Best festivals in Europe Summer 2013

Got a problem? - Get counseling from the gurus

Moderator: Moderators

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Best festivals in Europe Summer 2013

Post by weedguru_animal » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:20 am

My beloved Queen casts a despondent, dejected, grieve stricken figure...such woe due to her earlier failure to secure tickets for next year's Glastonbury festival in my motherland of England. Despite her spiral downwards into the depths of despair, all is not as lost as it seems, for there are other festivals staged in England, and around mainland Europe during the summer months, and one of them we will attend.

Presently, we are focusing on The Secret Garden Party. (http://www.secretgardenparty.com/#!/inf ... /)...which appears, from the reports I have read, a much more feral outing than the now ultra commercial Glastonbury. Which would likely suit me...but looking now at their rules and regulations, I do not much like the sound of sniffer dogs and no spirits to be brought into the premises.

Has anyone here been to Secret Garden Party and can give me a review of sorts???

Also, can anyone give me a review of any other festivals, specifically but not exclusively staged in England, between the months of june and August next year???

any help will be greatly appreciated,
cheers,
AniMAL...
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/

Ikku
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Re: Best festivals in Europe Summer 2013

Post by Ikku » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:30 am

You are dejected that they don't let you bring in spirits, but it looks to me like they do have bars. Probably expensive, so you'd have to stick mainly to beer you can bring in and only have a small amount of liquor from the bar, or whatever you can afford. I would think of it as a regulation in place that forces you to pace yourself you ol booze hound. :P

Anyway I haven't been, but that one sounds really really cool. In fact I haven't been to any festival that wasn't heavily commercialized, I definitely want to. Maybe I'll see about going out to one of those in Europe next summer. Keep us posted on your plans dude.
I personally recommend checking oneself for OCD at least once every 5 minutes.

sugarstalker
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by sugarstalker » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:03 am

what kind of festivals?

although probably very commercialized I am taking the trip to Belgium next year to go to tomorrowland...

leprechaun
Bonghead
Bonghead

Post by leprechaun » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm

I've only ever been to two festivals in Europe, one in Dublin, Oxegen, and one in Budapest, Sziget. I would not recommend Oxegen, a friend of mine got his tent broken into, it rained for the 3 days it was on. Brought green in in my shoes, no sniffer dogs, not much security whilst i was there really.... Sziget however, i recommend completely. It is definitely not mainstream, there's circus acts, i was waking up at 9 in the morning for free tai chi lessons (I can now harness the air and the earth into a giant egg). No booze to be brought on the island... oh yeah, it's on an island. But the drink is like really cheap, Dreher, kinda tastes like a smooth carlsberg, and Sterling to Forint exchange rates were good. Smoke and pills to be found somewhat stereotypically at the reggae stage. There's all sorts of stages... It's great like, defo worth a check, even tho she is out of England, oh yeah, and it's in August.
Four star familiar.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:43 pm

I hit Boardmasters in Newquay in August. The festival itself was terrible. Dizzee Rascal saved the weekend. The weather was beautiful and Newquay itself is a fantastic place. Surfing at the beaches, eating on the waterfront, skate and surf competitions at the beach. It was awesome.
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:39 am

What ever it be off, I reckon to be of positive enigma, is superior..but literally, I never go.

Weedguru_Fire_Inside
Sir Toke-a-lot
Sir Toke-a-lot

Post by Weedguru_Fire_Inside » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Ummmmm...

What?
Death is the only certainty. EVERYTHING else is variable.

Weedguru Higher
Tetrahydrocannabinologist
Tetrahydrocannabinologist

Post by Weedguru Higher » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:59 am

Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:Ummmmm...

What?
:rofl:

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:20 am

I was extremely high on some chron'..I was just saying that I don't really go to any of those shows.

DoctorDoobie
Casual toker
Casual toker

Post by DoctorDoobie » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Dour Festival in Belgium in early July. Europe's #1 druggie festival :applause:

omnific.dc
Herbal Assassin
Herbal Assassin

Post by omnific.dc » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Word. They don't have that in virgin Australia..sadly.

weedguru_animal
Ganja God
Ganja God

Post by weedguru_animal » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:32 am

Weedguru_Fire_Inside wrote:I hit Boardmasters in Newquay in August. The festival itself was terrible. Dizzee Rascal saved the weekend. The weather was beautiful and Newquay itself is a fantastic place. Surfing at the beaches, eating on the waterfront, skate and surf competitions at the beach. It was awesome.
Its a shame out trip now only includes a 2 weeks stint in england, which must take in kent, london and brighton, for family and friend-related reasons. I think she would love newquay...Still, Brighton will prove wholesome to her innocent eyes.

No time for the festival now. The plan is more varied and colourful, but also rather tight in phases...I will explain elsewhere in the other thread I made regarding our trip.
News, football and ranting
http://thedissolutefox.com/