Higher's 2007 Indoor Grow - K2 from Nirvana

Ever so proud of your little one? Show the world here!

Moderator: Moderators

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: Higher's 2007 Indoor Grow - K2 from Nirvana

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:56 am

04-05-2007, 09:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up about the mold Rhino! I left them intact because they are so purty, but yeah it's not ideal

Mutus, yes I always dry on a screen. It's the method most convinient for me. That screen in the picture is a framed screen that fits into my growing box. I have six or seven of them that I can install inside it. Makes for a filtered drying area. That one tho is just in the closet as smell isn't a concern with such a small quantity.

I'm off to go harvest some more nugs

Cut another 50 grams fresh..

04-10-2007, 05:23 PM

Ok, so now I've got 1 ounce of dried product off the second plant. It's been curing for a day or two now. The smell is nothing like the other plant! This has a very distinctive citrus smell to it! The other one smells nothing like this.

Which leaves me wondering...are these even the same strain???!!!!
Whatever makes the smell so different? Remember these plants looked different in flowering and one was ready 1.5 weeks later than the other one. (In fact I still have the popcorn buds growing on number 2). Hmmm....

Dried they both look the same as far as I can tell.I'll get some comparison pics up later. Except for the bud shape and density that is.

Opinions anyone??

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:57 am

04-10-2007, 10:20 PM

Well, yes they do seem to smoke the same I guess. Or atleast they aren't drastically different. I haven't really paid much attention to the taste though..maybe I should do a side by side taste test

Here's the harvest pics of the two plants. On the left is the last plant to be harvested. So is pic number 2. Pic 3 is the first harvest with those big dense colas.

The big nugs on the right kinda give you a false impression. You have to imagine them broken up like the ones on the left They have also been in curing for a good week and a half (if not more I loose of time...)

Erm..the pics are crummy, shouldn't have smoked up before shooting 'em I guess

That's two ounces btw alongside a mini-bic

Weedguru Higher

Post by Weedguru Higher » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:57 am

04-15-2007, 08:14 AM

So far I've got 3 ounces and 7 grams of dried bud! Woot! There's still a bit drying and even less still on the plant. 10 grams at the most I'd say.

You know that bud that was smelling citrusy? Well, after a few days of curing it is now smelling the same as the other weed

I'm very satisfied with the yield! Was hoping for 3 ounces, but expecting less. If the second plant's buds had been as dense as the first, I would have been able to harvest a QP or more! Not bad for 2 dinky plants in a box..

04-16-2007, 07:45 AM

Boy, do I have good news this morning! I was checking out the bud that's drying and realized I have more than I thought! There's 21 grams on the screen, and it's very close to being dry. It will dry to no less than 14 g's for sure.(More I think) Which means, if I can pluck 7 g's of the remaining bud off the plant, then I will have successfully harvested a QP!

Bubbles
The Green Bastard
The Green Bastard

Post by Bubbles » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:22 am

daaaaaaayyyyyyyyyuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

i read the whole thang and drooled at all the pictures. good job, man.