visions from the cacti: a look inside san pedro

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

visions from the cacti: a look inside san pedro

Post by cutthecashflow » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:53 pm

So my curiosity is on the rise again and it is time I let my mind wander away for a day or so. I am thinking of giving the san Pedro cactus a go as I've read the insight into the mind, body, and soul is quite liberating on mescaline. Has anyone tried it before? What extraction or preparation techniques would you recommend? Trip setting? Anything else a prior user can give for advice would be appreciated. Should I take Syrian rue with it or another maoi? I've looked at everything on erowid and found a place where I can purchase the cactus I just am curious if anyone here has tried it.
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Re: visions from the cacti: a look inside san pedro

Post by Weedguru Higher » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:25 pm

What it is? I've never even heard of it....

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:36 pm

I had a ton of San Pedro powder at one point back when I was doing all kinds of different extractions. I was going to do some form of acid/base extraction to get at some pure mescaline. But that was around the time I first got arrested with DMT and in my paranoia I flushed it all away along with a bunch of Mimosa rootbark for DMT and a ton of trippy research chem's I had laying around. Pity, since the fuzz never came knocking down my door after all.

Here are a couple extraction tek's. When doing any of this stuff I like to just study up on various different techniques to understand the basic chemistry behind it, and then follow it to the best of my abilities with whatever equipment and raw materials I have access to.

http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/c ... ction.html
http://forum.grasscity.com/pandoras-box ... o-tea.html

Let me know if you have any questions, like where to obtain certain types of reagents or equipment. You can make a makeshift separatory funnel with the right kind of water/sports drink bottle, the kind with a twist nozzle, all you do is cut off the bottom and then you can use the little twist nozzle to easily remove the aqueous layer from the bottom (holding the bottle upside down since you cut off the bottom of course).
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:56 am

What about setting. I typically like doing these types of drugs outdoors in a park, camping, or out by the riveror lake. Would it be alright to do indoors? I'm just asking because the days above 30 degrees Fahrenheit are at about an end until April up here. Could I do this out ice fishing? If not I'll just wait until next April or may when it warms up again. I'm heading to Florida for a while in December, but I would be very skeptical taking this substance on a plane.

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Ikku » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 pm

(Sorry I've taken so long to reply, I don't often take the time to come around and post, especially with the holidays and whatnot)

I wouldn't risk it through airport security either, although if it was extracted you could try to put it in pill capsules with some inert substance or vitamins or something and just put it in a supplement bottle. I doubt such a small amount would raise any flags. But really, it isn't worth the risk.

As a psychedelic, you can take it in whatever setting you want. To be closer to the traditional nature of mescaline eaters and the true nature of the cactus, I do think warmer weather would make more sense. But it's all your mind in the end, if you had a day with no obligations and the weather seemed nice I would go for it. Just don't overwhelm yourself with tasks, ice fishing might be challenging under the influence if it's anything like shrooms or acid. Make sure you aren't encountering sober people (unless they know you're tripping) or authority figures. As long as you were dressed appropriately for the weather, I don't think it would be a bad time. Indoors would be fine too, as long as you had the option to at least go for a walk outside so you don't feel trapped. You've done psychedelics before, correct?

I definitely recommend trying to extract pure mescaline rather than brew down a tea or anything. I know someone that made a San Pedro brew before and they said it was disgusting and they didn't get a whole lot out of it. The only cactus I would ever try digesting to get mescaline is peyote, which I've heard can be kind of a sickening experience as well. Pure mescaline is supposed to be quite fantastic though. Happy tripping :maniac:
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

cutthecashflow
Intellecutally Wasted
Intellecutally Wasted

Post by cutthecashflow » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks man. I've used psychedelics before, just not sure what to expect out of the cactus. Ill probably wait until spring time. Thing is with lucy I can be around people, hell even with booms. I won't try it for a first time with this stuff though. I chose san Pedro because it's legal to have that plant but peyote is not.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 am

I have long had an eagerness for mescaline, if mescaline could be procured or extracted from the plants in powder form. The experiences possible attract me, but the high chance of severe nausea associated with the more common consumption techniques of the magic stuff from the cacti curb my enthusiasm.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/