed them in the fluro cloning box. It's nothing special..just a box I slapped together quickly last year. It's got 2 shelves and is equipped with 4 flourescent bulbs per shelf. I don't even know the wattage or lumens. It's vented with pc fans and there is no filtration device as odor remains at a bare minimum with such small plants in veg.

Weedguru Higher

03-01-2007, 11:22 AM

Many things have happened over the past few days.

I lost two plants..one didn't sprout and the other one I knocked over and it got crushed

I popped two more germed seeds into soil today to compensate. I need to be sure I get atleast 1 female so I want no less than 5 seeds per strain.

I also had a lighting issue. The seedlings were stretching like mad. I added in two more fluro tubes and they seem fine now. It's been three days and theres no excessive stretch.

I decided to transplant those daddy long legs into slightly larger more stable cups. I did it really carefully and the plants didn't notice a thing. The next morning there was new growth.

I also repotted the two small K2 mothers I've got vegging in the same box.

Weedguru Higher

03-07-2007, 07:24 PM

Here's the seedlings at 10 days old. The 2 smallest plants are a few days younger than that as they were germed later. They are growing fine, but man the rate of growth is so slow compared to under the hps light. It doesn't really matter tho, as this is only temporary. As soon as the K2 plants I have flowering are done , I'm moving these babies into that box under the hps. The three larger plants in the last pic are the K2 clones I took a few weeks ago.

Weedguru Higher

03-21-2007, 07:54 PM

The Early and T44 seedlings are about 3.5 weeks old now. They are growing pretty slowly, but atleast they aren't ridiculously stretched or anything. Gonna let them grow another node or two and then I will be taking clones.

The black pots are K2 mothers for later cuttings.

The two green pots are m39 clones given to me by a friend. Well, actually we did a strain swap.

03-23-2007, 09:10 AM

I am such an idiot...

I just realized I managed to miss label one of my plants. I'm supposed to have 5 of each strain..Instead I have 6 cups labelled Early, and 4 labelled T44 Hopefully I'll be able to tell them apart later on.

Anyways, I took 5 clones this morning from the plants that were large enough. Hopefully the other ones will be ready to clone within the week.

I got 2 more fluros tubes at Rona this morning. They were on sale for 4.98 each

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:23 pm

04-18-2007, 08:48 PM

Hey guys, it's been awhile since I've updated I guess eh?!

Many things have happened with the beginning of this grow, tho not too much of great interest. Been busy going through the sexing process and whatnot.

Out of the 5 Early Girl seeds I germed, only 1 turned out female. Phew..that was close! Three of the Top44 seeds were also female.

Under the 250 watt light I have placed 5 plants to become small mother plants. There are 2 M39 plants, 1 Early, 1 T44, and 1 K2.

Blunt Docta
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by Blunt Docta » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:03 am

those leaves look healthy as a mofo

(weedguru)scarf
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by (weedguru)scarf » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:33 pm

you are a GENIUS