Smoking at indoor gigs?

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

beastybeezy
Casual toker
Casual toker

Smoking at indoor gigs?

Post by beastybeezy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:01 pm

I was just wondering - is it OK to smoke at Gigs? I know everyone does it at festivals in parks, but I went to go see Lil wayne a few years back at the Hammersmith Apollo (London, UK - a very well known venue here) and there were a few people toking up around the arena (uk has a smoking ban in effect indoors anywhere).

Anyway, i could see guards looking down from the balconies and sides at these people holding their joints in the air raving away and they did nothing?? at one point, Weezy even said on stage "if you got that good weed and your saving it... nows the time to light up!" So I did, but was so shit scared the whole time i was smoking!!!

How can such a famous, prestigious venue get away with not enforcing a smoking ban and does this happen quite often?
smoke something...

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Re: Smoking at indoor gigs?

Post by leprechaun » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:59 pm

"if you got that good weed and your saving it... nows the time to light up!" pretty much the same thing Snoop said wen i seen him... but it was open air concert.

Dunno man, i wouldn't try riskin it like... Reminds me of a time however in a local bar, pretty hard line Republican bar, so hard line it's called 'The Felons' (because you needed to be a felon to be a member... not making this up) and i saw a guy smoking, drinking a pint, and taking a piss all at the same time...... madness.
Four star familiar.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Well, weed is not legal in the UK, so I'd say that you should be careful...unless you don't care about the consequences. Always better to be safe than sorry

DoctorDoobie
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by DoctorDoobie » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:01 pm

It's usually not a big deal at concerts if you're not painfully obviously smoking weed. I manage all the time 8)

beastybeezy
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by beastybeezy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:31 am

Hmmm going to a R-Les concert in Feb here - just gna have to smoke up before i go in i think. Orrr, has anyone ever tried taking in brownies? i've only ever tried them once as i really enjoy actually smoking weed and feels like i'm wasting it cooking it and shit :-/
smoke something...

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:48 am

Actually.... just remembered, I bumped into an old friend in a club about a month ago. He had this really shit necklace on him, so i asked him what it was and why he was wearing it. Turned out to be a vaporizer, and we were smoking that on the dancefloor, so if you're really serious on tying to find a way you may wish to consider one of these.
Four star familiar.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:50 am

Despite that, down here toking at concerts is bleak.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 am

People are always doing that. As long as you're discreet, there's nothing to be worried about. In large crowds, security usually has bigger issues than a pot smoker, they're looking for drunk, rowdy, violent people. Also, at worst you will probably just be kicked out, or maybe just have your drugs confiscated. Security guards are not usually cops.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:39 am

Dumb bouncers that think I'm too ugly to be in clubs, but hey they don't know i got the kush..

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:44 pm

Went to see Wu-Tang earlier this year. people were constantly getting thrown out the side doors for smoking.

I'd rather ask "Should i really be smoking at an indoor gig, in a country where cannabis is illegal, in a venue which belongs to somebody else, whose policy is that smoking is not permitted?" If the proprietors do not want you to smoke, then you shouldn't smoke in their premises... simple.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:03 am

Wow, I'm shocked! At Wu Tang Clan concert, I'm surprised they're not already high in the introduction!

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:49 pm

They were high. Bouncers aren't gonna throw the talent out are they? However, it's different for the crowd.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Correct again. Damn. My mind is so blank without the hash. Hmm. You have my vote. Thankfully I'm not talentless..